#1 Iron Worker

Iron Worker

Iron worker

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 913 posts
  • Interests:Hunting/Fishing/ Hiking

Posted 18 December 2005 - 05:30 PM

Lapua Brass,Fed Match primers ????? of H4350 behind 87gr Hornady V-maxs seated into rifling lands produces 3,600FPS+ for a bullet rated at .00BC that's a flat linner.However this is the load i missed that yote with Thanksgiving.Don't think I'll ever forgive my self,where did I go wrong in life?So many sleepless nights Why? Why? :mellow:.400 BC

#2 A17Shooter

A17Shooter

Big Kahuna

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,789 posts
  • Interests:Varmint Hunting, Rifles, Hunting Pistols, Long Range, Computers, Cameras

Posted 27 December 2005 - 04:39 PM

IronWorker,I have heard that you can't kill'em with velocity or muzzle blast. :) If you don't get em to make that wet zzwhop sound that reports bullet impact they'll jest run away laughing. ShooterJohn tells me he never misses, maybe he'll give you a few pointers. ;) Gary

Guns only have three enemies, Politicians, Ignorant Liberals and Rust.

"A pen in the hand of this president is far more dangerous than a gun in the hands of 200 million law-abiding citizens."

#3 ShooterJohn

ShooterJohn

Admin

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,479 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, shooting sports and fishing.

Posted 27 December 2005 - 05:30 PM

ShooterJohn tells me he never misses, maybe he'll give you a few pointers. ;) Gary

That's right Gary drag me in here. :P I never said that, well maybe. :)

Time waits for no one--
treasure every moment you have.

#4 A17Shooter

A17Shooter

Big Kahuna

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,789 posts
  • Interests:Varmint Hunting, Rifles, Hunting Pistols, Long Range, Computers, Cameras

Posted 28 December 2005 - 09:41 AM

IronWorker,I've got one a them 6 X 284 powder furnaces too. I have not been able to totally break it from missing. I feed mine some a that 7828 powder and Sierra 107 MK and for a change in diet that 87 gr Hornady you mentioned. It still misses occasionally. I must of spoiled it when it was a pup and that's the reward I get for being lax in my training. :) Come to think of it I've got one or two other rifles that miss occasionally. Maybe I should schedule some remedial training classes for those rifles. I took my 223 to a ranch in WY last spring for some of those remedial classes and by the time we left it wasn't missing near as often. ;) A17Shooter

"A pen in the hand of this president is far more dangerous than a gun in the hands of 200 million law-abiding citizens."

#5 Iron Worker

Iron Worker

Iron worker

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 913 posts

Posted 10 January 2006 - 08:52 PM

Not me-I'm looking into making one.A17Shooter has got me looking in all directions!

Mine has a 700 Action with a sendero stock.Jewel trigger Hart varmint contour BBL (too heavy) 26" 1 in10 twist. When I shoot this BBL out,I'll be putting a Broughton 28"on it, uncertain of rifling rate at this time.Do I want to stick with 70 to 90s or 100s to 115s? Cooper makes a 6x284. Either I shoot the rifle better or it shoots better with Aprox 750rnds then it did when there were under 400 thru it? Broughton advertises a faster bbl and easier to clean plus breaks in faster. Last but not least their prices our competitive.

#6 A17Shooter

A17Shooter

Big Kahuna

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,789 posts

Posted 10 January 2006 - 11:20 PM

Did I hear my name?Speaking of 6X284, here is one. Rem 700 short action, action trued, Tubb recoil lug, K&P 28" barrel, teflon coated action, Leupold 36X BR scope, McMillian stock, slightly refined Remington trigger and a Vais brake. Posted ImageGary

#7 ShooterJohn

ShooterJohn

Admin

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,479 posts

Posted 11 January 2006 - 07:34 AM

Gary, did the flames from the Vais brake burn the finish off the front of your stock? :) :P :P

Time waits for no one--

#8 Iron Worker

Iron Worker

Iron worker

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 913 posts

Posted 11 January 2006 - 05:32 PM

That's cool, How much does it wieght? I also have a Vias muzzel brake.Oh I have a hollan recoil lug.Mine isn't as pretty as yours but its bad to the bone.

#9 ShooterJohn

ShooterJohn

Admin

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,479 posts

Posted 11 January 2006 - 06:13 PM

Larry, I moved your post to equipment since that's what we're talking about.

Time waits for no one--

#10 Iron Worker

Iron Worker

Iron worker

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 913 posts

Posted 11 January 2006 - 06:24 PM

Larry, I moved your post to equipment since that's what we're talking about.

John No doubt your an expert with computers. Could you walk me thru the steps on how to post a picture on any forum?Thanks

#11 A17Shooter

A17Shooter

Big Kahuna

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,789 posts

Posted 11 January 2006 - 09:13 PM

Gary, did the flames from the Vais brake burn the finish off the front of your stock? Yeah, got after'em and a 20 shot string peeled it down to the primer. :angry:That thing got a Hemi?A Hemi and two GMC 6:71 superchargers. B)That's cool, How much does it wieght? I also have a Vias muzzel brake.Oh I have a hollan recoil lug.Mine isn't as pretty as yours but its bad to the bone.Weighs 18.5 lbs. I've got another stock for it that is the ultimate ugly stick and takes the weight up to 22 lbs. It balances better with the ugly stock, something to do with the lead in the butt.A17Shooter

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users