2 replies to this topic

#1 trojan67

trojan67

Plinker

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 22 October 2007 - 08:29 AM

After searching for a scope for my savage16fss 204, I stumbled across a simmons scope 6x24 for $100 from Midway Gun Supply -best price- and appears to meet my goals - did I make a mistake? Feedback on line appears positive for the product and the dealer was helpful. Got a deal on the savage at G I Joes Medford Oregon Any advice on sighting in the scope and mounting is appreciated. After reading your comments, I switched from 223 to 204 and the price I couldn't refuse -- thanks again for your comments and time.

#2 Bozsik

Bozsik

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,518 posts
  • Interests:Having fun with my Wife and Kids, Hunting, Camping, Wildlife Photography, Woodworking, and Illustration.

Posted 22 October 2007 - 08:54 AM

That sounds OK. Sight it in and see if it works. If it works for you. . . there you go. The money you saved on a scope will be sucked up by the expensive cost of shooting the 204. If you are using the scope for coyote, you should have gone for one with lower magnification unless most of the area you hunt is wide open. the upper range of 10-24 power will probably never be used with yotes and squirrels are a bit pricey at $1.oo/shot. JMHOdb
TALK STRAIGHT, SHOOT STRAIGHT, AND KEEP THE MAGAZINE LOADED.ORANGEVALE,CA

#3 woodog

woodog

Shooter

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 774 posts
  • Interests:Open Field Coursing and hunting.

Posted 22 October 2007 - 05:26 PM

Savage includes a Simmons with their package deals. I got one on a .204 and it works well enough that it is still on the rifle after a year. As I recall the scope added only about $35 to the cost of the rifle. For that price I figured I could give the scope to one of my grandsons if I didn't like it. Steve H.
Maricopa in the Southern San Joaquin Valley

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users