2 replies to this topic

#1 Kevin G

Kevin G

Squirrel Shooter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 99 posts

Posted 10 October 2005 - 04:38 PM

Hello CPC folks,Here is a photo of my Marlin 917VS that I took this afternoon.Posted ImageI have done the trigger spring replacement and have stoned the trigger to remove burrs and tooling marks. The trigger is now around 2 pounds with a little bit of take-up (kind of like a match two stage trigger group) of about 1/16 ? 1/8? and no over travel. It is a FAR CRY better than the 7 plus pounds stock pull with the feeling one was grinding rocks while pulling the trigger. Man . . . lots of burrs and tool marks.I was going to bed the rifle, but the dang thing shoots soooOOOOOo well I thought it best not to fix something that wasn?t broken. I did float the barrel as it was touching slightly on the right side of the barrel channel. Attached is a target I shot with my Marlin and the Remington ammo.Posted ImageAt what ever yardage . . . it equals one each dead GS unit.The rifle is sporting a Weaver Grand Slam in 6 X 20 X 40AO and is in the Duplex Reticule configuration. I was so enamored with this scope I bought one as a replacement for the glass I have on my Ruger 10/22 FrAnKeNmAg.I used this rifle almost exclusively the last day we were in Cedarville. I sent about 300+ GS units to the great pasture in the sky with this rifle/scope combo. After barrel break-in and ammo testing, my Marlin shows a MARKED preference for the Remington ammo. What is rather amusing to me . . . my FrAnKeNmAg also prefers the Remington diet as well. Rimfires . . . go figure huh?Thanks for looking!Kevin G.
Life Member: NRA, VHA, O.T.H.G. Member: CPC.I Do What The Voices In My Tackel Box Tell Me To Do . . .

#2 Hylander

Hylander

Predator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 472 posts
  • Interests:Shooting Sports

Posted 10 October 2005 - 05:10 PM

Very Nice Kevin:My Savage seems to prefer the CCI, It's funny cause all the ammo is made at the same plant using the same componants, only the name and the tip color has been changed.
Failure is not an OptionLincoln,Ca.

#3 Kevin G

Kevin G

Squirrel Shooter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 99 posts

Posted 10 October 2005 - 05:43 PM

Hey guys,Steve,The Skunk huh?Heh . . . OK :DThe target is 5 rounds at 100 yards from a Benchmaster rest on a NO WIND day.Hylander,You are 'prolly the 3rd or 4th person to tell me that.It really spins my grey matter. :P I bought 100 rounds of all the HMR ammo out there as well as an additional 200 rounds of the Hornady just for barrel break-in.After barrel break-in, I put up my .22LR USBR targets at 100 yards and proceded to shoot 100 rounds of each ammo, 5 round per bull.After several range sessions, the testing was completed and the Remington fodder groups 1/2 everything else I feed my Marlin, save for the 20 grain pills that simply suck as far as 'groups' go. The 20 grain pills 'group' around 1.5 - 2 inches . . . blech . . . ;) The target posted was the norm for the Remingtion fodder. Attached is another target with the Remingtion ammo. I wish I had scanned the other targets to show you.Allrightfinethen . . . Rimfires . . . go figure . . .Posted ImageKevin G.
Life Member: NRA, VHA, O.T.H.G. Member: CPC.I Do What The Voices In My Tackel Box Tell Me To Do . . .

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users