• Please log in to reply
45 replies to this topic

#31 clampdaddy

clampdaddy

Chief Feathercloud

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,062 posts
  • Interests:Shooting, Hunting, Reloading, Antique Tractors, Clampin', and Relaxing

Posted 30 October 2007 - 07:39 PM

NICE!!! I really like the "price of wales" stock! Which grade is it?

#32 ShooterJohn

ShooterJohn

Admin

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,681 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, shooting sports and fishing.

Posted 31 October 2007 - 09:29 AM

It's just a Standard it has the S on the action. But even the retriever on the side plate is really nice. I tried a couple of closeups but the flash blew it out. If the sun makes an appearance today I'll try a shot or two outside.

#33 clampdaddy

clampdaddy

Chief Feathercloud

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,062 posts
  • Interests:Shooting, Hunting, Reloading, Antique Tractors, Clampin', and Relaxing

Posted 31 October 2007 - 05:05 PM

Pics of guns never come out good for me with a flash. It always makes the blueing look brown. That's why my pics at the begining of the thread are a bit dark. I tried to use a flash first but it made my gun look really bad so I took the pics without it.

#34 ShooterJohn

ShooterJohn

Admin

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,681 posts

Posted 31 October 2007 - 06:22 PM

Yeah, I knew better but tried it anyway. Spent the afternoon at the hospital today so pics tomorrow.

#35 Shoot-it

Shoot-it

Big Kahuna

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,357 posts

Posted 04 November 2007 - 10:27 PM

Hay Matt that guns shoots great in your hands. He shot a 20 on skeet with it on his second try ever. Beginners luck maybe, it took me weeks before I shot a 20. He did good on trap to but you missed that squirrel it seemed you shot all around it LOL. Was a good day.

#36 clampdaddy

clampdaddy

Chief Feathercloud

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,062 posts

Posted 05 November 2007 - 05:22 PM

Hay Matt that guns shoots great in your hands. He shot a 20 on skeet with it on his second try ever. Beginners luck maybe, it took me weeks before I shot a 20. He did good on trap to but you missed that squirrel it seemed you shot all around it LOL. Was a good day.

I had a great time! That old Ithaca double gun is probably the best pointing gun I've ever shot and I'm sure that's alot of why I did OK for my first time shooting skeet, but next time I'm takeing my turkey choked crow gun for shooting trap though. Those things can get out of range in a hurry! I had been thinking about getting a new camoed out pump shotgun for crow and duck hunting but now I'm thinking of gettind a shiney, pretty, autoloader for busting clays. Hey Johnny, I'm pretty sure that my auto was jamming because of that cheap ammo. I cleaned it and shot a box of those low recoil winchester shells thru it today and it made a nice pile of empties. The cheap bulk packed stuff would toss some of them really far and some of them would barely fall out of the side of the gun.

#37 PredatorMaster

PredatorMaster

Big Kahuna

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,258 posts

Posted 05 November 2007 - 06:56 PM

Very Nice.

#38 ShooterJohn

ShooterJohn

Admin

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,681 posts

Posted 05 November 2007 - 07:05 PM

Glad to hear that old double shoots so well for you Matt. I hear Johnny's not a bad shot at trap. Both trap and skeet are a kick when you're out to have some fun. To bad you guys didn't score on the quail.

#39 ShooterJohn

ShooterJohn

Admin

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,681 posts

Posted 05 November 2007 - 07:06 PM

Glad to hear that old double shoots so well for you Matt. I hear Johnny's not a bad shot at trap. Both trap and skeet are a kick when you're out to have some fun. To bad you guys didn't score on the quail, those clay birds don't taste very good. :signs165xk:

#40 clampdaddy

clampdaddy

Chief Feathercloud

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,062 posts

Posted 06 November 2007 - 04:39 PM

Boy, I went and did it this time. I was at the gun shop today and saw a catalog with a pic of the browning silver hunter...............I ordered one. :) It was so purty I just couldn't help myself. This ones gonna be on the looong term lay-away plan. :ohttp://i.timeinc.net...g_silver_lg.jpg

#41 Quade

Quade

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,026 posts
  • Interests:Im an art major at Folsom Lake College. So I spend a lot of my time drawing. And if I have time, I shoot then sleep. ( In that order)<br />I picked up a tattoo machine almost 2 years ago..<br />Its scary as hell, but its fun at the same time..

Posted 06 November 2007 - 04:44 PM

Been there...done that.... Have some great gun to show for it.... :)

#42 Shoot-it

Shoot-it

Big Kahuna

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,357 posts

Posted 06 November 2007 - 05:51 PM

You just had to do it go and buy a shinny gun to impress the big shots LOL I new it wouldn't take you long to buy a auto.Thats a nice gun and it's a gas gun to.. I need a new berreta to one of those shinny ones to match yours :)

#43 ShooterJohn

ShooterJohn

Admin

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,681 posts

Posted 06 November 2007 - 05:59 PM

That's a prudy gun Matt. I'm sure you'll put it to good use shooting those dirt birds (clays). :)

#44 Cranky Farmer

Cranky Farmer

smallblockfuelie

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,436 posts

Posted 06 November 2007 - 08:20 PM

That is a great looking shotgun!

#45 ShooterJohn

ShooterJohn

Admin

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,681 posts

Posted 07 November 2007 - 09:04 AM

Apparently it shoots pretty good too. :o

#46 clampdaddy

clampdaddy

Chief Feathercloud

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,062 posts

Posted 07 November 2007 - 04:02 PM

I need a new berreta to one of those shinny ones to match yours ;)

I know how much you like your Berreta so I looked into getting one but they're over a grand to get one, and I really liked the silver so I went with it. Plus, it's made in Portugual........How could I resist?.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users