• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Bozsik

Bozsik

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,518 posts
  • Interests:Having fun with my Wife and Kids, Hunting, Camping, Wildlife Photography, Woodworking, and Illustration.

Posted 06 November 2007 - 05:55 PM

I just prchased a new Garmin Etrex Venture Cx. I want to get a set of topos for use when I go into NV. Do I have to buy the topo Cd/DVD's from Garmin, or does anyone of you know of a better program and mapset to upload maps into my devise. I haven't done any uploading of new maps into a GPS before, so I don't want to fork out the money on a program that doesn't work so well.I appreciate any advice I can get. I do have the USB connector for the PC/GPS linking. I assume the Garmin mapping software has the functions for uploading the map files into the device as well as the map images.db

#2 Cranky Farmer

Cranky Farmer

smallblockfuelie

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,436 posts

Posted 07 November 2007 - 03:59 PM

I have never dealt with a Garmin, but have uploaded lots of maps to my different Magellan's over the year.You can purchase Garmin topo software just about any where, you do not have to buy from Garmin. Not sure what topo software is compatible with your unit but I would think that the item description should tell you.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users