• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 ShooterJohn

ShooterJohn

Admin

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,592 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, shooting sports and fishing.

Posted 26 September 2007 - 06:12 PM

FOXPRO NEWS RELEASE9/25/07

FOXPRO is pleased to introduce the smallest and lightest weight caller in its class. The NEW Scorpion from FOXPRO is packed with more features than any other unit of its kind, and is equipped with the popular TX200 remote control. This gives you more control at your fingertips than any other remote control in the industry—period. The TX200 gives you 4 custom presets at the push of a button, which not only instantly plays the sound of your choice, but also at your pre-determined volume level (think about this—coyote ki-yi at high volume with one button press, or a rodent at low volume with another button press)—the only remote to offer this feature. Other popular features include a battery indicator, timer, volume indicator, recall button, full graphic LCD display (no more need for sound lists!), and many other features! PLUS, the NEW Scorpion from FOXPRO also allows you to turn on and off your caller from the remote control. This allows you to set your caller out weeks in advance, and be able to turn it on when you return for maximum scent control. Also included with the NEW Scorpion is 100 sounds from the FOXPRO Library—the Highest Quality Sound Library in the Industry—and the ability to hold up to 200 sounds, which are very easily added or changed with the built-in USB port (no reader/writer necessary). Enjoy crisp and clear loud volume thanks to the built-in high efficient Mylar Cone Speaker and powerful amplifiers. Other features of the Scorpion include a battery management system, mono or stereo selectable, dual external speaker jacks, and much more!We are now accepting orders for the Scorpion.Price: $499.95As an introductory offer only, we will also include our popular auto fast charger, NiMH batteries, and the wall adapter for use with the fast charger at no extra charge. This is a value of over $84.00!Camo options (standard color is black): Realtree Max-1, Mossy Oak Break-Up, Mossy Oak Brush, and Prairie Ghost Snow.Add $20.00.Expected shipping date: October 22Attached File  FoxPro1.jpg   28.48KB   71 downloadsThe above photo shows everything included in the package deal, except the USB cable, which is also provided at no charge.Attached File  FoxPro2.jpg   45.33KB   66 downloadsMore photos of the Scorpion in different camo patterns.Attached File  FoxPro3.jpg   24.75KB   67 downloadsThe above photo shows the 2 external speaker jacks and the AUX / Decoy Jack. They will be labeled accordingly.Attached File  FoxPro4.jpg   14.93KB   64 downloadsThe above photo shows the size of the memory used in the Scorpion. We have used a compact flash card and a quarter for size referencing. It is a Micro SD card, also known as trans flash. These cards can be changed by the user, or the supplied card can be reprogrammed with the included USB port.Attached File  FoxPro5.jpg   23.16KB   67 downloadsThe above photo shows the charge jack and the LED.Wehave also added to the Scorpion the ability to control both of the external speakers with the TX200 transmitter. This means that you can turn on or off any one of the external speakers from the remote control. Also, you can elect to have the internal speaker disabled.The Scorpion will also play in stereo if desired. This is useful for the combination sounds, such as the coyote and rabbit. As long as the sound is downloaded into the Scorpion in a stereo format, you could have Speaker A playing the coyote sound and Speaker B playing the rabbit sound. Then, you could remotely turn of Speaker A, so that only the rabbit sound is playing. After a while, turn Speaker A back on, and then turn off Speaker B. All of this is done from the TX200 transmitter.Here's a little more info on this NEW caller with a few more pictures.Attached File  FoxPro6.jpg   25.28KB   57 downloadsAttached File  FoxPro7.jpg   43.54KB   56 downloadsAttached File  FoxPro8.jpg   33.78KB   69 downloads• Smallest and lightest wildlife caller in its class. Small enough to fit in your pants pocket! Weighs in at 1.55 pounds, including batteries.• Ultra-smooth case with no protruding knobs, switches, or speaker grills. Standard finish is flat black. Camo patterns are optional.• Comes complete with the most desirable TX-200 transmitter with full graphic display. No need to deal with paper lists as sound names are stored in the transmitter.• The caller "on" and "off" functions are controlled from the transmitter (finally), or by an internal pushbutton switch.• Operates on 8 "AA" NiMH rechargeable batteries (or optionally 10), or in a pinch, from alkaline batteries. The transmitter uses the common 9-volt battery.• Pilot / Low Battery LED shows that the unit is on, and when the batteries need recharged or replaced.• Factory programmed with an incredible variety of 100 sounds! Allows you to call many species of predators, game animals, and birds. Holds up to 200 sounds.• Easy to reprogram or change sounds using the USB connection and your home computer with no need to remove the memory card. Plays mp3, wav, and FOXPRO FXP sound files.• Charge jack and internal battery management system insures maximum run-times while protecting the batteries from detrimental effects of over-charge and over-discharge, thereby assuring maximum battery life.• Extremely loud volume due to the high efficiency built-in top quality Mylar cone speaker and powerful amplifier.• External speaker jack permits you to connect a larger speaker for even more loudness. The internal speaker can be turned off if desired.• Decoy / AUX jack allows for connection to a decoy, camera shutter, or other approved devices.• Sound quality so good that you can download and enjoy your favorite mp3 music files. We've even provided a special "Jukebox" mode for this purpose!• User upgradeable internal memory card. 1GB standard.

