2 replies to this topic

#1 Jeff

Jeff

SacramentoSkullWorks

• Gold Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,797 posts

Posted 14 September 2007 - 09:39 AM

I need a sling on my 870 for duck season - I'm sick of having to hold my gun and all the rest of the gear. A free hand would be nice.Anyway, I have the synthetic 870 and forgive me if this is a stupid question, but what exactly do I buy for a rear stud? Nothing is sold specifically for synthetic stocks (that I've seen) and it's throwing me for a loop. And do I need to do anything to make sure it's watertight? Do I buy the stud for a wood stock? Could the synthetic crack when installing?All of my other guns came with studs preinstalled...Thanks for any help...sheesh, do I feel like a noob.
Sacramento Skull Works ...on Facebook!
Using Dermestid beetles to produce museum quality skulls for your trophy collection.
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

#2 ShooterJohn

ShooterJohn

Admin

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,314 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, shooting sports and fishing.

Posted 14 September 2007 - 10:07 AM

I've just installed the screw studs that work in wood. If you want to seal it with something you could but my wood stocks have never cracked after installation and my plastic stocks were even easier to install into.

Time waits for no one--
treasure every moment you have.

#3 Jeff

Jeff

SacramentoSkullWorks

• Gold Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,797 posts

Posted 14 September 2007 - 10:26 AM

I've just installed the screw studs that work in wood. If you want to seal it with something you could but my wood stocks have never cracked after installation and my plastic stocks were even easier to install into.

That's what I figured, but I've been hesitant. I guess I needed reassurance. Thankss John.
Sacramento Skull Works ...on Facebook!
Using Dermestid beetles to produce museum quality skulls for your trophy collection.
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users