Photo

This Chargemaster 1500 combo works AWESOME!

• Please log in to reply
31 replies to this topic

#1 Cranky Farmer

Cranky Farmer

smallblockfuelie

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,436 posts

Posted 17 December 2005 - 10:11 AM

I am so impressed with this new Chargemaster of mine! I just loaded up a few rounds of some 40 gr V-Max to take for coyotes tonight. There is no doubt that the number of rounds that I am able to load per hour is going to go up. Even with this Varget it is performing well.As soon as my wife gets back from town and can watch the baby I am going to get back out there and load up a few more for the .22-250.

#2 ShooterJohn

ShooterJohn

Admin

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,685 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, shooting sports and fishing.

Posted 17 December 2005 - 07:07 PM

Glad you like it, I knew you would. I sure like mine! :)

Time waits for no one--
treasure every moment you have.

#3 John

John

Varmint Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 164 posts
  • Interests:Hunting,Bench Rest Shooting,Reloading,Fishing,Camping and the great outdoors

Posted 17 July 2006 - 06:46 PM

yep! yep ! yep! I love my Chargemaster,it makes load development enjoyable especially when adding 1 or 2 tenths of a grain for those test rounds,my recommendation to all is get one as soon as you can afford it. :lol:

#4 Braz

Braz

Formerly know as Alpenliter

• Advertiser
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,726 posts
  • Interests:“Witnessing the Republicans and the Democrats bicker over the U.S. debt is like watching two drunks argue over a bar bill on the Titanic.”

Posted 17 July 2006 - 06:54 PM

I was just using my to load some .223 this weekend and I think I was running about 80-100 per hour. It is a dream to use and very, very easy.
[url="""]http://www.CallsbyBraz.com'>http://www.CallsbyBraz.com[/url]
Handmade Calls by Braz
"Suppose you were an idiot. And suppose you were a member of Congress.. But I repeat myself."--Mark Twain

#5 Gunner

Gunner

Predator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 238 posts

Posted 17 July 2006 - 07:43 PM

I am so impressed with this new Chargemaster of mine! I just loaded up a few rounds of some 40 gr V-Max to take for coyotes tonight. There is no doubt that the number of rounds that I am able to load per hour is going to go up. Even with this Varget it is performing well.As soon as my wife gets back from town and can watch the baby I am going to get back out there and load up a few more for the .22-250.

You lucky no good so and so! :lol: :lol: I want one too! :PWhaa! Booh hoo! :P

#6 Cranky Farmer

Cranky Farmer

smallblockfuelie

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,436 posts

Posted 17 July 2006 - 08:49 PM

They totally rock !!

#7 ShooterJohn

ShooterJohn

Admin

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,685 posts

Posted 18 July 2006 - 06:43 AM

They especially make loading test rounds fast with the ease of adjustment and their superior accuracy.alpenliter, you should be able to easily double that amount without even breathing hard or thinking about it. ;)I don't even look at it when using it anymore. I just listen to the sound and the tone and I load another and push the charge button. B)

Time waits for no one--

#8 coolvarmint

coolvarmint

Varmint Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 179 posts
  • Interests:Killing Varmints

Posted 18 July 2006 - 10:38 AM

Natchez has it on sale for $239 now. Not sure how long noticed it a couple of days ago.

#9 Cranky Farmer

Cranky Farmer

smallblockfuelie

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,436 posts

Posted 18 July 2006 - 10:40 AM

That's a pretty good price! It's where I got mine from, actually.

#10 Jason

Jason

Big Kahuna

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,181 posts
  • Interests:Shooting, camping, scuba diving, American Revolution living history, fishing, ham radio.

Posted 18 July 2006 - 01:47 PM

What a nice set up. I've been drooling over the catalogs for a couple months now. Since I just got the new rifle I have to wait a while before the wife will release some more funds for one of my "hobbies" as she likes to call it. I have to give it a couple months and let her blow some money on scrap booking or stamps first. That chargemaster just looks so easy to use compared to what I am doing now.Jason

#11 Cranky Farmer

Cranky Farmer

smallblockfuelie

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,436 posts

Posted 18 July 2006 - 01:55 PM

Jason,I have been using a balance beam scale to measure each load until I got my Chargemaster. I will never go back to doing it the old way again! It is a lot faster, easy to use, easy to clean up and even allows you to store your favorite loads in memory for easy retrieval next time you reload.It will be well worth your effort to butter up to the wife and save for a couple months. On a side note, you have to watch ShooterJohn carefully. Just when you get one neat toy/tool paid for he'll pop up and recommend another great one you cant live with out!!

#12 Jason

Jason

Big Kahuna

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,181 posts
  • Interests:Shooting, camping, scuba diving, American Revolution living history, fishing, ham radio.

Posted 18 July 2006 - 02:24 PM

Exactly, the balance beam drives me crazy. It makes me put off reloading until I'm basically out of ammo just because it is so slow and cumbersome. I've got my brother talked into splitting the cost with me (we live in the same town so sharing is not a problem) which helps but now we both have to convince our wives. Oh the horror!Jason

#13 Cranky Farmer

Cranky Farmer

smallblockfuelie

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,436 posts

Posted 18 July 2006 - 02:30 PM

Hey, when I want my wifes approval on something I get her a card with a certificate for a pedicure in it.:lol:

#14 ShooterJohn

ShooterJohn

Admin

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,685 posts

Posted 18 July 2006 - 02:50 PM

I just buy the stuff I want and hide it until she's seen it a couple of time. Then I say this old thing I've had it forever. :lol: Then if she persists I say maybe we should get rid of some of her shoes. ;) I think she's related to Imelda Marcos she has so many. B)

Time waits for no one--

#15 Braz

Braz

• Advertiser
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,726 posts
  • Interests:“Witnessing the Republicans and the Democrats bicker over the U.S. debt is like watching two drunks argue over a bar bill on the Titanic.”

