• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

#1 Braz

Braz

Formerly know as Alpenliter

• Advertiser
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,798 posts
  • Interests:“Witnessing the Republicans and the Democrats bicker over the U.S. debt is like watching two drunks argue over a bar bill on the Titanic.”

Posted 24 October 2007 - 07:17 PM

It is time again for my annual auction to help support Shooter John in the hosting of this wonderful forum. I feel it is the least I can do. I spend a lot of time on here, and a lot of you good folks have purchased calls from me. That may not have happened if it were not for this forum. Therefore, I feel it is only right that I help John some way. So here is the deal.I have two calls, to go as a set. Both are made from Cedar, and both are great sounding. The little "golf ball" call is a distress open reed and makes a wild rabbit and wonderful pup yips. The body of the call is just over 1 1/2" and overall is 3"The larger call has a new voice in it that is high cottontail and raspy. If you want to know if it works just ask ehd. It is the same voice that I put in his call and he loves it. Over all length is 3 1/4". Now for the rules. Remember, you are bidding on both calls. One price, both calls. The bidding will start right now and run until Wednesday, October 31 and end at 7pm. The highest bid, with a posting time BEFORE 7pm on Wed, 10/31. will be the winner. The winner will be expected to contact Shooter John and arrange for payment. After Shooter John receives payment, I will package up both calls and ship them to the winner. That means the winner will also have to send me a PM with their address. Hopefully I have covered all bases with the rules. If you see something that needs clarification, let me know and we can clarify for all.Here are the pictures of the two calls. Oh yea, the shell is a .223 for comparative purposes.Attached File  CPCauction1.jpg   27.33KB   69 downloadsAttached File  CPCauction2.jpg   33.63KB   65 downloads
[url="""]http://www.CallsbyBraz.com'>http://www.CallsbyBraz.com[/url]
Handmade Calls by Braz
"Suppose you were an idiot. And suppose you were a member of Congress.. But I repeat myself."--Mark Twain

#2 Bozsik

Bozsik

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,518 posts
  • Interests:Having fun with my Wife and Kids, Hunting, Camping, Wildlife Photography, Woodworking, and Illustration.

Posted 24 October 2007 - 07:35 PM

START WITH $20.00DB
TALK STRAIGHT, SHOOT STRAIGHT, AND KEEP THE MAGAZINE LOADED.ORANGEVALE,CA

#3 Rimrock

Rimrock

Big Kahuna

• Gold Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,327 posts

Posted 24 October 2007 - 08:01 PM

$25.00

#4 Desert Fox

Desert Fox

Big Kahuna

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,192 posts
  • Interests:Target shooting, Hunting, Reloading, Fishing, Camping

Posted 24 October 2007 - 08:24 PM

$30.00 hey Braz, eased up on the lube when you full lenght size will you!
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former" Albert Einstein

#5 Braz

Braz

• Advertiser
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,798 posts
  • Interests:“Witnessing the Republicans and the Democrats bicker over the U.S. debt is like watching two drunks argue over a bar bill on the Titanic.”

Posted 24 October 2007 - 08:30 PM

Yea, that's why it is being used for a picture and not being used to shoot with.
Handmade Calls by Braz
"Suppose you were an idiot. And suppose you were a member of Congress.. But I repeat myself."--Mark Twain

#6 clampdaddy

clampdaddy

Chief Feathercloud

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,059 posts
  • Interests:Shooting, Hunting, Reloading, Antique Tractors, Clampin', and Relaxing

Posted 24 October 2007 - 08:41 PM

$35.00
My guns are mine, they aren't for sale, and I only give guns to people that I really like. So I guess the government is **** out of luck.

#7 D-Man

D-Man

Big Kahuna

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,482 posts

Posted 25 October 2007 - 07:58 AM

$45Darren
Blessed be the Lord, my rock, who trains my hands for war, and my fingers for battle; - Psalms 144:1
Fellow Team Savage member and Team Ruger! Semper Fidelis!
NRA Certified Instructor / Multi-state CCW Instructor

#8 204destroyer

204destroyer

Predator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 248 posts

Posted 25 October 2007 - 05:49 PM

$50.00

#9 Camoghost

Camoghost

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,449 posts

Posted 26 October 2007 - 06:22 AM

$100.00 , doesn't feel like your easing up on the lube :smiley-innocent-halo-yellow:

#10 PredatorMaster

PredatorMaster

Big Kahuna

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,258 posts

Posted 26 October 2007 - 07:07 AM

$100.00 , doesn't feel like your easing up on the lube :signs653wf:

:smiley-innocent-halo-yellow: Looks like you got a winner!

#11 DEERSLAM

DEERSLAM

Hunting 365 days a year...in my mind

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,524 posts
  • Interests:Family and hunting

Posted 26 October 2007 - 08:29 AM

WOW!
MIKETEAM .204"Had God not intended for humans to hunt, he would not have made animals out of meat."

#12 Camoghost

Camoghost

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,449 posts

Posted 26 October 2007 - 10:32 AM

I will probably never use them but they will look good in the trophy room. I just did to help support our web page.

#13 DEERSLAM

DEERSLAM

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,524 posts

Posted 26 October 2007 - 10:54 AM

Ya know I've got a couple of Braz's calls on the mantle in my trophy room. I do take them out once in awhile though.
MIKETEAM .204"Had God not intended for humans to hunt, he would not have made animals out of meat."

