• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 Thumper Dunker

Thumper Dunker

STICK BENDER

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,684 posts
  • Interests:Hunting ,Fishing , Wife ,Son ,Cat,Dog , My koi , Trad Bows.

Posted 28 July 2007 - 11:24 PM

Took the old stick and string out today. made lots of unsuccessful stalks and shots. could call them in but not close enough to shoot . called on in to abought 50yrds had to crawl to get a shot at it and I got him Wow that was neat. more missis ect . Seen on way out there 100+ yrds . get a row of trees between us and start stalking him . I get to about 40yards and he see's me and stands up to get a better look not shot the trees are in the way . I start to crawl to the other side of the row and he moves into the same row That im in and hops twards me easy 15 yard shot Wow another one. Lots more missis and goofed up stalks. Trying to sneak up on egucated jacks is tough but lots of fun. Two jacks in 6hrs and not sure how many shots. apricots branch out real low so theres lots of crawling to make a stalk. Was getting to easy with the 204. those jato typ points puts a hurt to them if you hit them .Posted ImagePosted Image
You can hop but you can't hide. Yahi Bowmen. Its not how far you can shoot but how close to the game you get when you shoot. Sights we don't need any sights. Why waist time reloading when I can be making arrows.

#2 Braz

Braz

Formerly know as Alpenliter

• Advertiser
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,769 posts
  • Interests:“Witnessing the Republicans and the Democrats bicker over the U.S. debt is like watching two drunks argue over a bar bill on the Titanic.”

Posted 29 July 2007 - 08:34 AM

NIce going TD. Sounds like you had a good time, although not highly productive. However, for me, 2 with a bow in any amount of time is VERY successful and productive.
[url="""]http://www.CallsbyBraz.com'>http://www.CallsbyBraz.com[/url]
Handmade Calls by Braz
"Suppose you were an idiot. And suppose you were a member of Congress.. But I repeat myself."--Mark Twain

#3 ShooterJohn

ShooterJohn

Admin

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,011 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, shooting sports and fishing.

Posted 29 July 2007 - 08:59 AM

Nice work Tim! :harhar1[1]: That's some fine shooting and a great post. :rolleyes: I didn't think anyone still owned a recurved bow, except maybe me because I never get rid of anything. :rolleyes:

Time waits for no one--
treasure every moment you have.

#4 Thumper Dunker

Thumper Dunker

STICK BENDER

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,684 posts
  • Interests:Hunting ,Fishing , Wife ,Son ,Cat,Dog , My koi , Trad Bows.

Posted 29 July 2007 - 09:43 AM

Componds are for little girls :rolleyes: Going back out in a few minuts I need lots of practice.
You can hop but you can't hide. Yahi Bowmen. Its not how far you can shoot but how close to the game you get when you shoot. Sights we don't need any sights. Why waist time reloading when I can be making arrows.

#5 ShooterJohn

ShooterJohn

Admin

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,011 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, shooting sports and fishing.

Posted 29 July 2007 - 09:57 AM

Componds are for little girls :harhar1[1]:

:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Time waits for no one--
treasure every moment you have.

#6 peeker seeker

peeker seeker

25-06 shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,897 posts
  • Interests:Grand kids, My dogs, My girls the rabbits and hens Hunting & fishing

Posted 29 July 2007 - 10:57 AM

:harhar1[1]: :rolleyes:

HMMMM
Reach out to are fury friends . Use a 25-06 If runs swims or flies ,IT CAN BE DEEP FRIED OR MADE INTO A PIE mmm mmmm ANIMALS IT'S WHATS FOR DINNER. Beeman air...25-06, 223, 7mm- 08 ,7mm Rem mag .Beaman 8 cats 0. Keeper of 2 Border Collie Heelers

#7 DEERSLAM

DEERSLAM

Hunting 365 days a year...in my mind

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,524 posts
  • Interests:Family and hunting

Posted 29 July 2007 - 03:10 PM

Way to go with the stick and string :rolleyes:
MIKETEAM .204"Had God not intended for humans to hunt, he would not have made animals out of meat."

#8 Bozsik

Bozsik

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,518 posts
  • Interests:Having fun with my Wife and Kids, Hunting, Camping, Wildlife Photography, Woodworking, and Illustration.

Posted 30 July 2007 - 01:32 PM

Good shooting Tim,I was up at my brother's place near Don Pedro last weekend. I got up early cuz the heat was killing the shooting hours. I was lucky enough to slap the first two cottontails I spotted. Of course I used a Girly Bow!! It didn't seem to have an adverse effect on the flavour of the bunny. It was down hill from there, so I switch to the HM2. The ground squirrels that dig up the leach field for the septic are increasing in numbers again. They are very smart when it comes to getting a shot at them, so my brother let me set up on the roof of the house and snipe them from there. I must say, they were a bit surprized. I was able to get 8 of the ten I spotted. db
TALK STRAIGHT, SHOOT STRAIGHT, AND KEEP THE MAGAZINE LOADED.ORANGEVALE,CA

#9 CoyoteHuntress

CoyoteHuntress

Royal Oaks Taxidermy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,920 posts
  • Interests:Im a full time taxidermist and I LOVE Hunting- coyotes, bobcat, bear, boar, elk, deer etc..

Posted 30 July 2007 - 02:53 PM

Would you look at that!! Ready made bunny-ka-bobs :roflmao3[1]:
Royal Oaks TaxidermyAward Winning Taxidermist...When Quality Counts! DEER CAPES WANTED

#10 D-Man

D-Man

Big Kahuna

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,482 posts

Posted 31 July 2007 - 03:30 AM

:) :) Darren
Blessed be the Lord, my rock, who trains my hands for war, and my fingers for battle; - Psalms 144:1
Fellow Team Savage member and Team Ruger! Semper Fidelis!
NRA Certified Instructor / Multi-state CCW Instructor

#11 yunggun

yunggun

Predator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 230 posts

Posted 31 July 2007 - 03:22 PM

Guys that can shoot recurve and longbow that accurately are very impressive to me. I prefer to cheat with the old training wheel bow! :smiley-funny-post-sign: Good shooting!

#12 PredatorMaster

PredatorMaster

Big Kahuna

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,258 posts

Posted 31 July 2007 - 07:04 PM

^_^ :lol: Nice shooting.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users