• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Rustyrimfire

Rustyrimfire

Plinker

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts
  • Interests:Being a dad<br />Fishing<br />Keeping unwanteds out of my chicken coop

Posted 11 July 2007 - 07:18 PM

Hello everybody!Life keeps getting in the way of shooting, but as I told Shooter John, catching up on the boards is like sitting around with a couple of old friends and shooting the breeze. :signs1180lq: Anyways, where's the best place on the net to buy 17hmr ammo these days?Still lovin my Savage,Rusty

#2 ShooterJohn

ShooterJohn

Admin

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,689 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, shooting sports and fishing.

Posted 11 July 2007 - 07:23 PM

I like http://www.midsouthshooterssupply.com/They always have the best prices but check to make sure they have what you want. They sell a ton of the stuff.

Time waits for no one--
treasure every moment you have.

#3 Yateswell

Yateswell

Shooter

• Gold Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 851 posts

Posted 11 July 2007 - 08:08 PM

I buy from midsouthshooterssupply.com too, seems to me that they have the best price on the type of ammo that my Savage 17hmr likes.

#4 A17Shooter

A17Shooter

Big Kahuna

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,741 posts
  • Interests:Varmint Hunting, Rifles, Hunting Pistols, Long Range, Computers, Cameras

Posted 11 July 2007 - 08:52 PM

Checked the MidSouth site. Looks like they are out of all brands HMR 17 gr VMax. :signs1180lq:

Guns only have three enemies, Politicians, Ignorant Liberals and Rust.

"A pen in the hand of this president is far more dangerous than a gun in the hands of 200 million law-abiding citizens."

#5 Jason

Jason

Big Kahuna

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,181 posts
  • Interests:Shooting, camping, scuba diving, American Revolution living history, fishing, ham radio.

Posted 12 July 2007 - 06:48 AM

I've been buying locally. The freight rates have gotten so high lately that it's about the same price. I'd have to buy about two cases to save even a little anymore. I used to buy all my 17HMR ammo online and had family and friends that would go in with me so we could put in one big order but the freight and the increase in prices for even the online ammo just is making it too expensive. Of course it just depends on where you are located. I was over at a gun shop in Salinas a few weeks ago while in the area for a meeting for work and was shocked to see them selling 17HMR ammo for about $4 more per box that I was getting at home. I'm sure the rent for their place is quite a bit more than the guy that runs his gun shop out of his garage over in my area but if I lived in Salinas I'd definitely be buying the ammo online.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users