• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

#1 CoyoteHuntress

CoyoteHuntress

Royal Oaks Taxidermy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,920 posts
  • Interests:Im a full time taxidermist and I LOVE Hunting- coyotes, bobcat, bear, boar, elk, deer etc..

Posted 02 October 2007 - 04:42 PM

Since we are getting ready to leave for our annual Colorado Deer/elk I thought maybe we could share recipes...For a quick lunch I like to take strips of elk or deer and throw it in a pan with a little oil, season with garlic salt, pepper, salt, season salt, whatever... Then I take hoagie bread, spread some butter on it, sprinkle garlic salt on it, put it face down in another pan and toast it... Spread the meat over it and theres lunch. No need for mayo or anything :signgreatreport3kg: Its also a good fast dinner if your tired :)
Royal Oaks TaxidermyAward Winning Taxidermist...When Quality Counts! DEER CAPES WANTED

#2 Quade

Quade

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,026 posts
  • Interests:Im an art major at Folsom Lake College. So I spend a lot of my time drawing. And if I have time, I shoot then sleep. ( In that order)<br />I picked up a tattoo machine almost 2 years ago..<br />Its scary as hell, but its fun at the same time..

Posted 02 October 2007 - 05:19 PM

wow, that sounds good....

The guy who invented the first wheel was an idiot. The guy who invented the other three, he was the genius.

#3 Buckaroobarnone

Buckaroobarnone

Predator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 419 posts

Posted 02 October 2007 - 05:54 PM

mmmmmmm! where do I sit! :good: sorry no recipes here although I'm not a bad cook. I just prefer to do the eating. :)

#4 ShooterJohn

ShooterJohn

Admin

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,314 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, shooting sports and fishing.

Posted 02 October 2007 - 05:59 PM

I just prefer to do the eating. :good:

Don't we all! :)

Time waits for no one--
treasure every moment you have.

#5 lilwes278

lilwes278

SATISFACTORY!!!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,652 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, shooting, fishing, four wheeling, riding ATV's, camping, and the various ECV activities...

Posted 02 October 2007 - 06:19 PM

Here's a quickie:Grill a couple chicken breasts & cut them into strips/cubes/whatever (or use a package or two of the precooked breast strips). Cook a few cups of white rice (or use 2 of the microwaveable pouches) and when it's done throw in two cans of cream of chicken & mushroom soup along with a can of milk & your chicken pieces. Cook it just long enough to heat everything up real good. Add a little pepper if you wish and your done. Good, hot meal that is very filling and if you use the precooked chicken and microwaveable rice you only dirty up one pot and one spoon so there's no big mess to clean up.
Oregon Hunter's Association memberE. Clampus Vitus Estanislao Chapter 58, Humbug Chapter 73, and Umpqua Joe Outpost 1859 memberIf you can't fix it with a hammer, then you've got an electrical problem.

#6 mac

mac

Big Kahuna

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,503 posts

Posted 03 October 2007 - 02:05 PM

if you've eaten all of last year's vension...does a big 'ol can of Dinty Moore stew count?!? LMAO :signlol2iu: ...my brother is the worse camp cook; this is his staple food in the woods...it's why I took over...for breakfast I usually (btw, breakfast is after the morning hunt) I cook up some beef chorizo, add eggs scrambled, cook it up, heat tortillas served up with a couple strips of bacon, cheddar cheese - breakfast burrito and a lil tapatio....SPICEY!
Mac Daddy"Lock, Stock and Two Smokin' Barrels"

#7 CoyoteHuntress

CoyoteHuntress

Royal Oaks Taxidermy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,920 posts
  • Interests:Im a full time taxidermist and I LOVE Hunting- coyotes, bobcat, bear, boar, elk, deer etc..

Posted 03 October 2007 - 04:43 PM

Mac your breakfast sounds like one of mine... I use a Pita Pocket, scrambled eggs, either sausage or ham, a bit of cheese, and I pour some country gravy over it. (The gravy is just a packet of gravy but man its gooooood....)
Royal Oaks TaxidermyAward Winning Taxidermist...When Quality Counts! DEER CAPES WANTED

#8 ShooterJohn

ShooterJohn

Admin

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,314 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, shooting sports and fishing.

Posted 03 October 2007 - 06:46 PM

Liver and onions! :signlol2iu:

Time waits for no one--
treasure every moment you have.

#9 PredatorMaster

PredatorMaster

Big Kahuna

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,258 posts

Posted 04 October 2007 - 07:35 AM

:signlol2iu: yummy

#10 mac

mac

Big Kahuna

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,503 posts

Posted 04 October 2007 - 10:47 AM

Mac your breakfast sounds like one of mine... I use a Pita Pocket, scrambled eggs, either sausage or ham, a bit of cheese, and I pour some country gravy over it. (The gravy is just a packet of gravy but man its gooooood....)

nice warm b'fast after a chilly morning hunt is the best...oh did I mention a shot of Irish Whiskey to get the initial frost off?

