#1 casey.martin2506

casey.martin2506

Squirrel Shooter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 56 posts
  • Interests:predator hunting. andpredator hunting

Posted 30 July 2007 - 09:17 PM

i am thinking of buyting a remington spr 310 over and under in 12 guage for sporting clays. does anyone know anything about this gun? any input would help out alot. thanks

#2 woodog

woodog

Shooter

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 774 posts
  • Interests:Open Field Coursing and hunting.

Posted 31 July 2007 - 03:15 AM

Casey, the Remington Spartan 310 is make by Baikal in Russia and is a bit rough but gets the job done. I have a Baikal .22mag/20ga and a Spartan 12ga/.223 and, like I said, they get the job done. If you can still get the Baikal you can save some $$$. Take a look at the Stoeger Condor Supreme o/u at Ten Percent Firearms in Taft. Better quality for about the same price I think.Steve Hill

#3 casey.martin2506

casey.martin2506

Squirrel Shooter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 56 posts

Posted 31 July 2007 - 03:43 PM

what do you mean rough? i really dont like the stoegers but dont want to spend 1200 2000 dollars on a nice clays gun. i recently got put ion charge of hosting shoots at cuyama valley sportsman club and want to upgrade shotguns. the sporting clays edeition is supposed to pretty sweet but i dont know thats what im here for is people input.

#4 woodog

woodog

Shooter

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 774 posts

Posted 31 July 2007 - 06:36 PM

Lacking finish detail, very stiff breaking (which will work itself after 500 rounds or so), 8 lb trigger, a bit heavy, OK wood, poor blue job, but very utilitarian. They were a good deal at $400, but at $600 I think you can do better. Stoeger is a Benelli owned company, but the guns are made in Argentina. Can hardly wait for a Remington made in Zaire. If we hook up with D-Man on Monday I'll bring out two Stoegers and two Baikal's and let you shoot them. Or go to Ten Percent Firearms and fondle a Stoeger, but you can't kiss it until you pay for it. :smiley-funny-post-sign: Remington calls the gun Spartan because that's what they are, very Spartan.Later, Steve Hill

#5 casey.martin2506

casey.martin2506

Squirrel Shooter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 56 posts

Posted 31 July 2007 - 09:31 PM

do you ever shoot sporting clays at cuyama valley sportsman club? i am getting put in charge of operating and bringing people to the sporting clays course would you be interested in doing that we could have a real fun shoot there. gettin alot of yotes there too. i have to work on monday and maybe we can hook up with d-man in the evening. i got some real good spots

#6 clampdaddy

clampdaddy

Chief Feathercloud

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,062 posts
  • Interests:Shooting, Hunting, Reloading, Antique Tractors, Clampin', and Relaxing

Posted 31 July 2007 - 10:20 PM

Take a look at the CZ redhead deluxe. I got one last year and I love it. They cost around five and a half bills but they look like a million bucks. Great fit and finnish.Posted Image

#7 woodog

woodog

Shooter

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 774 posts

Posted 01 August 2007 - 04:36 AM

I have a CZ 527 American in .223 and it is the best looking gun I own and shoots very well. If it weren't for the damn bolt hitting the scope with low rings mounted it would be prefect. Steve Hill

#8 mac

mac

Big Kahuna

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,503 posts

Posted 01 August 2007 - 01:14 PM

I'll stay away from that one.... :signlol2iu:

#9 sportyg

sportyg

Sportyg

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 754 posts
  • Interests:Camping, Fishing, hunting, Football, playing backgammon,& music

Founder: Hunters Helping Hunters
    www.huntershelpinghuntersUSA.org
    LM:NAHC

Posted 05 August 2007 - 06:47 PM

I'm looking to get a 20ga.. I post a few pictures of a couple of them if I can.. This is the new Charles Daley, spec'sMod: 106 u/o barrel 28", over all length 45" wt 7.5lbsChamber 3" chokes IC,Mod, FullFeatures Single Select Trigger, Extractor Length Pull 14 1/4" Price 519.35

Attached Files

#10 sportyg

sportyg

Sportyg

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 754 posts

Posted 05 August 2007 - 06:59 PM

Next: Rem ISP SPR 310 o/u 20m/28mcChamber 3" Barrel 28" OAL 45 1/2" WT 7 1/2 LbsChokes CYL, IC, M,FAuto Selective Ejector Chrome lined boreSingle selective trigger L/P 14 1/2" Price 602.00Attached File  SPR310.jpg   15.76KB   88 downloads

#11 sportyg

sportyg

Sportyg

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 754 posts

Posted 05 August 2007 - 07:07 PM

Savage has an o/u in the same price range but I forgot to write down the spec's.. Didn't have a picture of it however.. Most likely due to being out of stock at time time.. The prices are the same for to 12 gages as well..

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users