20 replies to this topic

#1 Arise

Arise

Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 607 posts

Posted 13 September 2007 - 10:13 AM

http://www.pickuptru...dra/jperez.htmlIt's about time!

#2 Cranky Farmer

Cranky Farmer

smallblockfuelie

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,436 posts

Posted 13 September 2007 - 01:06 PM

Prices starting in the low 20k's ...Aren't all diesels direct injected? The six speed trany would be nice.

#3 FIRST TIMER

FIRST TIMER

Squirrel Shooter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 97 posts
  • Interests:I LOVE TO HUNT. IT'S BEEN AWHILE SINCE I HAVE POSTED ON THE CLUB WEBSITE. I NEED TO GET BACK OUT IN THE FEILD AND PUT SOME ROUNDS DOWN RANGE. HUNTERS RULE AND GOD BLESS AMERICA!!!

Posted 13 September 2007 - 02:05 PM

I don't know what kind of trucks you drive, but that is not what I call a truck.

#4 CoyoteHuntress

CoyoteHuntress

Royal Oaks Taxidermy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,920 posts
  • Interests:Im a full time taxidermist and I LOVE Hunting- coyotes, bobcat, bear, boar, elk, deer etc..

Posted 13 September 2007 - 02:59 PM

That thing is goofey looking.. Ill stick to my Ford

#5 Quade

Quade

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,026 posts
  • Interests:Im an art major at Folsom Lake College. So I spend a lot of my time drawing. And if I have time, I shoot then sleep. ( In that order)<br />I picked up a tattoo machine almost 2 years ago..<br />Its scary as hell, but its fun at the same time..

Posted 13 September 2007 - 03:20 PM

I just threw up in my mouth a little.

#6 Spirit of 76

Spirit of 76

Varmint Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 156 posts
  • Interests:Coyote and Bobcat hunting. Also interested in Upland Gamebird &amp; Deer Hunting.

Posted 14 September 2007 - 01:12 AM

I had to stop looking at the picture! It was making me sick to look at it. Maybe it wouldn't be so bad being on the inside of it looking out.

#7 CoyoteHuntress

CoyoteHuntress

Royal Oaks Taxidermy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,920 posts
  • Interests:Im a full time taxidermist and I LOVE Hunting- coyotes, bobcat, bear, boar, elk, deer etc..

Posted 14 September 2007 - 07:06 AM

But then people would be looking at YOU sitting in that thing.... EEEEEEEEEWWWWWWWWW NOT even You know what it is dont you???? A CITY persons idea of a TRUCK.. EWWW>..

#8 ShooterJohn

ShooterJohn

Admin

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,588 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, shooting sports and fishing.

Posted 14 September 2007 - 08:54 AM

These aren't very pretty either but if I wanted a truck that has driven and made it completely around the world I buy a Unimog.Attached File  gallery_8_380x200.jpg   133.58KB   103 downloadsUnimog built by Mercedes-Benz, is the ultimate do anything truck and can be configured to handle any job. But they cost a lot more that the Mahindra. I had two friend from college that bought used Unimogs 35 years ago and one friend still owns them both.

#9 Quade

Quade

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,026 posts
  • Interests:Im an art major at Folsom Lake College. So I spend a lot of my time drawing. And if I have time, I shoot then sleep. ( In that order)<br />I picked up a tattoo machine almost 2 years ago..<br />Its scary as hell, but its fun at the same time..

Posted 14 September 2007 - 08:57 AM

That thing looks ruthless....

#10 ShooterJohn

ShooterJohn

Admin

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,588 posts

Posted 14 September 2007 - 09:03 AM

They are awesome trucks. The ones my buddy has don't go fast but when it come to crawling low gear is .049 mph. Plus they have PTO's (power take off's) on all four sides. They have excellent visibility and the new ones can be driven from either side of the cab. The steering wheel, pedals and seat move across the whole interior.

#11 Quade

Quade

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,026 posts

Posted 14 September 2007 - 09:13 AM

That would be fun to go pick up milk in, at the store...

#12 Cranky Farmer

Cranky Farmer

smallblockfuelie

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,436 posts

Posted 14 September 2007 - 09:17 AM

Those things are AWESOME.

#13 mac

mac

Big Kahuna

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,503 posts

Posted 14 September 2007 - 11:13 AM

The bed on that Mahindra looks like it came from a Mazda truck - B-2000 (same diff)

#14 jephs422

jephs422

Predator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 250 posts

Posted 14 September 2007 - 12:38 PM

Last time I was actually able to make it out wheeling up North, one of the guys I ran with had a Unimog. It was a wheelin machine. It didn't crawl "up" a whole lot of things, but it sure did go "across" anything in it's path.

#15 mac

mac

Big Kahuna

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,503 posts

Posted 18 September 2007 - 10:30 AM

I'll 1-up you John...take a look at this Unimog on eBay...http://cgi.ebay.com/...sspagenameZWDVW

#16 ShooterJohn

ShooterJohn

Admin

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,588 posts

Posted 18 September 2007 - 10:42 AM

That's a nice one and reasonably priced considering what it has on it. I couldn't see if it was the 24 speed transmission or not but that's not a big deal. :roflmao3[1]:

#17 Shoot-it

Shoot-it

Big Kahuna

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,326 posts

Posted 18 September 2007 - 05:48 PM

I just threw up in my mouth a little.

:signs1180lq: I know what you mean quade that things so ugly I would rather drive huntress's ford over it. :P

#18 OrneryOlMofo357

OrneryOlMofo357

Tikka Shooter, and a bad shot at that.

• Gold Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,067 posts

Posted 21 September 2007 - 05:02 PM

Maybe Im a little out of place by saying this, But unless things changed in the Middle East.. I would not part with any money for an " Indian Based " Machine... just my thoughts.. :653:

#19 Adam357

Adam357

Plinker

• Members
  • Pip
  • 32 posts

Posted 28 October 2007 - 08:32 PM

All of a sudden I think I need to go sit on the pot.

#20 Desert Fox

Desert Fox

Big Kahuna

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,197 posts
  • Interests:Target shooting, Hunting, Reloading, Fishing, Camping

Posted 04 November 2007 - 06:57 AM

These aren't very pretty either but if I wanted a truck that has driven and made it completely around the world I buy a Unimog.Attached File  gallery_8_380x200.jpg   133.58KB   103 downloadsUnimog built by Mercedes-Benz, is the ultimate do anything truck and can be configured to handle any job. But they cost a lot more that the Mahindra. I had two friend from college that bought used Unimogs 35 years ago and one friend still owns them both.

First time I saw a Unimog was when I was a boy growing up in the Philippines. Behind our property was a sugarcane field. During harvest season, 18 wheeler Peterbelt truck haulled sugarcane to sugar central for processing. Truck usually got stucked in the muddy field. The truck company used Unimog to pulled the trucks out of the mud. I remember admiring the power of the odd looking yellow truck with 4 huge tractor tires and the name Unimog and the Mercedes emblem on it. It made an impression on me that it stucked in my mind to this day. I'm with you John, If I can afford it, I'll buy one.

#21 bzzrd feedr

bzzrd feedr

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,640 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, Shooting, Fishing, Snow Skiing and RV'ing.

Posted 04 November 2007 - 11:09 AM

I used to drive a Rice Bankout for my father-in-law during harvest. The thing was 4-wheel drive and 4 wheel steering (that took some getting used too) and would haul 12000#'s of rice at 20 mph. I wish I had a picture of that thing, it was really fun pulling up to the combine and getting loaded on the run. Boyz and their toyz.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users