• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 ehd

ehd

Big Kahuna

• Gold Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,836 posts
  • Interests:Predator hunting ,and hog hunting with my dogs.

Posted 26 October 2007 - 06:14 PM

i am looking for some light weight camo with zippered legs. I like to put them on over regular cloths. hit a couple of spots than go to work or whatever. I had a pair of natural gear coveralls that were perfect until all the zippers quit. Any thoughts????

#2 SteveB

SteveB

Varmint Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 108 posts

Posted 26 October 2007 - 07:04 PM

I like my ASAT Leafy 3-D Suit. Easy to put on & easy to get off. Breaths well in the summer and fits over heavier winter clothing, and the larger patern seems to work well in a wide range of enviroments. I don't use it 100 percent of the time, but it's light and packs well. Prices vary so it pays to shop around. WWW.asatcamo.com . There are lots of options out there, I'm interested in what the other guys are using in SoCal and will follow this post. Thanks for asking a good question.

#3 D-Man

D-Man

Big Kahuna

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,482 posts

Posted 26 October 2007 - 07:08 PM

Maybe try to find a lightweight ghillie suit then. I personally wear regular military style camo. Have gone to the Under Armour Heatgear loosefit shirt though. Would swear by that in all kinds of weather as it works great. Maybe find a camo flight suit (Marines have worn them off and on for years) as that would work well. Also, the surplus store by me has German camo coveralls for a fairly decent price.Darren

#4 Quade

Quade

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,026 posts
  • Interests:Im an art major at Folsom Lake College. So I spend a lot of my time drawing. And if I have time, I shoot then sleep. ( In that order)<br />I picked up a tattoo machine almost 2 years ago..<br />Its scary as hell, but its fun at the same time..

Posted 26 October 2007 - 08:01 PM

I just recieved my ghillie form Cheaper Than Dirt, this week.. Its 3 peices, pants, a top, and a hat. Its very light, easy to take off..Works great, scared the dog poop out of my fiance last night.. I hid in the bushes untill she got home... Boo............ Ahhhhh! :good: she was soo mad...I told her it was product testing...

#5 DEERSLAM

DEERSLAM

Hunting 365 days a year...in my mind

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,524 posts
  • Interests:Family and hunting

Posted 26 October 2007 - 09:58 PM

That ain't right Bobby...but I like it :good:

#6 PredatorMaster

PredatorMaster

Big Kahuna

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,258 posts

Posted 26 October 2007 - 10:30 PM

I like this Suit it zips from the croch to the neck very light weight and breaths well has a hood and gloves you can buy it at Turners for about 70 dollars. Yes that is a 45/70 in the pic.Attached File  1.jpg   27.99KB   7 downloads

#7 Quade

Quade

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,026 posts
  • Interests:Im an art major at Folsom Lake College. So I spend a lot of my time drawing. And if I have time, I shoot then sleep. ( In that order)<br />I picked up a tattoo machine almost 2 years ago..<br />Its scary as hell, but its fun at the same time..

Posted 26 October 2007 - 10:52 PM

OK but not to get off topic, how come no one smiles in there picture with there yote?I know i did not in my pic...I dont think Ive seen one where someone smiled... thats all...

#8 ehd

ehd

Big Kahuna

• Gold Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,836 posts

Posted 27 October 2007 - 05:40 AM

Thanks all for the help,you got me busy looking.

#9 PredatorMaster

PredatorMaster

Big Kahuna

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,258 posts

Posted 27 October 2007 - 07:07 AM

Here is a smile for you with my .243! :good:Attached File  1.jpg   34.88KB   8 downloads

#10 Bozsik

Bozsik

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,518 posts
  • Interests:Having fun with my Wife and Kids, Hunting, Camping, Wildlife Photography, Woodworking, and Illustration.

Posted 27 October 2007 - 07:14 AM

I use the ASAT as well. You can wear anything, or if you prefer, nothing under it. :( Garaunteed to fool the yotes and make your wife happy as well. :rofl2: All joking aside, EHD, the mesh netting allows for use in summer or winter. And for your use to have it over your work clothes, it would be an excellent choice. JMHOdb

#11 ehd

ehd

Big Kahuna

• Gold Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,836 posts

Posted 27 October 2007 - 11:24 AM

Thank=you guys for the tip!!

#12 PredatorMaster

PredatorMaster

Big Kahuna

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,258 posts

Posted 27 October 2007 - 08:11 PM

I smile in some of my pics.

#13 woodog

woodog

Shooter

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 774 posts
  • Interests:Open Field Coursing and hunting.

Posted 28 October 2007 - 05:36 AM

Here is a smile for you with my .243! :signs1242cn:

Cool camo on your arms. :signs1180lq:

#14 Quade

Quade

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,026 posts

Posted 28 October 2007 - 09:28 AM

Here is a smile for you with my .243! :signs1180lq:

Ok thats better....

#15 A17Shooter

A17Shooter

Big Kahuna

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,799 posts
  • Interests:Varmint Hunting, Rifles, Hunting Pistols, Long Range, Computers, Cameras

Posted 28 October 2007 - 01:27 PM

I just recieved my ghillie form Cheaper Than Dirt, this week.. Its 3 peices, pants, a top, and a hat. Its very light, easy to take off..Works great, scared the dog poop out of my fiance last night.. I hid in the bushes untill she got home... Boo............ Ahhhhh! :signs1180lq: she was soo mad...I told her it was product testing...

Before you do that again, be sure she's not product testing pepper spray! :signs1242cn:Little edit here:Quade, just forget what I said about pepper spray. Just get her to sign up as CPC member. I'm sure she'll get the idea about posting pics if she bags a "big one".:signs1242cn:

#16 Quade

Quade

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,026 posts

Posted 28 October 2007 - 06:10 PM

thats funny, she is looking at pepper spray....And come to think of it, im getting her a 357 for Christmas.....I better get all the scariing fun out before the 25th.....

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users