5 replies to this topic

#1 socal shooter

socal shooter

Predator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 413 posts

Posted 04 September 2007 - 08:16 PM

The family and i went up to Crestline for the holiday weekend.. stayed at my dad's friends cabin... got there friday afternoon.. we found out that there was a trout derby on sat.. so my brother and i registered and paid our fees then went scouting on the lake.. All saterday morning till about 1 my brother caught about 8 small catfish and 4 small trout ( all released successfully). then all of a sudden his pole smacked the water.. pulled this bad boy outPosted ImageWent to the weigh in and it came in as 2.63lbs.. still wasn't good enough.. so we went back to the cabin and relaxed till about 5o'clock and went back out.. was a pretty slow evening pulled a couple little ones up then i got lucky and brought in this nice 2.75lbs.Posted Image Sunday was kind of a slow day nothing to big just a lot of little average ones and such... Monday morning i went to the lake with the owner of the cabin around 6am and got the sweet spot on the lake.. things were kind of slow till around 930 and we started bringing them in a couple at a time ever 30-45 mins.. finished with this stringer....Posted ImageAll and all it was a good weekend.. the beauty of the forest, saw a couple Bald Eagle (my favorite animal) soaring over the lake and droping in on fish.. once we brought some glass with us and saw him on a branch arcoss the lake eatting his most recent catch.. i wasn't able to get a good picture of him(sad to say) was an amazing sight to see.. enjoy a couple other pictures.. Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#2 ShooterJohn

ShooterJohn

Admin

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,481 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, shooting sports and fishing.

Posted 04 September 2007 - 08:49 PM

:smiley_kewlpics: :) Looks like a fun weekend. Those are some nice trout. I'm sure they were good eating too. :)

Time waits for no one--
treasure every moment you have.

#3 socal shooter

socal shooter

Predator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 413 posts

Posted 04 September 2007 - 08:52 PM

oh yea.. we ate saturdays catch with some shrimp and a nice cold beer over looking the city lights was a great time..

#4 mac

mac

Big Kahuna

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,503 posts

Posted 05 September 2007 - 12:12 PM

:) great job!
Mac Daddy"Lock, Stock and Two Smokin' Barrels"

#5 PredatorMaster

PredatorMaster

Big Kahuna

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,258 posts

Posted 05 September 2007 - 12:23 PM

Nice Catch. Going out on the Ocean tommarow.

#6 socal shooter

socal shooter

Predator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 413 posts

Posted 05 September 2007 - 05:01 PM

i went out about two months ago.. out of newport somewhere.. my dad, his partner and i were on the starboard side and weren't being put on the fish.. the bow was bringing them in like crazy.. i caught just one small calico bass.. hope you have better luck than we did?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users