40 replies to this topic

#31 BC9696

BC9696

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,488 posts

Posted 21 March 2009 - 09:20 PM

Who cares just get two TC pistols and your set. ;)

I have a TC 45-70 Govt that I use to turn heads at the gun club. Strictly a fun gun for me and one that requires thick leather cycling gloves to shoot. Every time I pull the trigger at the range it gets smoggy in there. :roflmao3[1]: I figure if anybody ever breaks into my home at night, I can use my shotgun on them and the TC to stop their getaway car. <g>

#32 Divernhunter

Divernhunter

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,231 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, fun target shooting, reloading, collecting firearms. Also enjoy scuba diving and welding. Shoot 22RF to 50bmg.

Posted 26 April 2009 - 11:49 AM

I have an encore pistol with 223/257Roberts/308win/454casull barrels and my buddy has 44mag/25-06 barrels. All of mine are 15" barrels and I would suggest the 257R over the 25-06. T/C told me the 25-06 barrel is the loadwst of all the ones they make and I believe it when comparing mine to my buddies. Also the 257R is one of the most effencient(sp) ones for the pistol. My 15" barrel does so close to my ruger m77 rifle that it is scary. The 308win is very good and does as well as the 30-06 in the pistol. The 454 is great in the encore.I may get a 204ruger/6.5X55 and a 500S&W barrel for mine.I had T/C drill mine for the rifle forearm also and now I can use a harris bipod on the pistol for hunting. It also looks better with the longer forearm. The cost was only $10 more. I have Leupold scopes on all but one barrel and it has a burris I got cheap that works.

#33 river rat

river rat

Varmint Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 116 posts
  • Interests:THE GREAT OUTDOORS

Posted 26 April 2009 - 03:05 PM

I have one in .222 and it shoots great out to 250 yards.

#34 atavuss

atavuss

Predator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 232 posts

Posted 21 June 2009 - 07:35 PM

I could not find a used Savage Striker or Remington XP100 so I ordered a TC Encore "Pro Hunter" model in .22-250. it is SS with a fluted bull barrel. should be fun! I will be using it for Belding ground squirrels and target shooting.

#35 Braz

Braz

Formerly know as Alpenliter

• Advertiser
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,790 posts
  • Interests:“Witnessing the Republicans and the Democrats bicker over the U.S. debt is like watching two drunks argue over a bar bill on the Titanic.”

Posted 21 June 2009 - 09:36 PM

This is not a T/C but it is a varmint gun. It is a S&W 647-1 Performance Center Varminter. It is currently for sale on Calguns and I just thought you folks may find the picture of it interesting. By the way, the guy is asking $1300 as you see it. Posted Image
[url="""]http://www.CallsbyBraz.com'>http://www.CallsbyBraz.com[/url]
Handmade Calls by Braz
"Suppose you were an idiot. And suppose you were a member of Congress.. But I repeat myself."--Mark Twain

#36 DonArkie

DonArkie

Plinker

• Members
  • Pip
  • 24 posts
  • Interests:Owner of a company in the hunting industry

Posted 08 January 2010 - 03:47 PM

T/C Contender Super 14 in 45 Win Mag w/ Weaver Classic. Texas hog was shot behind the ear @ 12 yardsPosted ImagePosted Image
"Wild Turkey possesses a remarkable ability to turn arrogance into hopelessness." Col. Tom Kelly

#37 Weapon of Choice

Weapon of Choice

Plinker

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 18 August 2010 - 08:33 PM

Digging up an old post here but I have decided to get out my TC with it's 10" 22 Hornet barrel and do some ground squirrel hunting. I have had this barrel for a long time but have shot it very little. Should be a lot of fun. I recently got a CZ 527 in 22 Hornet and I have been having a blast with it so now its time to try my other hornet some.Posted Image

#38 Desert Fox

Desert Fox

Big Kahuna

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,189 posts
  • Interests:Target shooting, Hunting, Reloading, Fishing, Camping

Posted 26 August 2010 - 09:19 PM

I have that exact scope on my TC.Posted Image
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former" Albert Einstein

#39 outdoorsguy29

outdoorsguy29

Plinker

• Members
  • Pip
  • 31 posts

Posted 20 October 2010 - 12:22 PM

If you get Comcast check out channel 81 the versus channel. Larry Weishun aka Mr. Whitetail uses a Thompson Contender on occassion on the ground in a deer blind. I've also seen a lady in Texas in a tree stand shoot wild pig with one. The benefit of having one is you get to buy alternating barrels in different calibers for it for whatever your hunting. THe maybe negative side is that it's a single shot unless you've practiced alot with it before hand.

#40 lepcur

lepcur

Plinker

• Members
  • Pip
  • 37 posts
  • Interests:Bear hunting
    Hunting preds.
    Bird shoothing

Posted 09 January 2011 - 07:57 AM

Did ya ever try the 25-06, I picked up a used 270 barrel for my encore pistol and it kicked like a mule. I shot it enough to get it zeroed in with the scope and decided to swap it off. I think the 308 or 7-08 would be a better choice. Mike

#41 Leonten

Leonten

Squirrel Shooter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 74 posts

Posted 18 October 2011 - 07:58 PM

I've got a Center Contender with 3 barrels. A 10" 222 Remington octagon barrel, with a Thompson 3 X scope. It's a fun varmint gun. An other is the 14" bull barrel in 30 Herrett topped with a Leupold 2X scope. I once shot a dove on the ground with it. The only part left was the tail feathers, the rest was a grey mist. The 3rd barrel is also a 14" bull barrel, 2X Leupold, chambered for the 357 Herrett. With all 3 I need a good solid rest. If I can sit I put the forearm on my knees, but I need a back stop. Other than that any type of bi (or mono) pod is needed to steady the barrel. They're a lot of fun to shoot though!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users