14 replies to this topic

#1 pj1016

pj1016

Varmint Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 110 posts

Posted 26 July 2007 - 12:59 PM

I'ts time to get an electronic caller, so I think that it will be a Foxpro FX3.Any place better than allpredatorcalls.com?What sounds? I searched and found this topic was discussed about 9 months ago, but I thought that I would ask now in case there were new sounds.Any other advice? Accessories?Thanks,pj

#2 ShooterJohn

ShooterJohn

Admin

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,398 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, shooting sports and fishing.

Posted 26 July 2007 - 01:39 PM

They do have some new sounds available. I'm sure allpredatorcalls.com could fill you in on the latest new calls. One thing I wouldn't purchase is the rechargeable batteries. Just use good nicads and you'll save yourself money in the long run. The rechargeables go dead at the worst time and take forever to charge up when you want the caller now. Batteries from Costco or Sam's Club are cheap and you always have fresh ones. Hope that helps some.

Time waits for no one--
treasure every moment you have.

#3 Frank

Frank

Big Kahuna

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,759 posts
  • Interests:Coyote Hunting #1, Valley Quail 2nd. Former (Idaho) mule deer hunter

Posted 26 July 2007 - 04:08 PM

Ditto John, especially on the batteries. As far as sounds, especially the various howls & puppy yipes, I would send it to Lock Stock & Barrel & have Randy Anderson's sounds installed. For me, he cannot be beat for the howls & they are the only ones that install Randy's sounds. FoxPro used to & is humerous on the excuses as to why they no longer do. Anyway, for distress rabbit & other sounds, FoxPro & some others are great. From what I hear, you just missed a good sell (20% off?) on FoxPro e callers at Bass Pro's opening. I Love ALLPREDATORCALLS.COM & would check with them, but again would send it off for Randy's howling.AND be sure and get the remote... An absolute must IMHO....Sounds? Well, For distress rabbit; lightning jack & aggresive jack are good along with various bird sounds & fawn / antelope bleeps all from foxpro. All of Randy's sounds, but expecially the female greeting howl(a personal favorite), puppy yipes(another favorite), 2ea male challenge, female invitational & seranade. Ok, my mind just quit (again) & don't have my foxpro handy... but those should get you started. Happy Predator HuntingFrank

#4 DEERSLAM

DEERSLAM

Hunting 365 days a year...in my mind

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,524 posts
  • Interests:Family and hunting

Posted 26 July 2007 - 04:36 PM

Call allpredatorcalls and tell them you want to buy your call but don't know what sounds to get. They will ask you where you live and hunt and will make some solid suggestions. They are a great bunch and very very helpful. There are some newer sounds out and I'm not sure if allpredatorcalls has them all but they should. I just had my FX3 upgraded to the FX5 a couple of monthe ago, awesome upgrade, and I called allpredatorcalls first before I sent the call back to FoxPro and ask for their suggestions on what sounds to add. Needless to say they were very helpful and knowledgeable.
MIKETEAM .204"Had God not intended for humans to hunt, he would not have made animals out of meat."

#5 clampdaddy

clampdaddy

Chief Feathercloud

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,059 posts
  • Interests:Shooting, Hunting, Reloading, Antique Tractors, Clampin', and Relaxing

Posted 26 July 2007 - 10:30 PM

Don't forget to have a crow call or two programed in there.
My guns are mine, they aren't for sale, and I only give guns to people that I really like. So I guess the government is **** out of luck.

#6 Cranky Farmer

Cranky Farmer

smallblockfuelie

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,436 posts

Posted 27 July 2007 - 08:36 AM

Yukon jack has been one of the best producing sounds for me. You can buy new sounds directly from FoxPro if you need more sounds later down the road. They are easy to install.APC is a GREAT company to deal with and are up to speed on the sounds and what ones are producers. You can also buy those Randy Anderson sounds online and down load them to your computer. I did it that way and then just uploaded the sounds myself.

#7 pj1016

pj1016

Varmint Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 110 posts

Posted 27 July 2007 - 01:12 PM

Thanks for all of the help, guys...much appreciated.

Yukon jack has been one of the best producing sounds for me.

Hmmmm...could have fooled me seein' how well we did up at Carrizo earlier in the month! :lol: :signs1242cn: pj

#8 ShooterJohn

ShooterJohn

Admin

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,398 posts

Posted 27 July 2007 - 01:54 PM

Must have been the company Heath had. :lol: :signs1242cn:

Time waits for no one--

#9 DEERSLAM

DEERSLAM

Hunting 365 days a year...in my mind

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,524 posts
  • Interests:Family and hunting

Posted 28 July 2007 - 03:31 PM

Don't forget to have a crow call or two programed in there.

Gotta couple of crow sounds and a magpie.John one of these days when we go out scouting you're going to have to show me how to download sounds.
MIKETEAM .204"Had God not intended for humans to hunt, he would not have made animals out of meat."

#10 pj1016

pj1016

Varmint Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 110 posts

Posted 30 July 2007 - 11:00 AM

Must have been the company Heath had. :yikes[1]: :signlol2iu:

LOL! Score one for SJ!Hmmm...mebbe your right...he get's the yotes when I'm NOT there, no yotes when I am...must have been my manly smell spooking the critters.If Heath ever invites me again, I'll soak myself in yote pee to cover-up. :roflmao3[1]: :bleh[1]: pj

#11 ShooterJohn

ShooterJohn

Admin

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,398 posts

Posted 30 July 2007 - 12:05 PM

I was just joking that coyote pee is strong stuff. :roflmao3[1]:

Time waits for no one--

#12 pj1016

pj1016

Varmint Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 110 posts

Posted 31 July 2007 - 09:27 AM

Yukon jack has been one of the best producing sounds for me.

Is that a Foxpro sound? I can't find it on the list...Thanks,pj

#13 ShooterJohn

ShooterJohn

Admin

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,398 posts

Posted 31 July 2007 - 10:03 AM

I thought Yukon Jack was an adult alcoholic beverage. :) I'm pretty sure he meant Lightning Jack. :)

Time waits for no one--

#14 Cranky Farmer

Cranky Farmer

smallblockfuelie

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,436 posts

Posted 31 July 2007 - 10:11 AM

I'm pretty sure he meant Lightning Jack. :)

LOL ... that one too.

#15 pj1016

pj1016

Varmint Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 110 posts

Posted 31 July 2007 - 10:23 AM

LOL ... that one too.

Hey, you messin' with the noob? :) :) Thanks for the clarification. Time to call APC.pj

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users