• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#1 CoyoteHuntress

CoyoteHuntress

Royal Oaks Taxidermy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,920 posts
  • Interests:Im a full time taxidermist and I LOVE Hunting- coyotes, bobcat, bear, boar, elk, deer etc..

Posted 14 November 2007 - 08:22 AM

Attached File  LYNXONROCK3.jpg   64.75KB   99 downloadsAttached File  lynxonrock4.jpg   68.1KB   96 downloads In Between customer mounts I play with my own.. My son and I built this rock base. Its made from 2x2's, small chicken wire, rock mix and some plaster of paris. I have some lichen to add to the rock to give it a more realistic look.. Its a little big but we were playing LOL.. It really doesnt need to go so far up or so far down. Still I think it will look good on my wall.. So what you think?
Royal Oaks TaxidermyAward Winning Taxidermist...When Quality Counts! DEER CAPES WANTED

#2 Cranky Farmer

Cranky Farmer

smallblockfuelie

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,436 posts

Posted 14 November 2007 - 08:40 AM

VERY cool !

#3 Quade

Quade

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,026 posts
  • Interests:Im an art major at Folsom Lake College. So I spend a lot of my time drawing. And if I have time, I shoot then sleep. ( In that order)<br />I picked up a tattoo machine almost 2 years ago..<br />Its scary as hell, but its fun at the same time..

Posted 14 November 2007 - 09:08 AM

Looks good... :smiley-innocent-halo-yellow:

The guy who invented the first wheel was an idiot. The guy who invented the other three, he was the genius.

#4 A17Shooter

A17Shooter

Big Kahuna

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,779 posts
  • Interests:Varmint Hunting, Rifles, Hunting Pistols, Long Range, Computers, Cameras

Posted 14 November 2007 - 09:35 AM

Excellent.

Guns only have three enemies, Politicians, Ignorant Liberals and Rust.

"A pen in the hand of this president is far more dangerous than a gun in the hands of 200 million law-abiding citizens."

#5 ShooterJohn

ShooterJohn

Admin

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,144 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, shooting sports and fishing.

Posted 14 November 2007 - 09:44 AM

That's a great mount Rae. Very nice work and the rock looks great. :smiley-innocent-halo-yellow:

Time waits for no one--
treasure every moment you have.

#6 Buckaroobarnone

Buckaroobarnone

Predator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 419 posts

Posted 14 November 2007 - 10:30 AM

Nice job!

#7 Heywood

Heywood

Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 786 posts

Posted 14 November 2007 - 11:12 AM

That's an awesome job, when should I come pick it up :smiley-innocent-halo-yellow: I've got a purrrfect place for that on my wall!

#8 mac

mac

Big Kahuna

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,503 posts

Posted 14 November 2007 - 12:59 PM

looks great!
Mac Daddy"Lock, Stock and Two Smokin' Barrels"

#9 Bozsik

Bozsik

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,518 posts
  • Interests:Having fun with my Wife and Kids, Hunting, Camping, Wildlife Photography, Woodworking, and Illustration.

Posted 14 November 2007 - 01:43 PM

Rae,The mount looks OK. The weight load should look a bit more balanced towards the front of the cat. The front legs shouldn't be so straight. The neck has an odd appearance, but that might be just the lighting. The rock looks very good in the photo. If you would like to experiment on some more challenging specimens, Rae, send me a PM and I will explain further.db
TALK STRAIGHT, SHOOT STRAIGHT, AND KEEP THE MAGAZINE LOADED.ORANGEVALE,CA

#10 Braz

Braz

Formerly know as Alpenliter

• Advertiser
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,784 posts
  • Interests:“Witnessing the Republicans and the Democrats bicker over the U.S. debt is like watching two drunks argue over a bar bill on the Titanic.”

Posted 14 November 2007 - 08:59 PM

Rae, that looks like really great work. Nice going.
[url="""]http://www.CallsbyBraz.com'>http://www.CallsbyBraz.com[/url]
Handmade Calls by Braz
"Suppose you were an idiot. And suppose you were a member of Congress.. But I repeat myself."--Mark Twain

#11 tW!tcH

tW!tcH

Predator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 361 posts

Posted 15 November 2007 - 07:43 AM

Looks good.

#12 Thumper Dunker

Thumper Dunker

STICK BENDER

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,697 posts
  • Interests:Hunting ,Fishing , Wife ,Son ,Cat,Dog , My koi , Trad Bows.

Posted 02 June 2009 - 09:12 PM

Im not realy sure but I think it would look better at my house. :roflmao3[1]: looks ok to me. :good: :signs165xk:
You can hop but you can't hide. Yahi Bowmen. Its not how far you can shoot but how close to the game you get when you shoot. Sights we don't need any sights. Why waist time reloading when I can be making arrows.

#13 CoyoteHuntress

CoyoteHuntress

Royal Oaks Taxidermy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,920 posts
  • Interests:Im a full time taxidermist and I LOVE Hunting- coyotes, bobcat, bear, boar, elk, deer etc..

Posted 03 June 2009 - 07:17 AM

LOL Geez how did I miss this one... Well for the comment from Bozik.. The cat is obviously leaned back because the way the stand is holding the rock... the cat AND the rock are tilted...The cat has to have its front legs straight since it is coming down the rock putting its weight on the one front leg with the other not yet touching the ground, if the weight bearing leg was bent it wouldnt hold the weight of its body. But thank you for your thoughts. AS for it looking cool ... YA it does, what is surprising is that sooo many people think its a bobcat... They will stare at it and you can just see their brains going 90 miles an hour trying to figure out why its so big and why its feet are so huge... they know its not a mountain lion cuz it doesnt have the long tail and isnt yellow, but they just cant think of lynx LOL
Royal Oaks TaxidermyAward Winning Taxidermist...When Quality Counts! DEER CAPES WANTED

#14 sum-rifle

sum-rifle

Predator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 412 posts

Posted 03 June 2009 - 08:13 AM

I just saw this thread about 2 days ago and wanted to comment. First thing I thought of was Lynx. The black on the tail looks cool. Nice work!
Hunt with your kids not for them.

#15 CA Desert Dog

CA Desert Dog

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,937 posts
  • Interests:God, family & country. Predator hunting, shooting, reloading.

Posted 03 June 2009 - 08:14 AM

Sweet!
"Never hold discussions with the monkey when the organ grinder is in the room." Winston Churchill

#16 PredatorMaster

PredatorMaster

Big Kahuna

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,258 posts

Posted 03 June 2009 - 05:51 PM

looks great

#17 rude robert

rude robert

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,599 posts

Posted 08 June 2009 - 04:01 PM

I wonder what happen to my cat!! Nice work, never seen my cat look so good! :ph34r:
Freedom isn't free, It's paid for in blood! How wonderful, how marvelous is my Saviors love is for Me. He said that it's finished, the debt has been paid for in full.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users