10 replies to this topic

#1 Shoot-it

Shoot-it

Big Kahuna

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,355 posts

Posted 03 November 2007 - 08:53 AM

I am going stripper fishing in Nevada LOL I mean striper in the aqueduct does any one have any secret baits that work good or bait scents. I heard wd40 works I think it illegal do you think it works.

#2 meangreen75

meangreen75

Varmint Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 171 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, Fishing, Dirtbiking, and Flying

Posted 05 November 2007 - 08:14 AM

I am going stripper fishing in Nevada LOL I mean striper in the aqueduct does any one have any secret baits that work good or bait scents. I heard wd40 works I think it illegal do you think it works.

I've seen guys out at Lake Skinner use chicken livers that are tied to the hook with fishing line. They also use cut mackrel. Good luck.Doug

#3 Bozsik

Bozsik

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,518 posts
  • Interests:Having fun with my Wife and Kids, Hunting, Camping, Wildlife Photography, Woodworking, and Illustration.

Posted 05 November 2007 - 09:53 AM

I heard wd40 works I think it illegal do you think it works.

Most fish are already too slipery for me to hold. I wouldn't use it. :rolleyes: db

#4 gotsch

gotsch

Predator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 283 posts

Posted 05 November 2007 - 02:48 PM

Most fish are already too slipery for me to hold. I wouldn't use it. :signs165xk: db

Boz~ I fish for striper alot in the main part of the delta (boat) and they have really been hitting Shad alot, but, the shad are really delicate so try using miracle thread to hold it on the hook, also, try a small rattle-trap if the currents real good. Scent...go with Anise or Shad flavors... good lck man!

#5 Truckeedan

Truckeedan

Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 591 posts
  • Interests:Hunting and fishing whenever my wife will let me!

Posted 06 November 2007 - 03:49 PM

WD40 is ok. Lots of guys use it on salmon baits in the ocean. I think is blocks human scent more than it is an attractor. Some guys swear by it though. Everybody's got a can so why not give it a try?Truckeedan

#6 Navycop

Navycop

Plinker

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts
  • Interests:Jesus, hunting, fishing, NRA

Posted 07 November 2007 - 10:32 AM

There in the Delta, I've had stripers hit on chicken liver, grass shrimp, ghost shrimp, anchovies, sardines, and even clams (which I normally use for catfish). I've also used WD-40 on the livers and clams: I don't think it really up's the chances of catching fish at all. I've also spit and (yup) pissed on bait before casting out. Made no difference either. Either the fish are biting, or not. It's just fun getting out there.Navycop

#7 tomcat

tomcat

Varmint Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 138 posts

Posted 07 November 2007 - 10:57 AM

i live on the oregon coast and we have em all YR here...we use top water broke back jegs or get live bate...what ever is there....and in puting it on make it so it can move and try and run...just remember that a striper is a predator fish..if it looks dieing thay will bite it...i see em eat baby ducks all the time..

#8 lilwes278

lilwes278

SATISFACTORY!!!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,652 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, shooting, fishing, four wheeling, riding ATV's, camping, and the various ECV activities...

Posted 07 November 2007 - 11:39 AM

Stripers? Oregon coast??? ;) I LOVE stripers but I haven't had any luck finding them up here. Let's talk fishin'!!! :o

#9 Thumper Dunker

Thumper Dunker

STICK BENDER

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,833 posts
  • Interests:Hunting ,Fishing , Wife ,Son ,Cat,Dog , My koi , Trad Bows.

Posted 07 November 2007 - 11:56 PM

Fish by the bends and in back of the gates liver ,shad anchovies,sardines,live mudsuckers ,pile worms all will work. But real Men use a fly rod :signlol2iu: Peeker been getting some nice ones out there on shad raps and spot type lures .

#10 Camoghost

Camoghost

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,449 posts

Posted 08 November 2007 - 08:10 AM

Dollar bills usually work but 20's will guarantee you some action!!! :P :signlol2iu:

#11 Shoot-it

Shoot-it

Big Kahuna

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,355 posts

Posted 08 November 2007 - 09:28 PM

I forgot about this thread thank for the tips.The other day I was digging around the empty irrigation canal and found a few crawfish a 3 Inch clam and a few fresh water snails they were big. Thats when I thought I have all the live bait right where I live :doh[1]: I put the big clam in my pond along with a small bull frog. I am going to try and net me some live fish bait in the drying ponds.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users