• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#1 ShooterJohn

ShooterJohn

Admin

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,385 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, shooting sports and fishing.

Posted 19 September 2007 - 03:12 PM

Does anyone here own a Kubota tractor? I'm looking at a couple of models with 4wheel drive with a front-end loader and backhoe. Just wonder how good their service network is and if you know of any major problems with them? Thanks

Time waits for no one--
treasure every moment you have.

#2 big jon

big jon

Varmint Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 184 posts

Posted 19 September 2007 - 03:51 PM

Shoot Mrkubota a PM he has one....

#3 ShooterJohn

ShooterJohn

Admin

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,385 posts

Posted 19 September 2007 - 03:53 PM

That makes sense I didn't think of that. Thanks...

Time waits for no one--

#4 lilwes278

lilwes278

SATISFACTORY!!!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,652 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, shooting, fishing, four wheeling, riding ATV's, camping, and the various ECV activities...

Posted 19 September 2007 - 04:07 PM

A friend of the family is in charge of the repair shop for the Kubota/New Holland dealership in Turlock. My dad worked for him briefly and I use to go four wheeling with his son. He seemed to like the kubotas. I can give you his name & the info for the dealer if you'd like to ask him some questions or for his recommendation before you make a purchase. Pretty good guy to talk to and he knows his stuff about tractors.
Oregon Hunter's Association memberE. Clampus Vitus Estanislao Chapter 58, Humbug Chapter 73, and Umpqua Joe Outpost 1859 memberIf you can't fix it with a hammer, then you've got an electrical problem.

#5 Cranky Farmer

Cranky Farmer

smallblockfuelie

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,436 posts

Posted 20 September 2007 - 07:29 AM

I will ask my dad ... he doesn't deal with Kubota's specifically as a John Deere employee, but he's opened minded and a straight shooter. Oh, he said if you get him the serial # from that tractor we were admiring he can get more info about it to pass along to its new owner.

#6 clampdaddy

clampdaddy

Chief Feathercloud

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,059 posts
  • Interests:Shooting, Hunting, Reloading, Antique Tractors, Clampin', and Relaxing

Posted 20 September 2007 - 08:19 AM

The only problem with a kubota is that they aren't a John Deere! :censored[1]: Sorry John I couldn't resist. Seriousley though, the dairy across the street from my grandmas dairy has one and it's been used continuousley scince I was a little kid with complete satisfaction. It stayed with the ranch when the original owner sold it.
My guns are mine, they aren't for sale, and I only give guns to people that I really like. So I guess the government is **** out of luck.

#7 ShooterJohn

ShooterJohn

Admin

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,385 posts

Posted 20 September 2007 - 08:56 AM

Thanks guys I appreciate the info. Wes I'll shoot you a PM and thanks.

Time waits for no one--

#8 lilwes278

lilwes278

SATISFACTORY!!!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,652 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, shooting, fishing, four wheeling, riding ATV's, camping, and the various ECV activities...

Posted 21 September 2007 - 05:10 AM

John- I returned your PM and I'll see what I can find out.
Oregon Hunter's Association memberE. Clampus Vitus Estanislao Chapter 58, Humbug Chapter 73, and Umpqua Joe Outpost 1859 memberIf you can't fix it with a hammer, then you've got an electrical problem.

#9 ShooterJohn

ShooterJohn

Admin

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,385 posts

Posted 21 September 2007 - 07:58 AM

Thanks Wes :653:

Time waits for no one--

#10 A17Shooter

A17Shooter

Big Kahuna

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,788 posts
  • Interests:Varmint Hunting, Rifles, Hunting Pistols, Long Range, Computers, Cameras

Posted 21 September 2007 - 08:27 AM

I have read that there are gray-market kubotas being imported that you can't get parts for in the US. They are manufactured for use in Asia and not supported in the USA. They can be identified by the information plates on the tractor being in Japanese. Just what I read. Hopefully that wouldn't be a problem at the Kubota dealers.Let the buyer beware.

Guns only have three enemies, Politicians, Ignorant Liberals and Rust.

"A pen in the hand of this president is far more dangerous than a gun in the hands of 200 million law-abiding citizens."

#11 ShooterJohn

ShooterJohn

Admin

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,385 posts

Posted 21 September 2007 - 10:45 AM

Thanks Gary! I had read about the gray but they didn't specify about the information plate being in Japanese. That's why unless I can find a deal on a nice used one I'm going with a dealer. Since Kabota's seem to stay with their owners a long time I'll most likely get a new one.

Time waits for no one--

#12 lilwes278

lilwes278

SATISFACTORY!!!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,652 posts

Posted 21 September 2007 - 05:40 PM

Ok John, I emailed him this morning. Probably hear back sometime this weekend unless he's deer hunting. They might have a good used Kubota in stock down there too. I'll ask him if there's a certain salesman that would be good to talk to if you want to check out what they have. I know every year during the grape season, Gallo winery rents dozens of the little Kubota tractors for the harvest. Those little orange machines just keep running and running...

#13 ShooterJohn

ShooterJohn

Admin

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,385 posts

Posted 21 September 2007 - 05:43 PM

Thanks again Wes. I'm sure of the product just not sure of which model to get. :rolleyes:

Time waits for no one--

#14 ehd

ehd

Big Kahuna

• Gold Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,833 posts
  • Interests:Predator hunting ,and hog hunting with my dogs.

Posted 22 September 2007 - 09:47 AM

John ,Kubotas are good . the only weak spot i have seen are the hydraulic valves dont re-build very well. Can be an issue on older machines. Also see what tier level they are on for smog. Most of my machines are going to chopped up for scrap with the new CARB rules that are going into effect.

#15 lilwes278

lilwes278

SATISFACTORY!!!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,652 posts

Posted 22 September 2007 - 10:05 AM

Most of my machines are going to chopped up for scrap with the new CARB rules that are going into effect.

Why not sell them out of state? I could use a good little tractor for scrap prices... :rolleyes:

#16 Shoot-it

Shoot-it

Big Kahuna

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,243 posts

Posted 22 September 2007 - 10:42 AM

They should be diesel. hay shooter when you get it I will break it in for you i have some corrals to scrap.I will give it back smelling very nice. :rolleyes:

#17 ShooterJohn

ShooterJohn

Admin

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,385 posts

Posted 22 September 2007 - 11:06 AM

What a pal you are Johnny! :rolleyes:

Time waits for no one--

#18 www

Plinker

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts
  • Interests:Predator Hunting
    Fishing
    Mules

Posted 26 September 2007 - 07:34 AM

I bought an L2800 with front end loader 3 years ago. Plenty of power and sized right for small parcels.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users