• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 lilwes278

lilwes278

SATISFACTORY!!!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,652 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, shooting, fishing, four wheeling, riding ATV's, camping, and the various ECV activities...

Posted 17 August 2007 - 09:50 PM

Picked one of these up yesterday for deer & turkey season. Going to set it up tomorrow and get it positioned for opening day of deer bow season next weekend. Hopefully it works good because I'd like to use it for 'yotes, bobcats, geese, & crows too. Anybody else use a ground blind and have any comments/suggestions?

#2 clampdaddy

clampdaddy

Chief Feathercloud

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,062 posts
  • Interests:Shooting, Hunting, Reloading, Antique Tractors, Clampin', and Relaxing

Posted 18 August 2007 - 08:51 AM

Anybody else use a ground blind and have any comments/suggestions?

How bout this one. Those things are for city boys who watch to many hunting shows on tv :rofl2: :signlol2iu:

#3 lilwes278

lilwes278

SATISFACTORY!!!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,652 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, shooting, fishing, four wheeling, riding ATV's, camping, and the various ECV activities...

Posted 18 August 2007 - 09:15 AM

It's ok Matt, you can be honest and tell me that you're jealous that I don't have to drive 3 hours so that I can suck dust all day long in an area that I haven't been able to scout in the preseason because it's so far away and hopefully see a few does before the season ends. :signlol2iu: Don't worry though, I'll tell Adam to share some of his Oregon venison with you! :rofl2:

#4 clampdaddy

clampdaddy

Chief Feathercloud

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,062 posts
  • Interests:Shooting, Hunting, Reloading, Antique Tractors, Clampin', and Relaxing

Posted 18 August 2007 - 09:41 AM

Good luck with that. We have a hard enough time anymore to get him to go clampin' let alone hunting. When season comes around he'll have hay to haul or trees to trim. By the way, how many shots have you fired scince you got to Oregon? :signlol2iu: You don't even want to know how much powder I've burnt.

#5 lilwes278

lilwes278

SATISFACTORY!!!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,652 posts

Posted 18 August 2007 - 12:06 PM

Well, if Adam doesn't show up here for deer season, he's going to be out some serious cash. He's already paid for his nonresident hunting license & deer tag, plus he paid me for that .30-06 I got for him, and he's paying for me to mount a new scope on it & get it sighted in so it's ready to shoot. I really, really, really don't think he's going to back out... As for how much shooting I've done, that's a long-hours-at-work/nothing's-in-season-yet kind of deal. It has NOTHING to do with a lack of animals. Trust me, I'm so ready to kill something it's ridiculous!!! :signs1111cr:

#6 Shoot-it

Shoot-it

Big Kahuna

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,322 posts

Posted 18 August 2007 - 05:06 PM

:signs1111cr:

#7 lilwes278

lilwes278

SATISFACTORY!!!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,652 posts

Posted 18 August 2007 - 06:56 PM

Got the blind set-up and in position today. Good quality and easy to set-up. I didn't think the camo pattern was anything spectacular but it actually blends in very nicely. I'll be in it first thing next saturday morning...

#8 Cranky Farmer

Cranky Farmer

smallblockfuelie

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,436 posts

Posted 18 August 2007 - 07:10 PM

You got a great blind! I've shot deer and turkey out of mine (AmeriaStep) and they come in handy. I like to get it out a week or two before season, on private land where it won't walk away, so that the critters get used to it. I've also always tried to nestle it up next to some brush or tall grass to help hide it, but I think it would work just as well out in the open.Practice pulling your bow and or rifle while inside of it a little. It helped me to determine which seat I need to use to get me at just the right height to make things easy. Oh, and don't forget the cooler with drinks and snacks!

#9 clampdaddy

clampdaddy

Chief Feathercloud

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,062 posts

Posted 18 August 2007 - 09:35 PM

Well, if Adam doesn't show up here for deer season, he's going to be out some serious cash......

Heck, you might actually get a commitment out of him that way. :504: No-way that tightwad portagee is gonna miss a trip if he's already invested a penny on the trip. By the way, ground squirrels are always in season, get to work on 'em! :signs1111cr:

#10 lilwes278

lilwes278

SATISFACTORY!!!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,652 posts

Posted 19 August 2007 - 10:13 AM

...ground squirrels are always in season, get to work on 'em! :censored[1]:

I have been, just not for the last 3 weeks or so. Spending way too much time playing with my bow! :lol: I stopped by Bowtech yesterday and picked up some judo points and an extra dozen arrows this weekend... :yahoo: These ground squirrels up here are going to be hard to stick though. They're smaller, quicker, and look like a chipmunk on steroids. They even have chipmunk markings on them (no stripes on their face like a chipmunk though) but they still blow up pretty good. They come zipping right through our camp so I'm taking your old Winchester pellet gun over next week to give it a try. We've even taken a few out with the paintball guns! :yahoo:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users