#14 Braz

Braz

• Advertiser
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,798 posts

Posted 26 October 2007 - 12:40 PM

Hey, you guys need to take them out and hunt them. They are replacable you know. Just ask Menace about his dog chewed call. :smiley-innocent-halo-yellow:
Handmade Calls by Braz

#15 Braz

Braz

• Advertiser
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,798 posts

Posted 28 October 2007 - 08:10 PM

Hey, just wanted to bring this back to the front. Don't let Camoghost steal these calls. Get in the spirit and bid. Still have a few days left.
Handmade Calls by Braz

#16 DEERSLAM

DEERSLAM

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,524 posts

Posted 29 October 2007 - 10:29 PM

Hey, you guys need to take them out and hunt them. They are replacable you know. Just ask Menace about his dog chewed call. :signs1180lq:

My deer antler call is a one of a kind and can not be relaced but I do take it out and have called in grey fox and yotes with it.Oh and Camoghost ain't stealin nothin :wedgie[1]: You da man!

#17 Quade

Quade

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,026 posts
  • Interests:Im an art major at Folsom Lake College. So I spend a lot of my time drawing. And if I have time, I shoot then sleep. ( In that order)<br />I picked up a tattoo machine almost 2 years ago..<br />Its scary as hell, but its fun at the same time..

Posted 29 October 2007 - 10:31 PM

My deer antler call is a one of a kind and can not be relaced but I do take it out and have called in grey fox and yotes with it.Oh and Camoghost ain't stealin nothin :signs1180lq: You da man!

Braz just sent me my own antler call.. Im going to give it a try in about 2 weeks... that call is great... so small, sound great too... Thanks Braz..

The guy who invented the first wheel was an idiot. The guy who invented the other three, he was the genius.

#18 DEERSLAM

DEERSLAM

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,524 posts

Posted 29 October 2007 - 10:52 PM

I love mine and the sound is awesome!Posted Image

#19 Quade

Quade

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,026 posts
  • Interests:Im an art major at Folsom Lake College. So I spend a lot of my time drawing. And if I have time, I shoot then sleep. ( In that order)<br />I picked up a tattoo machine almost 2 years ago..<br />Its scary as hell, but its fun at the same time..

Posted 29 October 2007 - 10:59 PM

I dont have a picture of mine... And Im studying right now so I cant post it at the moment....mine has no spikes on it.. its just the base...its only about 3" x 1"... It soulds great also...

The guy who invented the first wheel was an idiot. The guy who invented the other three, he was the genius.

#20 Braz

Braz

• Advertiser
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,798 posts

Posted 30 October 2007 - 08:52 AM

Here is a picture of Bobby's call.Attached File  Blacktail4.jpg   26.23KB   56 downloadsAttached File  Blacktail3.jpg   23.28KB   54 downloads
Handmade Calls by Braz

#21 clampdaddy

clampdaddy

Chief Feathercloud

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,059 posts
  • Interests:Shooting, Hunting, Reloading, Antique Tractors, Clampin', and Relaxing

Posted 30 October 2007 - 07:51 PM

That call is almost obcene looking. :signlol2iu:
My guns are mine, they aren't for sale, and I only give guns to people that I really like. So I guess the government is **** out of luck.

#22 Quade

Quade

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,026 posts

Posted 30 October 2007 - 07:58 PM

at that angle it sort of does..... :signlol2iu:

#23 Braz

Braz

• Advertiser
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,798 posts

Posted 30 October 2007 - 08:10 PM

Hey, I posted those pictures just for you guys with the dirty minds. :signlol2iu:
Handmade Calls by Braz

#24 Braz

Braz

• Advertiser
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,798 posts

Posted 02 November 2007 - 08:16 AM

WOW, I let this get away from me. The auction is over and Camoghost is the winner with his $100 bid. Thanks so much for the very generous bid. I know it will be appreciated by Shooter John. Contact SJ and he will give you his paypal or snail mail address, which ever he wishes. At the same time, send me a PM with your full name and snail mail address and I will get these two calls boxed up and in the mail. I want thank everyone who bid. It is not much, I know, but I love this forum and it is my way of trying to help keep it afloat. And I have to say a big thanks to John for having this forum here for us.One last thing Camoghost. In your PM to me let me know what kind of voice you want in the closed reed. Cottontail or Jack.
Handmade Calls by Braz

#25 ShooterJohn

ShooterJohn

Admin

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,475 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, shooting sports and fishing.

Posted 02 November 2007 - 08:34 AM

Thanks to both of you and everyone else that took part in the auction. It's very much appreciated and really does go to keeping the forum up and running. I couldn't do it without all of you. Thanks again...John

Time waits for no one--
treasure every moment you have.

#26 Arise

Arise

Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 607 posts

Posted 02 November 2007 - 10:15 AM

Ya know I've got a couple of Braz's calls on the mantle in my trophy room. I do take them out once in awhile though.

Mine are so perdy. One of them hangs on my rear view mirror in my truck.Very cool of you to do this Braz

#27 Camoghost

Camoghost

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,449 posts

Posted 06 November 2007 - 10:32 AM

Hey guys! Just got my calls and they are pretty and sound awesome as well! I think I was wrong, I will defiantly use these out in the field.. I really like to "special" gift that Braz threw in!! Thank you Braz for these incredible calls.. I'll get some pics of their first kills soon!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users