#2 Bozsik

Bozsik

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,518 posts
  • Interests:Having fun with my Wife and Kids, Hunting, Camping, Wildlife Photography, Woodworking, and Illustration.

Posted 26 September 2007 - 06:24 PM

Thanks John,Are you on top of things or what? B) Now let me see. Do I want to spend 500 smackers on a caller, or on calling trips and ammo? I have to laugh at those who just bought their FX3's and 5's. Now they have to chase the latest version with their wallets and credit cards. :lol: Go get'm boys!!!db

#3 Cranky Farmer

Cranky Farmer

smallblockfuelie

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,436 posts

Posted 26 September 2007 - 06:40 PM

Looks cool, but I won't be running out to get one any time soon.

#4 ShooterJohn

ShooterJohn

Admin

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,592 posts

Posted 26 September 2007 - 06:47 PM

I added some additional pictures to the above post to show it's compact size. I do like some of the features of it as well as the size. Plus you can completely shut it off with the remote and the batteries will last longer because it isn't powering two speakers.

#5 Cranky Farmer

Cranky Farmer

smallblockfuelie

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,436 posts

Posted 26 September 2007 - 06:51 PM

That is a little sucker!

#6 Stan

Stan

Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 846 posts

Posted 26 September 2007 - 07:28 PM

Thanks SJ :P ;) Will have to check one out :good:

#7 Bozsik

Bozsik

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,518 posts
  • Interests:Having fun with my Wife and Kids, Hunting, Camping, Wildlife Photography, Woodworking, and Illustration.

Posted 26 September 2007 - 08:01 PM

I added some additional pictures to the above post to show it's compact size. I do like some of the features of it as well as the size. Plus you can completely shut it off with the remote and the batteries will last longer because it isn't powering two speakers.

That's not your pants pocket, is it? :good: You are correct. I bet the batteries will last way longer now that you can turn the sucker off. How is that going to effect the price of the older models?db

#8 ShooterJohn

ShooterJohn

Admin

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,592 posts

Posted 27 September 2007 - 08:39 AM

Mark I know you can turn off the speakers in the FX series. But this one can be completely shut down by the remote or so it says. The problem I have with that statement is if it's completely shut down how can it be turned back on with the remote. Advertising it's all about the advertising. :good:

#9 Jason

Jason

Big Kahuna

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,183 posts
  • Interests:Shooting, camping, scuba diving, American Revolution living history, fishing, ham radio.

Posted 27 September 2007 - 09:01 AM

Very nice. If I didn't already have the FX3 I'd get one of those. Looks sweet!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users