• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#1 lilwes278

lilwes278

SATISFACTORY!!!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,652 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, shooting, fishing, four wheeling, riding ATV's, camping, and the various ECV activities...

Posted 04 August 2007 - 09:55 PM

I finally did it. Today I broke down and entered the world of archery... Seeing that I live 10 minutes away from the Bowtech manufacturing facility & pro shop, it was a no-brainer which brand to choose. I ended up with a Diamond (made by Bowtech) Black Ice. More info on it can be found here: http://www.diamondar...m/black_ice.php A guy I work with has one and let me shoot it a few times. It's very smooth and even though it's a single cam it's still pushing 315fps. I got the bow package (5 pin fiber optic sight, 4" stabilizer w/wrist strap, peep sight, & a whisker biscuit rest), but upgraded to a 6 arrow quick-release quiver instead of the 4 arrow quiver included in the package, then added a Scott release, Bowtech soft case, & half a dozen carbon arrows. They cut me a hell of a deal for everything and threw in 2 Bowtech hats and a large Bowtech sticker for free. Excellent customer service!!! Now it's time to go start slingin' some arrows and get this thing dialed in. Did I mention archery season for me starts in 3 weeks? :smiley_kewlpics: I'll try to snap a couple pics in the morning and post 'em up.
Oregon Hunter's Association memberE. Clampus Vitus Estanislao Chapter 58, Humbug Chapter 73, and Umpqua Joe Outpost 1859 memberIf you can't fix it with a hammer, then you've got an electrical problem.

#2 clampdaddy

clampdaddy

Chief Feathercloud

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,059 posts
  • Interests:Shooting, Hunting, Reloading, Antique Tractors, Clampin', and Relaxing

Posted 04 August 2007 - 10:44 PM

Congrats on the new stick Wes. I tried to look at that site to check out your bow but for some reason it locked up my computer biggerdinsh!t twice.
My guns are mine, they aren't for sale, and I only give guns to people that I really like. So I guess the government is **** out of luck.

#3 lilwes278

lilwes278

SATISFACTORY!!!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,652 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, shooting, fishing, four wheeling, riding ATV's, camping, and the various ECV activities...

Posted 04 August 2007 - 10:52 PM

Congrats on the new stick Wes. I tried to look at that site to check out your bow but for some reason it locked up my computer biggerdinsh!t twice.

Sorry guy, my fault. It's fixed now. Check it out.
Oregon Hunter's Association memberE. Clampus Vitus Estanislao Chapter 58, Humbug Chapter 73, and Umpqua Joe Outpost 1859 memberIf you can't fix it with a hammer, then you've got an electrical problem.

#4 Rimrock

Rimrock

Big Kahuna

• Gold Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,327 posts

Posted 04 August 2007 - 11:05 PM

Good for you, Wes. You will enjoy that. I have spent a lot of time in Oregon with a limb and stick in my hand.

#5 ShooterJohn

ShooterJohn

Admin

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,475 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, shooting sports and fishing.

Posted 05 August 2007 - 08:31 AM

That's a sweet looking bow Wes. Like you said it's a no brainer if the plant is only ten miles away. Get to work practicing and get to know those guys at the factory. You'll be all set with ready made archery buds. Archery is a great pastime and very rewarding. It's been so long since I've bought arrows my best are still aluminum. Get yourself a place set up to practice and fling away. :smiley_kewlpics:

Time waits for no one--
treasure every moment you have.

#6 lilwes278

lilwes278

SATISFACTORY!!!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,652 posts

Posted 05 August 2007 - 10:55 AM

Pics!

Attached Files

#7 ShooterJohn

ShooterJohn

Admin

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,475 posts

Posted 05 August 2007 - 10:58 AM

Nice setup Wes! Now go shoot something. I always wanted to try the apple off someones head and I'm sure I could do it easily. But I've never found a willing victim, I mean participant yet. :smiley_kewlpics:

Time waits for no one--

#8 lilwes278

lilwes278

SATISFACTORY!!!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,652 posts

Posted 05 August 2007 - 11:05 AM

I always wanted to try the apple off someones head and I'm sure I could do it easily. But I've never found a willing victim, I mean participant yet. :signlol2iu:

Um, yeah... good luck with that John! :smiley_kewlpics:

#9 clampdaddy

clampdaddy

Chief Feathercloud

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,059 posts
  • Interests:Shooting, Hunting, Reloading, Antique Tractors, Clampin', and Relaxing

Posted 05 August 2007 - 01:14 PM

OK, I'm jealous! Thats a sweet lookin' bow.
My guns are mine, they aren't for sale, and I only give guns to people that I really like. So I guess the government is **** out of luck.

