8 replies to this topic

#1 prkprisoner

prkprisoner

Plinker

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 06 September 2007 - 12:30 PM

I found these while looking for a spotlight, 11 available. Is that a good price?

#2 Cranky Farmer

Cranky Farmer

smallblockfuelie

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,436 posts

Posted 06 September 2007 - 02:49 PM

Not bad, but the shipping is excessive in MHO. You will likely need the rubber bevel to hold it on. What light are you going to put it on?

#3 ShooterJohn

ShooterJohn

Admin

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,661 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, shooting sports and fishing.

Posted 06 September 2007 - 03:16 PM

Heath is right the shipping kills you and you need that rubber grommet that holds the lens on too. Try looking at Wal-Mart they used to have some cheap rechargeable lights that had the red lenses. I think they were like $10. Otherwise for up at this end of the state you need a good 6 volt light.

#4 ShooterJohn

ShooterJohn

Admin

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,661 posts

Posted 06 September 2007 - 03:24 PM

Here's a light I'm thinking of getting that's 6 volts. It's much nicer than the one I have rigged up and you can get red light cover for this unit.http://www.fntpost.c...otlight Package

#5 prkprisoner

prkprisoner

Plinker

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 07 September 2007 - 01:56 AM

I was looking at the magnum max light here: http://www.forestry-...age.asp?mi=6721

#6 Cranky Farmer

Cranky Farmer

smallblockfuelie

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,436 posts

Posted 07 September 2007 - 06:46 AM

That's a 12 volt light. If you're hunting a 12 volt area it is legal to spot light from the vehicle. So then it would be a lot cheaper to pick up a normal corded spot light and run it from the vehicle instead of having to mess with a battery pack.

#7 ShooterJohn

ShooterJohn

Admin

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,661 posts

Posted 07 September 2007 - 08:39 AM

Actually the link prkprisoner provided is the 6volt version of their 12volt light and that would work fine. You may want to look at a second battery so that you could be charging one while using the other. Spotlighting requires you to keep the light on continuously so having an extra battery is very helpful.

#8 Braz

Braz

Formerly know as Alpenliter

• Advertiser
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,814 posts
  • Interests:“Witnessing the Republicans and the Democrats bicker over the U.S. debt is like watching two drunks argue over a bar bill on the Titanic.”

Posted 07 September 2007 - 09:38 AM

I was studying the differences between the one John linked to and the the one prkprisoner linked to. The one John linked to is a bit less expensive ($10) and has a red lens cover already. But the charging is a wall unit. The one prkprisoner linked to is more expensive, doesn't have a red lens cover, but does have 12 charger. The 12 volt charger seems to me to be a very worthwhile item. The battery can be charged up between stands, or you can take a break and charge it up. The other, I suppose could use an inverter, but that would just be another expense. Both look good and I need to pick something up.

#9 ShooterJohn

ShooterJohn

Admin

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,661 posts

Posted 07 September 2007 - 04:18 PM

Braz, you can get a car charger for the one I posted. In fact any 6 volt battery can be charged from a cars 12volt system.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users