#1 Cranky Farmer

Cranky Farmer

smallblockfuelie

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,436 posts

Posted 14 November 2007 - 12:18 PM

An AR platform by Remington!http://www.remington...el_r-15_vtr.asp

The industry leader in AR-platform rifles met the world leader in hunting firearms, and Remington Country will never be the same. Working in close conjunction, we created an unrivaled combination of precision accuracy, blazing-fast follow-ups and hunt-specific features. The new R-15 VTR modular repeating rifle was born of the most advanced design aspects of AR-15-style rifles available today with a strong emphasis on optimizing form and functionality for the modern predator aficionado. The results are astounding - with very, very fatal implications for every coyote, fox or bobcat that crosses your path.For peak accuracy, the R-15's 0.680" OD barrel sis precision-crafted from ChroMoly steel. It's free-floated within the machined-aluminum fore-end tube and given a recessed hunting crown to ensure gasses escape evenly around the bullet for the ultimate in shot-to-shot consistency. Six longitudinal flutes forward of the gas block promote rapid barrel cooling and increase rigidity while reducing weight, further contributing to this rifle's ability to print tiny clusters at an incredible pace.Model R-15 VTR™ PredatorModel R-15 VTR™ Predator CSAnd our exclusive single-stage trigger design is as clean-breaking as they come. The semi-automatic gas action all but eliminates muzzle jump and recoil so your target remains in the crosshairs. And when it's time to add optics, the receiver-length picatinny rail makes it a rock-solid cinch.Control comes natural with the ergonomic pistol grip and lightweight overall design of the R-15. Its uppers and lowers are machined from aluminum forgings for featherweight durability, and the fore-end tube is drilled and tapped for accessory rails.This new family of firearms consists of three models. Each designed with input from leading predator authorities and decked in the ultra-effective Advantage MAX-1 HD camouflage to blend with sage, open country and a multitude of hunting terrains. All come with five-round magazines and are compatible with all aftermarket AR-15/M-16 style magazines and other accessories.

Posted Image

Attached Files

#2 SpokaneSlayer

SpokaneSlayer

Predator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 334 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, fishing, camping

Posted 14 November 2007 - 12:28 PM

Oh now that's cool!

#3 jacobpaschall

jacobpaschall

Varmint Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 186 posts
  • Interests:Interested in all things to do with accurate rifles. Use to competition benchrest shoot (NBRSA). Avid varmint hunter and handloader. Have all kinds of varmint guns, from facotry to fully custom.

Posted 14 November 2007 - 12:43 PM

Looks very cool and very deadly; I wonder how it shoots? Semi's are defenetely an advantage, but there's nothing like cycling that bolt while dropping multiple coyote's.

#4 Quade

Quade

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,026 posts
  • Interests:Im an art major at Folsom Lake College. So I spend a lot of my time drawing. And if I have time, I shoot then sleep. ( In that order)<br />I picked up a tattoo machine almost 2 years ago..<br />Its scary as hell, but its fun at the same time..

Posted 14 November 2007 - 12:45 PM

cool....

#5 Cranky Farmer

Cranky Farmer

smallblockfuelie

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,436 posts

Posted 14 November 2007 - 12:49 PM

And it will be chambered in 223 and 204.

#6 Quade

Quade

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,026 posts
  • Interests:Im an art major at Folsom Lake College. So I spend a lot of my time drawing. And if I have time, I shoot then sleep. ( In that order)<br />I picked up a tattoo machine almost 2 years ago..<br />Its scary as hell, but its fun at the same time..

Posted 14 November 2007 - 02:16 PM

I think 204 would be awesome..

#7 Jeff

Jeff

SacramentoSkullWorks

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,797 posts

Posted 14 November 2007 - 04:03 PM

Wow. I may hold off on building mine until that thing comes out and is tested.

#8 ehd

ehd

Big Kahuna

• Gold Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,091 posts
  • Interests:Predator hunting ,and hog hunting with my dogs.

Posted 14 November 2007 - 04:42 PM

Wow a neat looking rifle. I had an ar-15 quite a few years back. I bought it for a hog rifle around my dogs. Not much muzzle blast with that little bullet. One day my dogs were bayed in a manzanita thicket ,so i crawled in with that ar. The problem came up that the fat clip release on the side dumped the clip some 300 feet back in the brush. Well they of course had a big boar caught ,so I spated him right behind the ear with the ONLY bullet I had. No problems ,but when I got to town I traded it off for a model 94 in 25-35. Beautiful saddel ring carbine hardley shot.

#9 ShooterJohn

ShooterJohn

Admin

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 22,102 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, shooting sports and fishing.

Posted 14 November 2007 - 06:14 PM

There's hope for Remington yet. :signs1180lq:

#10 HunterJon81

HunterJon81

Varmint Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 109 posts

Posted 14 November 2007 - 06:30 PM

Can you buy that in CA?

#11 Buckaroobarnone

Buckaroobarnone

Predator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 419 posts

Posted 14 November 2007 - 06:36 PM

That's a big negative! It has a detachable mag. Who knows if there going to build one for the kali market. My guess is no.

#12 HunterJon81

HunterJon81

Varmint Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 109 posts

Posted 14 November 2007 - 06:44 PM

Thats what I thought. That sucks !

#13 Quade

Quade

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,026 posts

Posted 14 November 2007 - 08:07 PM

the only way you COULD get it... If they shipped it without the pistol grip attached...But thats just skating around the laws...but I heard of a shop doing that....Because its not on the ban lower list...

#14 Shoot-it

Shoot-it

Big Kahuna

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,526 posts

Posted 14 November 2007 - 08:41 PM

Wow a neat looking rifle. I had an ar-15 quite a few years back. I bought it for a hog rifle around my dogs. Not much muzzle blast with that little bullet. One day my dogs were bayed in a manzanita thicket ,so i crawled in with that ar. The problem came up that the fat clip release on the side dumped the clip some 300 feet back in the brush. Well they of course had a big boar caught ,so I spated him right behind the ear with the ONLY bullet I had. No problems ,but when I got to town I traded it off for a model 94 in 25-35. Beautiful saddel ring carbine hardley shot.

That's a sad story ehd you can't ever buy a real AR in this state again!

#15 ehd

ehd

Big Kahuna

• Gold Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,091 posts
  • Interests:Predator hunting ,and hog hunting with my dogs.

Posted 15 November 2007 - 05:24 AM

I do miss thet little gun ,but I use that 25-35 all the time. i think value is higher on the 25 also.Iwould like to have that rem in a .243

#16 acousticmood

acousticmood

Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 748 posts

Posted 05 December 2007 - 05:21 PM

the only way you COULD get it... If they shipped it without the pistol grip attached...But thats just skating around the laws...but I heard of a shop doing that....Because its not on the ban lower list...

Could you add a button lock or a mag lock to this and make it o.k.?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users