9 replies to this topic

#1 Stiff Neck

Stiff Neck

Big Shooter

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,070 posts

Posted 19 December 2005 - 08:34 AM

So I purchased a new Bushnell Yardage Pro 450 range finder for a gift, and I just tried it out. It's so blurry, it's got to be the worst optical device I've ever looked thru. It appears to be focused ok out to about 15 yards, then after that it's very blurry. What a piece of dog poop! Here's an unaltered pic thru the viewfinder. That's not camera shake, that's an unfocused lense. And no, the lense is not fogged up. I can't gift this thing all blurry like that! It was $150 obviously not top of the line but more than suitable for what it's going to be used for. I guess it's going back to Cabela's and I'm gonna have to think of something else quick... :mellow: Boo on Bushnell! Does anybody else have one of these? I hope they're not all like that.Posted Image

#2 ShooterJohn

ShooterJohn

Admin

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,200 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, shooting sports and fishing.

Posted 19 December 2005 - 08:49 AM

Unfortunately that's one of the reasons Bushnell isn't rated very high by people that have tried different rangefinders. You might get a good one and then a couple of bad ones. I tried a couple of Bushnell's and each had something wrong. That's why I purchased my Leica after trying several other rangefinders. I know not everyone can afford a high end rangefinder but in optics you usually get what you pay for. I'd send it back and hopefully you'll get one that works better. But that's why Bushnell is so much cheaper. :mellow:

Time waits for no one--
treasure every moment you have.

#3 Stiff Neck

Stiff Neck

Big Shooter

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,070 posts

Posted 19 December 2005 - 09:21 AM

It'll take too long to exchange it, so I'll just return this one and order a new one. They said they'll refund my ground shipping if I request it in a note with the returned defective product.

#4 ForkedHorn

ForkedHorn

Squirrel Shooter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 82 posts

Posted 19 December 2005 - 11:21 AM

Hey, I have one... there is a focus procedure on it... i did the same thing with mine out of the box (too anxious to read the instructions) then I read the instructions, focused it and love it now! Mine is a different unit than yours, but probably has the same way to focus it? If not and it's just bad, Cabelas is great about returning things and I love my Bushnell 1500.Good luck.

#5 Hylander

Hylander

Predator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 472 posts
  • Interests:Shooting Sports

Posted 19 December 2005 - 04:09 PM

Read The Direction's :P Who Reads Directions :P
Failure is not an OptionLincoln,Ca.

#6 Stiff Neck

Stiff Neck

Big Shooter

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,070 posts

Posted 20 December 2005 - 08:33 AM

No focusing proceedures on this model, I checked more than once after I discovered how blurry it was.

#7 ShooterJohn

ShooterJohn

Admin

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,200 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, shooting sports and fishing.

Posted 20 December 2005 - 08:42 AM

Maybe your rangefinder needs glasses! :P

Time waits for no one--
treasure every moment you have.

#8 Cranky Farmer

Cranky Farmer

smallblockfuelie

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,436 posts

Posted 20 December 2005 - 09:44 AM

Sorry to hear you got a bad unit. Let us know how the replacement looks when you get it.

#9 Stiff Neck

Stiff Neck

Big Shooter

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,070 posts

Posted 22 December 2005 - 07:04 PM

UPDATE: Unfortunately, the second unit is the same as the first. Blury. The official ruling is out... Bushnell Yardage Pro 450 is crappola. :angry: They should be ashamed for even offering a product with such poor optics. Complete trash.

#10 canis disrupter

canis disrupter

Plinker

• Members
  • Pip
  • 19 posts

Posted 22 December 2005 - 07:39 PM

UPDATE: Unfortunately, the second unit is the same as the first. Blury. The official ruling is out... Bushnell Yardage Pro 450 is crappola. :angry: They should be ashamed for even offering a product with such poor optics. Complete trash.

Hey, I need one of those.. maybe find a special mount so I can put it on the H&R .243 superlight.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users