Posted 18 July 2006 - 06:22 PM

My wife and I have reached an agreement. She was ragging on me one day about why did I need another gun. Well, at that I asked her why she needed another quilt? She makes about 20 or so a year and each one costs $100+, some costing 2-3 times as much. With that, she has never said anything about my purchases again, and I don't say anything about her quilts. In fact, she bought the chargemaster for me for christmas!! :-)
Handmade Calls by Braz
"Suppose you were an idiot. And suppose you were a member of Congress.. But I repeat myself."--Mark Twain

#16 Jason

Jason

Big Kahuna

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,181 posts

Posted 21 July 2006 - 06:38 AM

Well I broke down and ordered one from Natchez. Got my brother to go in on it with me and also got my uncle to pony up in exchange for reloading some of his rounds. This got the price down enough that I knew momma wouldn't get to worked up. Also ordered the RCBS dies for my new .223 at the same time. Can't wait until they get here.Jason O.

#17 Cranky Farmer

Cranky Farmer

smallblockfuelie

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,436 posts

Posted 21 July 2006 - 08:05 AM

You're gonna love it!!

#18 ShooterJohn

ShooterJohn

Admin

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,685 posts

Posted 21 July 2006 - 09:23 AM

If you do any reloading at all you won't be sorry with the purchase. :)

Time waits for no one--

#19 Braz

Braz

• Advertiser
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,726 posts

Posted 12 August 2006 - 07:00 PM

Here is a link for a 1500 combo for $225 shipped. It is used, but doesn't appear to be used much.http://www.24hourcam.../gonew/1#UNREAD
Handmade Calls by Braz

#20 shooter1059

shooter1059

Plinker

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 29 September 2006 - 08:08 PM

I agree. It's a real slick unit and don't want to go back to the old way it works so well.

#21 ShooterJohn

ShooterJohn

Admin

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,685 posts

Posted 29 September 2006 - 08:11 PM

That's the truth. I use it for sorting my bullets and my cases too because it reads so quickly. :lol:

Time waits for no one--

#22 John

John

Varmint Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 164 posts
  • Interests:Hunting,Bench Rest Shooting,Reloading,Fishing,Camping and the great outdoors

Posted 01 October 2006 - 02:31 PM

They totally rock !!

Shooter John You don't even have to press the charge button any more( on the newer models) just set it on the auto setting and every time you put the pan back on the scale it will dispense another powder charge! How easy is that,You gotta love it. :lol:

#23 ShooterJohn

ShooterJohn

Admin

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,685 posts

Posted 01 October 2006 - 02:58 PM

Man-o-man! :lol: Mine must be a dinosaur then. Maybe i better send it in for a repair? :lol:

Time waits for no one--

#24 A17Shooter

A17Shooter

Big Kahuna

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,741 posts
  • Interests:Varmint Hunting, Rifles, Hunting Pistols, Long Range, Computers, Cameras

Posted 01 October 2006 - 09:38 PM

Man-o-man! :o Mine must be a dinosaur then. Maybe i better send it in for a repair? ;)

Rule #1 - You con't keep up with technology. ;)A17Shooter

Guns only have three enemies, Politicians, Ignorant Liberals and Rust.

"A pen in the hand of this president is far more dangerous than a gun in the hands of 200 million law-abiding citizens."

#25 Cranky Farmer

Cranky Farmer

smallblockfuelie

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,436 posts

Posted 12 November 2006 - 08:50 PM

Yea, I want one like that too!! Automatically starts back up???? TOO cool!!

#26 Camoghost

Camoghost

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,449 posts

Posted 13 November 2006 - 01:33 PM

Just started reloading read this and now I have one coming.... <_< I hope it's all that I read about :angry:

#27 Cranky Farmer

Cranky Farmer

smallblockfuelie

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,436 posts

Posted 13 November 2006 - 01:42 PM

And then some. The new models have the new feature that my older model doesn't have. You're going to love this unit.

#28 Camoghost

Camoghost

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,449 posts

Posted 21 November 2006 - 07:35 AM

Smallblock, Just got miune last night! Boy!!! I owe you a beer or 2 for turning me on to this deal/unit! This little unit is awesome!! I can relaod like a champ now!!! Thank you! :lol:

#29 Cranky Farmer

Cranky Farmer

smallblockfuelie

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,436 posts

Posted 21 November 2006 - 08:01 AM

I am glad you like. ShooterJohn is the one who told me about it; he's got some of the coolest toys!

#30 jcharb

jcharb

Plinker

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 22 February 2007 - 05:21 PM

Shooter John You don't even have to press the charge button any more( on the newer models) just set it on the auto setting and every time you put the pan back on the scale it will dispense another powder charge! How easy is that,You gotta love it. :D

how do you program it i got mine about 2 months after they came out guess i need to read the book i wasnt aware that you could make them dump power every time you set the pan on the scales...i hope mine will do it or i might send it back to rcbs and get them to upgrade it... thanks for letting me know about this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users