12 replies to this topic

#1 atavuss

atavuss

Predator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 232 posts

Posted 22 November 2007 - 11:47 AM

Hi all,what do you guys think of this? it is a 1969 M274 Mule. only had a bit over 200 hours as released from 29 Palms in the desert. full time locked 4 wheel drive, portal axles, high and low range transfer case, aluminum bed, it is the only military vehicle with a load capacity of more than it weighs itself. has a two cylinder Hercules generator motor. top speed is 25 mph in high range and 12 mph in low range. mine is a two wheel steer model, early models were 4 wheel steer. I added a passenger seat and foot basket. these were made to drop from helicopters in Vietnam. I entered it in a local 4th of July parade and won second prize in the military class. Posted Image

#2 ShooterJohn

ShooterJohn

Admin

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,303 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, shooting sports and fishing.

Posted 22 November 2007 - 02:55 PM

A friend of mine has three of those on his ranch. Two run and one is being rebuilt. They're great little vehicles, not fast by any means but they feel faster than they are. That one is a beauty.

Time waits for no one--
treasure every moment you have.

#3 PredatorMaster

PredatorMaster

Big Kahuna

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,258 posts

Posted 22 November 2007 - 06:53 PM

cool

#4 jim d

jim d

Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 589 posts

Posted 22 November 2007 - 07:08 PM

The only problem that the mule really had was that they had tip-over problems on side slopes. I know first hand as I turned (2) two of them over when I was in the Marines. One was loaded with supplies and the other had a 106 recoiless rifle mounted on it.------jim d

#5 Braz

Braz

Formerly know as Alpenliter

• Advertiser
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,790 posts
  • Interests:“Witnessing the Republicans and the Democrats bicker over the U.S. debt is like watching two drunks argue over a bar bill on the Titanic.”

Posted 22 November 2007 - 08:37 PM

Cool vehicle. I'd find a lot of use for one of those. And the 25 max speed limit would not be a problem, as I hardly ever get my jeep over 15.
[url="""]http://www.CallsbyBraz.com'>http://www.CallsbyBraz.com[/url]
Handmade Calls by Braz
"Suppose you were an idiot. And suppose you were a member of Congress.. But I repeat myself."--Mark Twain

#6 Shoot-it

Shoot-it

Big Kahuna

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,227 posts

Posted 26 November 2007 - 04:38 PM

I like it that's different. The only thing it needs is a roll bar if you do ever roll it you won't get crushed.

#7 mac

mac

Big Kahuna

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,503 posts

Posted 10 December 2007 - 05:55 PM

are they hard to come by? I mean ones that are in decent condition?
Mac Daddy"Lock, Stock and Two Smokin' Barrels"

#8 atavuss

atavuss

Predator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 232 posts

Posted 16 December 2007 - 08:11 PM

they are not easy to find in decent condition. if money is no object you can buy refurbished units here:Visit My Websitea few here in various stages of repair:Visit My WebsiteI bought mine at a yearly military vehicle get together at Tower Park Marina on highway 12, there were three Mules there for sale when I bought mine. once in a while they show up on Ebay. sometimes one will show up for sale on the Mule forum at the G503.com forum.

#9 Cranky Farmer

Cranky Farmer

smallblockfuelie

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,436 posts

Posted 17 December 2007 - 02:24 PM

Very nice ride! How does it do in the dirt and mud?

#10 Camoghost

Camoghost

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,449 posts

Posted 17 December 2007 - 02:27 PM

I love those! First time I really ever road on one was at the machine gun shoot at Knob Creek, KY. Very cool!

#11 atavuss

atavuss

Predator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 232 posts

Posted 25 December 2007 - 08:20 PM

Very nice ride! How does it do in the dirt and mud?

ride is rough as only suspension is the tires and padded seats. I tried to get it stuck in a marshy area and was not successful (mine has non stock ATV tires though). it is full time locked four wheel drive with a low and high range transfer case. I believe it can ford up to 18".

#12 Robbduck99

Robbduck99

Plinker

• Banned
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 29 March 2008 - 05:06 PM

very nice

#13 rude robert

rude robert

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,599 posts

Posted 07 September 2008 - 12:01 AM

i bet u cant that that off too many roads. its probably considered a atv. and being communist california we are not allowed to have any military stuff that is any fun great machine though get a roll bar :smiley_kewlpics:
Freedom isn't free, It's paid for in blood! How wonderful, how marvelous is my Saviors love is for Me. He said that it's finished, the debt has been paid for in full.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users