3 replies to this topic

#1 ducefour

ducefour

Squirrel Shooter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 51 posts

Posted 22 November 2007 - 10:28 PM

I seen wolf military classic ammo at my local gun shop and was wondering if any of you have tried this ammo...I want to try this in my 9mm can u guys give me some feed back on this ammo if u used it or heard about it thanksTJ

#2 Haywood

Haywood

Predator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 259 posts

Posted 24 November 2007 - 09:48 PM

Wolf ammo is basically dog poop I wish that I still had the targets I shot with that junk. Off a bench rest I shot groups with Wolf, Remington, Winchester and Black Hills ( all .223). All rounds with the exception of the Wolf dog poop put out consistent .5-.75 groups. The Wolf rounds were very inconsistent some groups nearly 3 inches. Imo they are good for little more than just loading up and spraying (for those who have "those" types of firearms). Go to Walmart and buy the 100 round box of Winchester for around 25 bucks, unless you like missing targets.

#3 OrneryOlMofo357

OrneryOlMofo357

Tikka Shooter, and a bad shot at that.

• Gold Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,060 posts

Posted 24 November 2007 - 10:37 PM

Well, I have to go along with the consensus that the wolf ammo is cheap.. I still have about 1400 rounds of it.. but even that has almost doubled in price now. " I paid $99 dollars a box. But if you Own a Mini 14 it will eat it up, and shoot about the same groups as the expensive stuff does ! LOL But I tried it the other day and My TC Contender shoots it pretty well. With Iron sights, at 100 yards.. grouped about the same as the Mini ! :rofl2:

#4 PredatorMaster

PredatorMaster

Big Kahuna

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,258 posts

Posted 25 November 2007 - 06:31 AM

I was told by a gunsmith not to put that garbage in your Mini it gums it up Wolf Ammo that is.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users