#11 lilwes278

lilwes278

SATISFACTORY!!!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,652 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, shooting, fishing, four wheeling, riding ATV's, camping, and the various ECV activities...

Posted 04 October 2007 - 07:08 PM

...oh did I mention a shot of Irish Whiskey to get the initial frost off?

...and did I mention that a shot of Jack Daniels in your hot chocolate is actually pretty good? Don't ask me how I know... :roflmao3[1]:
Oregon Hunter's Association memberE. Clampus Vitus Estanislao Chapter 58, Humbug Chapter 73, and Umpqua Joe Outpost 1859 memberIf you can't fix it with a hammer, then you've got an electrical problem.

#12 les

les

Squirrel Shooter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 69 posts

Posted 05 October 2007 - 06:41 AM

...and did I mention that a shot of Jack Daniels in your hot chocolate is actually pretty good? Don't ask me how I know... :roflmao3[1]:

Coffee Brandy

#13 LA Conservative

LA Conservative

Plinker

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts
  • Interests:I'm interested in improving my hunting skills. I've almost always only hunted alone, so my skill is low and I need help.

Posted 11 September 2009 - 07:20 PM

Since we are getting ready to leave for our annual Colorado Deer/elk I thought maybe we could share recipes...For a quick lunch I like to take strips of elk or deer and throw it in a pan with a little oil, season with garlic salt, pepper, salt, season salt, whatever... Then I take hoagie bread, spread some butter on it, sprinkle garlic salt on it, put it face down in another pan and toast it... Spread the meat over it and theres lunch. No need for mayo or anything ;) Its also a good fast dinner if your tired ;)

Californians don't know hoagies. Don't you guys call them "subs" out here? Hoagie is a Philly thing.

#14 wanapasaki

wanapasaki

Varmint Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 167 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, and Fishing.. Thats about it LOL

Posted 11 September 2009 - 10:16 PM

Good luck in Colorado! I was raised there and honestly Colorado is one of the most hunter friendly states. Especially central colorado. If ya need any good hints on spots don't be afraid to ask. Turkey, Elk, and Deer. One area in mind, but it's MILES of BLM and its gorgeous with all terrain types. 2 deer every year, and 90% of the time opening week lol. Anyways good luck!

#15 wanapasaki

wanapasaki

Varmint Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 167 posts

Posted 11 September 2009 - 10:18 PM

Deer liver and onions.... with sauteed mushrooms... ;)

#16 CoyoteHuntress

CoyoteHuntress

Royal Oaks Taxidermy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,920 posts

Posted 11 September 2009 - 10:50 PM

Good luck in Colorado! I was raised there and honestly Colorado is one of the most hunter friendly states. Especially central colorado. If ya need any good hints on spots don't be afraid to ask. Turkey, Elk, and Deer. One area in mind, but it's MILES of BLM and its gorgeous with all terrain types. 2 deer every year, and 90% of the time opening week lol. Anyways good luck!

LOL this post was drug up from 2 years ago.. BUT Colorado is coming again soon.. WEve been hunting there for our whole marriage and hubby has been going back there isnce he was old enough to hunt ;) This year I finally drew my trophy tag ;) Cant wait to go

#17 Shoot-it

Shoot-it

Big Kahuna

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,230 posts

Posted 14 September 2009 - 07:54 PM

Oh come on Ch that's not camping I saw that big trailer you pull that is just a home away from home.Camp chow is when you wake up from a night freezing your butt off in a tent and you cook a can of beans over a fire to warm up LOL.good luck on your trip you going to use the 25-06 on elk?

#18 Fishwrestler

Fishwrestler

Predator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 436 posts
  • Interests:I am an Avid fisherman who would like to spend more time Varmint and Predator hunting. Trying to fit in all the hobbies with two young kids is a challenge.

Posted 14 September 2009 - 08:17 PM

Bacon ExplosionOk I have not tried this. But it sure sounds like it would make a great camp/hunting breakfast. I think i will try to cook this Saturday. Robert http://www.bbqaddict...acon-explosion/Posted Image
Rocklin,Ca

#19 sum-rifle

sum-rifle

Predator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 412 posts

Posted 14 September 2009 - 08:19 PM

We just went shopping yesterday for our Wyoming Deer hunt.Looks like oatmeal for breakfast with peaches added.Cold cereal some daysPeanut butter and jelly sandwiches for lunch along with trail mix, jerky granola bars and those little things you pour in a bottle of water to flavor it.Dinner will be quick and easy and prepared ahead of time. No time to cook and wash dishes after a long day of hunting. We will need to sleep!We will make things ahead and freeze them in gallon freezer zip loc bags. Stuff like Spaghetti, Stew, BBQ Chicken Breasts and Ribeye Steaks. Cook em freeze em in bags then just heat it up in boiling water. No dishes to wash because we will use paper plates.Good luck to everyone on their hunts!
Hunt with your kids not for them.

