1 reply to this topic

#1 204destroyer

204destroyer

Predator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 248 posts

Posted 26 August 2007 - 02:24 PM

Need some help!!! Are the turrets on the leupold vari X 3's (target scopes) removable. I have turrets made for my load in my gun by leupold that I want to use. Before I buy a scope I want to make sure that the turrets will come off thier target scopes.Thanks :signtripledogdare2wf:

#2 rr762mmfmj

rr762mmfmj

Predator

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 385 posts

Posted 26 August 2007 - 07:48 PM

I am unclear as to what exactly you mean by removing the turrets from your scope. When I purchased my 6.5X20 VXIII, prior to mounting it on my rifle I sent it back to Leupold with specific instructions. They removed the turrets and replaced them with the tactical type exposed turret knobs. They also removed the duplex and installed a 1/4MOA target dot reticle. When they perform this, the scope goes through the same procedure as building a new scope. They also recharge it with Nitrogen and do all the testing and quality assurance there, the scope retains the lifetime warranty.So, I think your best avenue here, is to contact Leupold and explain precisely what you need. They will tell you if it is possible and what your options are. If memory serves me, I think they charged me $65 for each turret and $60 for the reticle, about two weeks turnaround.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users