• Please log in to reply
41 replies to this topic

#31 mrkubota

mrkubota

Plinker

• Members
  • Pip
  • 38 posts
  • Interests:firearms/shooting, flying, music:<br />http://music.download.com/stratusgospel

Posted 18 March 2006 - 07:43 PM

Welcome, Ben.... 50 BMG? too cool!

Thanks all for kind welcome!Me 'n Ma at the range:Posted Image

#32 Cranky Farmer

Cranky Farmer

smallblockfuelie

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,436 posts

Posted 18 March 2006 - 07:52 PM

SWEET !!!! That looks like too much fun!

#33 ShooterJohn

ShooterJohn

Admin

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,686 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, shooting sports and fishing.

Posted 18 March 2006 - 10:21 PM

Hey Ben, Nice video trimming the .50's but you've got that thing sideways and they're supposed to go in from the top. ;) That way the cuttings fall down and away from the cutter head. You only need to lay it on it's side to change the cutters. :lol:

#34 Cranky Farmer

Cranky Farmer

smallblockfuelie

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,436 posts

Posted 19 March 2006 - 02:00 AM

right-click, save as: Giraud Trimmer//Ben

Ben,Can I add your video to the downloads section located HERE?

#35 ShooterJohn

ShooterJohn

Admin

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,686 posts

Posted 19 March 2006 - 11:59 AM

Doug Giraud said he better rewrite his instructions as it seems too many people are using his machine on it's side like a Gracey which is wrong! :D :D

#36 John

John

Varmint Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 166 posts
  • Interests:Hunting,Bench Rest Shooting,Reloading,Fishing,Camping and the great outdoors

Posted 19 March 2006 - 01:25 PM

Shooterjohn I have been looking at the Giraud Case trimmer for about 2 years.But my lingering question is when case triming do I have to full length resize the case or can I trim by just neck sizeing the case.Thanks for the help? :lol:

#37 Cranky Farmer

Cranky Farmer

smallblockfuelie

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,436 posts

Posted 19 March 2006 - 01:51 PM

They need to be full sized to fit in the sleeve. Although he can set you up to trim neck sized only cartridges ... look at the last page of his instruction manual.The instruction manual can be found on the bottom of this page http://www.giraudtool.com/prod02.htmOh, and welcome to the forums!

#38 ShooterJohn

ShooterJohn

Admin

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,686 posts

Posted 19 March 2006 - 04:25 PM

Shooterjohn I have been looking at the Giraud Case trimmer for about 2 years.But my lingering question is when case triming do I have to full length resize the case or can I trim by just neck sizeing the case.Thanks for the help? :)

What smallblockfuelie said. ;) One of my trimmers is set for neck sized cases only. :)

#39 mrkubota

mrkubota

Plinker

• Members
  • Pip
  • 38 posts
  • Interests:firearms/shooting, flying, music:<br />http://music.download.com/stratusgospel

Posted 19 March 2006 - 07:38 PM

Hey Ben, Nice video trimming the .50's but you've got that thing sideways and they're supposed to go in from the top. :) That way the cuttings fall down and away from the cutter head. You only need to lay it on it's side to change the cutters. ;)

;) What! No way! Seriously, after all those years of using the Gracey, trying to use the Giraud in the upright position just feels wrong to me! Doesn't seem to make any difference other than I have to empty it a bit sooner.

Ben,Can I add your video to the downloads section located HERE?

Sure, be my guest! I suppose I should make one with it operating in the vertical position too! :)

#40 ShooterJohn

ShooterJohn

Admin

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,686 posts

Posted 19 March 2006 - 09:07 PM

:) What! No way! Seriously, after all those years of using the Gracey, trying to use the Giraud in the upright position just feels wrong to me! Doesn't seem to make any difference other than I have to empty it a bit sooner.

That's what Doug said is the main problem. People try to use it the same way as the Gracey. The problem is the cuttings drop back into where the case shoulder is and doesn't allow for precise case trimming. Even if you empty it sooner. Plus have you noticed you're always pushing the machine around. By turning it upright and putting the case down into the machine you aren't going to push it away from you. :)

#41 Cranky Farmer

Cranky Farmer

smallblockfuelie

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,436 posts

Posted 03 April 2006 - 09:40 AM

Last night I got the ol Giraud unit setup to trim my 25 WSSM. He doesn't make a case holder for it so I had to buy a blank and get a buddy of mine to cut it with a reamer. Works great!

#42 ShooterJohn

ShooterJohn

Admin

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,686 posts

Posted 03 April 2006 - 09:46 AM

Super! :) Where there's a will there's a way. ;)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users