#20 CoyoteHuntress

CoyoteHuntress

Royal Oaks Taxidermy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,920 posts

Posted 14 September 2009 - 10:00 PM

Oh come on Ch that's not camping I saw that big trailer you pull that is just a home away from home.Camp chow is when you wake up from a night freezing your butt off in a tent and you cook a can of beans over a fire to warm up LOL.good luck on your trip you going to use the 25-06 on elk?

ROFLMAO Hubby tells people - we dont "camp" anymore.. WE HUNT :smiley-innocent-halo-yellow: Ya the trailer can sure be comfortable.. But trust me we did our time in the outfitters tent and while it was sure nice back then... I wouldnt want to give up my toy hauler. Though we did use the jumping jack in Wyoming.. Talk about WINDY... And Man get yourself some grub... BEANS?? NOT LOL.... if you must do a can get some Dinty Moore soup... YUMMY :) When you leaving Sum-rifle? Hubby leaves for Utah in 7 days... Hes doing the "run around like his head is on fire thing" trying to get everything ready. Just him and his buddy are going.. Trying to fill a buck tag from the Mule Deer Foundation dinner. WIth all the lists hes made youd think he was gonna be gone a month or something.. Al I say is he BETTER get a dang deer and not screw up the cape... Since Im stuck at home :( As for using the 25.06 on the elk.. Yes unless I find me a new rifle before then.. Im leaning towards a 270 but we shall see..

#21 Guest_dan223_*

Guest_dan223_*
  • Guests

Posted 14 September 2009 - 10:18 PM

Bacon ExplosionOk I have not tried this. But it sure sounds like it would make a great camp/hunting breakfast. I think i will try to cook this Saturday. Robert http://www.bbqaddict...acon-explosion/Posted Image

WOW, this should be called "A Heart Attack with a side of Cardiac Arrest" !!!! But I cannot wait to try it.

#22 CoyoteHuntress

CoyoteHuntress

Royal Oaks Taxidermy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,920 posts

Posted 14 September 2009 - 10:23 PM

OMG that does look so dang yummy!! I went to the linka nd read it all, the guy has a sense of humor, BUt MAN that does look scrumpious...

#23 mac

mac

Big Kahuna

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,503 posts

Posted 15 September 2009 - 10:16 AM

geez, what is that thing?!? Candian Bacon, pork salt bacon, ham, cheeeezeeee...wow. yea that would surely freeze up an artery, but it would tast soo good going down!!! HAHA

#24 wanapasaki

wanapasaki

Varmint Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 167 posts

Posted 15 September 2009 - 02:13 PM

HOLY SMOKES! That looks goooooodddddddddddddddddddddd

#25 Thumper Dunker

Thumper Dunker

STICK BENDER

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,735 posts
  • Interests:Hunting ,Fishing , Wife ,Son ,Cat,Dog , My koi , Trad Bows.

Posted 17 September 2009 - 11:52 PM

Cooked spam for breakfast cold spam sandwitch lunch and hot spam sandwitch for dinner. mmmmmm . Can of peaches with each meal also.
You can hop but you can't hide. Yahi Bowmen. Its not how far you can shoot but how close to the game you get when you shoot. Sights we don't need any sights. Why waist time reloading when I can be making arrows.

#26 CoyoteHuntress

CoyoteHuntress

Royal Oaks Taxidermy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,920 posts

Posted 18 September 2009 - 06:02 AM

Wow DOnt splurge or nothing LOL SOrry But IM not eating THAT for 2 weeks.. come to think of it IM not eating SPAM period LOL,,, I want real food.,

#27 Thumper Dunker

Thumper Dunker

STICK BENDER

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,735 posts
  • Interests:Hunting ,Fishing , Wife ,Son ,Cat,Dog , My koi , Trad Bows.

Posted 18 September 2009 - 09:09 PM

The next day its peanut butter sandwitches. And caned pears. :roflmao3[1]:
You can hop but you can't hide. Yahi Bowmen. Its not how far you can shoot but how close to the game you get when you shoot. Sights we don't need any sights. Why waist time reloading when I can be making arrows.

#28 CoyoteHuntress

CoyoteHuntress

Royal Oaks Taxidermy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,920 posts

Posted 18 September 2009 - 10:04 PM

Geez talk about roughing it.. LOL

#29 peeker seeker

peeker seeker

25-06 shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,898 posts
  • Interests:Grand kids, My dogs, My girls the rabbits and hens Hunting & fishing

Posted 03 October 2009 - 09:30 PM

The next day its peanut butter sandwitches. And caned pears. :roflmao3[1]:

He realy eats alot of spam up hunting. YUCK. I like good food up there, bacon And eggs and orange juice after morning hunt. Nice meat sandwich. """not spam""" for lunch . 3 corse meal. for dinner, fruit for desert. Marshmellows over the fire. yumyum
Reach out to are fury friends . Use a 25-06 If runs swims or flies ,IT CAN BE DEEP FRIED OR MADE INTO A PIE mmm mmmm ANIMALS IT'S WHATS FOR DINNER. Beeman air...25-06, 223, 7mm- 08 ,7mm Rem mag .Beaman 8 cats 0. Keeper of 2 Border Collie Heelers

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users