• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 ehd

ehd

Big Kahuna

• Gold Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,834 posts
  • Interests:Predator hunting ,and hog hunting with my dogs.

Posted 08 November 2007 - 04:34 PM

Well i couldnt stand it . I loved the look of that M-1 bandit for what I am doing. So here it goes.. I have an F-x-5 and I will list what I like and dislike about it. the remote in my book is too hard to see what sound you are on. The presets are a good feature and the timer. I love the timer. Sound quality is good, the little minaska is much cleaner quality and Plenty of volume out of the little M-1. Fox pro is very easy to add your own sounds , having issues with Minaska being I run a Mac computer. I hope to work it out. Both seem very well built. I like the simplicity of the minaska remote. I have not tested the range of the remote, but if it does 100 yards that is plenty for me. I like to supliment my hand calling with an e-caller , either with my own sounds loaded or with a coaxer lightly chirping. I LOVE the small size for running and gunning type of calling. Also I think you get a lifetime supply of sounds with the Minaska for free. If I can load and move the sounds on my mac , Its going to be a hit..

#2 ShooterJohn

ShooterJohn

Admin

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,502 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, shooting sports and fishing.

Posted 08 November 2007 - 06:11 PM

I knew that you would like it Eric. When you said you were going to try one I knew it wouldn't be going back. I thought that FoxPro's remote was cool the first time I saw it but it's to hard for my eye to read and I don't care for the lag time in them. I've heard the Minaska remotes work right now like a remote should work. Plus the have nice big glow in the dark buttons. I'm sure it will become your favorite call soon. I've got a Mac too and I'm sure you'll get it figured out.

Time waits for no one--
treasure every moment you have.

#3 ehd

ehd

Big Kahuna

• Gold Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,834 posts
  • Interests:Predator hunting ,and hog hunting with my dogs.

Posted 08 November 2007 - 08:22 PM

10-4. I can open the files, but they are labeled 1-99 versus bank 1,bank 2 etc.. so i wont fool around with moving or loading my stuff until I talk to there rep. The sound quality is really great. and a ton of volume for such a little call.

#4 ShooterJohn

ShooterJohn

Admin

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,502 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, shooting sports and fishing.

Posted 08 November 2007 - 08:45 PM

You can always run your Mac under Windows. I know that's not why we buy Mac but it's an option. I hear those caller do have the volume. Plus everybody says the sound quality is awesome.

Time waits for no one--
treasure every moment you have.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users