• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 CoyoteHuntress

CoyoteHuntress

Royal Oaks Taxidermy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,920 posts
  • Interests:Im a full time taxidermist and I LOVE Hunting- coyotes, bobcat, bear, boar, elk, deer etc..

Posted 26 August 2007 - 08:58 PM

Well Yesterday we went over to Reno to pick up the freedom cab for the ranger... Picked it up and of course had to stop in at the Sportsman Warehouse.. They have the steak seasoning that Rocklin store no longer carries, so picked up several of those, bought father in law a new sleeping bag combo for his Bday. Got a muley hunting video.. Way cool one btw.. Then headed out of their before we went broke LOL.. This morning hubby and a friend put it on the ranger.. If you have any skills at building or following directions save yourself the install fee ( around 750.00) and do it yourself.. Took only 3 hours and they werent exactly pushing themselves. It is way cool :signtripledogdare2wf: The cd/stereo sounds pretty decent, sure doesnt thump much but then again Im used to my truck LOL.. It has a fan that actually helps alot to keep you cool, and its really got a excellent field of view. Now the whole kit is supposed to include a windshield wiper so if your dealer says they are not included go elsewhere. It comes with one.. And we bought the passenger side one too. I figured hubby will want to see in bad weather too so made him get one LOL.. It does NOT come with the additional lights above the windshield but any of your typical fog lights will work. We are picking some up soon. OH and get this it has a plug in for Satelite radio :smiley_kewlpics: How cool is that :flag: The doors are good and solid, can slide back and be held steady for driving around with them open. When the doors are shut you do hear alot of noise from the engine, but not so bad that I would want to send it back.. Im just thrilled with it... I cant WAIT til we get to Colorado and get to try the cab out in the snow.. Last year we had blizzard weather and the cab would have been real nice then.. This holiday weekend we are heading down south for some deer and pig hunting. So we will get to try it out for real. Now we just need to find something to cover the bed so our stuff doesnt get so dusty or wet..Ill post pics tomorrow, my batteries are dead thanks to my daughter and her camera fetish LOL..

#2 FIRST TIMER

FIRST TIMER

Squirrel Shooter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 97 posts
  • Interests:I LOVE TO HUNT. IT'S BEEN AWHILE SINCE I HAVE POSTED ON THE CLUB WEBSITE. I NEED TO GET BACK OUT IN THE FEILD AND PUT SOME ROUNDS DOWN RANGE. HUNTERS RULE AND GOD BLESS AMERICA!!!

Posted 27 August 2007 - 01:51 AM

:signtripledogdare2wf:

#3 ShooterJohn

ShooterJohn

Admin

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,661 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, shooting sports and fishing.

Posted 27 August 2007 - 03:49 PM

Rae I thought you were going to say hubby put it on and it had lots of extra parts with it. :D They look neat and for winter time would sure be nice. Now you need a Tanoue Cover over the back to keep the guns clean.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users