8 replies to this topic

#1 prkprisoner

prkprisoner

Plinker

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 06 September 2007 - 12:30 PM

I found these while looking for a spotlight, 11 available. Is that a good price?

#2 Cranky Farmer

Cranky Farmer

smallblockfuelie

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,436 posts

Posted 06 September 2007 - 02:49 PM

Not bad, but the shipping is excessive in MHO. You will likely need the rubber bevel to hold it on. What light are you going to put it on?

#3 ShooterJohn

ShooterJohn

Admin

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,471 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, shooting sports and fishing.

Posted 06 September 2007 - 03:16 PM

Heath is right the shipping kills you and you need that rubber grommet that holds the lens on too. Try looking at Wal-Mart they used to have some cheap rechargeable lights that had the red lenses. I think they were like $10. Otherwise for up at this end of the state you need a good 6 volt light.

Time waits for no one--
treasure every moment you have.

#4 ShooterJohn

ShooterJohn

Admin

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,471 posts

Posted 06 September 2007 - 03:24 PM

Here's a light I'm thinking of getting that's 6 volts. It's much nicer than the one I have rigged up and you can get red light cover for this unit.http://www.fntpost.c...otlight Package

Time waits for no one--

#5 prkprisoner

prkprisoner

Plinker

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 07 September 2007 - 01:56 AM

I was looking at the magnum max light here: http://www.forestry-...age.asp?mi=6721

#6 Cranky Farmer

Cranky Farmer

smallblockfuelie

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,436 posts

Posted 07 September 2007 - 06:46 AM

That's a 12 volt light. If you're hunting a 12 volt area it is legal to spot light from the vehicle. So then it would be a lot cheaper to pick up a normal corded spot light and run it from the vehicle instead of having to mess with a battery pack.

#7 ShooterJohn

ShooterJohn

Admin

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,471 posts

Posted 07 September 2007 - 08:39 AM

Actually the link prkprisoner provided is the 6volt version of their 12volt light and that would work fine. You may want to look at a second battery so that you could be charging one while using the other. Spotlighting requires you to keep the light on continuously so having an extra battery is very helpful.

Time waits for no one--

#8 Braz

Braz

Formerly know as Alpenliter

• Advertiser
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,798 posts
  • Interests:“Witnessing the Republicans and the Democrats bicker over the U.S. debt is like watching two drunks argue over a bar bill on the Titanic.”

Posted 07 September 2007 - 09:38 AM

I was studying the differences between the one John linked to and the the one prkprisoner linked to. The one John linked to is a bit less expensive ($10) and has a red lens cover already. But the charging is a wall unit. The one prkprisoner linked to is more expensive, doesn't have a red lens cover, but does have 12 charger. The 12 volt charger seems to me to be a very worthwhile item. The battery can be charged up between stands, or you can take a break and charge it up. The other, I suppose could use an inverter, but that would just be another expense. Both look good and I need to pick something up.
[url="""]http://www.CallsbyBraz.com'>http://www.CallsbyBraz.com[/url]
Handmade Calls by Braz
"Suppose you were an idiot. And suppose you were a member of Congress.. But I repeat myself."--Mark Twain

#9 ShooterJohn

ShooterJohn

Admin

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,471 posts

Posted 07 September 2007 - 04:18 PM

Braz, you can get a car charger for the one I posted. In fact any 6 volt battery can be charged from a cars 12volt system.

Time waits for no one--

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users