#10 ShooterJohn

ShooterJohn

Admin

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,475 posts

Posted 05 August 2007 - 05:59 PM

Hey Wes, you can just hold the apple in your hand I promise I won't miss. Honest it would be an easy shot at say 30 yards.

Time waits for no one--

#11 RAPTOR72

RAPTOR72

Plinker

• Members
  • Pip
  • 33 posts

Posted 06 August 2007 - 08:38 AM

Hey Lilwes,Nice purchase! Welcome to the world of Bow hunting! Are you gonna be up in D6 in Long Barn? I took your advice and started scouting up there. If you want we should meet-up for opening archery.Tom

#12 yunggun

yunggun

Predator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 230 posts

Posted 06 August 2007 - 10:41 AM

Those Black Ice bows are really nice! It's basically the Bowtech Tribute with a single cam instead of the Binary cam system. I drew one back the other day and I have never felt a better back wall on any bow. It's real solid. Congratulations! Great purchase!

#13 Thumper Dunker

Thumper Dunker

STICK BENDER

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,770 posts
  • Interests:Hunting ,Fishing , Wife ,Son ,Cat,Dog , My koi , Trad Bows.

Posted 06 August 2007 - 10:49 PM

Nice going THATS A GREAT BOW ! for one with wheels your going to realy like throwing little pointed sticks around.
You can hop but you can't hide. Yahi Bowmen. Its not how far you can shoot but how close to the game you get when you shoot. Sights we don't need any sights. Why waist time reloading when I can be making arrows.

#14 mac

mac

Big Kahuna

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,503 posts

Posted 07 August 2007 - 11:45 AM

awesome bow Wes! looks like you got it with all the fixin's too!
Mac Daddy"Lock, Stock and Two Smokin' Barrels"

#15 sportyg

sportyg

Sportyg

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 740 posts
  • Interests:Camping, Fishing, hunting, Football, playing backgammon,& music

Founder: Hunters Helping Hunters
    www.huntershelpinghuntersUSA.org
    LM:NAHC

Posted 10 August 2007 - 07:25 PM

Great buy Wes !! Now perfect your shooting and your good to go.. :censored[1]:
Sportyg;Founder:HHHwww.hhh-usa.orgLM:NAHCMbr:TRCP

#16 lilwes278

lilwes278

SATISFACTORY!!!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,652 posts

Posted 10 August 2007 - 09:18 PM

Hey Wes, you can just hold the apple in your hand I promise I won't miss. Honest it would be an easy shot at say 30 yards.

Sorry John, even if it was only 3 yards you would have better luck selling ice cubes to an eskimo! :censored[1]:

#17 lilwes278

lilwes278

SATISFACTORY!!!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,652 posts

Posted 10 August 2007 - 09:28 PM

Sorry Tom, no more D6 for me! I'm in Oregon now, remember? Did you have any luck scouting those areas I told you about? It's usually good hunting, but especially if there's some weather to push the deer around! I even know where there's a home-made tree stand up on a ridge, but I can't remember the road number it's on... Hopefully I'll have some pictures of my first Oregon buck within a few weeks (my season starts on the 25th). If I keep seeing a bunch of elk where I work, I might even grab an elk tag and try my luck over there too.

#18 RAPTOR72

RAPTOR72

Plinker

• Members
  • Pip
  • 33 posts

Posted 13 August 2007 - 08:11 AM

My bad! How is Oregon? I have been scout'n the last few weeks in those spots you told me. Found some footprints by some water holes in the valleys. I will be up there this weekend walking around hopeing to see some deer. Good luck in Oregon!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users