5 replies to this topic

#1 Menace

Menace

Varmint Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 109 posts

Posted 03 August 2007 - 06:32 AM

OK, I spent all day yesterday driving from gun store to gun store to guns store to only find Federal Vshock and your basic 55g FMJ round. I hit Great Guns, Badger Johns, River City Gun exchange, and even Big 5. Does anyone have a spot in the Sacramento area that carries a better selection. To much trouble to order online cause I can't have ammo shipped into Yolo County. Whats the big sports store that opened in Rockland? Couldn't find the name in the past posts. Thanks...John

#2 4RHUNTS

4RHUNTS

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,193 posts
  • Interests:Hunting for varmints, two and four legged varieties, deer, pigs, birds, reloading, and fishing.

Posted 03 August 2007 - 06:42 AM

Why can't you have ammo shipped into Yolo county? Some County Ordinance? If so thats silly.Frank

#3 Camoghost

Camoghost

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,449 posts

Posted 03 August 2007 - 07:20 AM

www.ammoman.com, shipped right to your door for free. Good luck. There is a gun show here this weekend I believe.. If you want I can pick you up some and ship it to ya.

#4 Menace

Menace

Varmint Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 109 posts

Posted 03 August 2007 - 07:22 AM

Yeah, country doesn't allow the shipping of ammo, fireworks, etc.. has to do with us being a fire zone or something, really stupid...

#5 Jeff

Jeff

SacramentoSkullWorks

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,797 posts

Posted 03 August 2007 - 07:25 AM

Try Cordova Guns, they usually have good priced TARGET ammo. The store in Rocklin is Sportsman's Warehouse. I haven't looked at their ammo selection, but the store is pretty awesome.

#6 Robs223

Robs223

Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 900 posts

Posted 03 August 2007 - 07:59 AM

I had the same problem, I couldn't find the 55gr. Ballistic Silver Tips through Winchester, but I knew I'd call around to see if some places carried it before driving all over gods green earth, NOBODY carried it. So I got on the phone and called Cabelas and ordered 8 boxes of ammo shipped to my door step, problem solved. As for them not shipping in Yolo thats extremely odd.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users