Desert Fox

Big Kahuna

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,171 posts
  • Interests:Target shooting, Hunting, Reloading, Fishing, Camping

Posted 06 July 2007 - 06:24 PM

I mean, these quad; literally!Posted ImagePosted Image
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former" Albert Einstein

#2 Desert Fox

Desert Fox

Big Kahuna

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,171 posts

Posted 06 July 2007 - 06:31 PM

Oops! wrong place to post. SJ will you move it to the vehicle topic. Thanks, RJ
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former" Albert Einstein

#3 Rimrock

Rimrock

Big Kahuna

• Gold Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,277 posts

Posted 06 July 2007 - 08:54 PM

Taht will work. Nice and quiet getting to your stands.

#4 Stan

Stan

Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 846 posts

Posted 06 July 2007 - 10:09 PM

Roads in your hunting zone must be greatIn the heat that we are having I would be just a big puddle pulling that load in 98 to 105 Then to try to keep up with D Man scrambling up the hills think Iíll have a shot of Tequila just thinking about it :signlol2iu: I'll take my jeep then at least I have a chance to keep up :lol:

#5 Desert Fox

Desert Fox

Big Kahuna

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,171 posts

Posted 07 July 2007 - 12:07 AM

Nope! We go in 8 miles of dirt road and we do it every year during A-Zone's season opener in August 'til the season end in September. We rode the bike on the flat and downhill run, which is a bit tricky, and we dismount and push the bike and trailer on the uphill. I built a couple of these trailer for my hunting buddies. It weighs only 25 lbs. but can carry up to 200 lbs of load. It can be dismantled for ease in transporting and can be field assemble within minutes using only a small wrench or channel lock. Here's some more pictures of the trailer:Trailer before assemblyPosted ImageBike hitch using universal joint. It took me a while to figure out what's the best way to couple the trailer to the bike. Posted ImageInstalling the tire (notice the bracing for added strenght to the frame)Posted ImageGooseneck attachment using 1/2" bolt and wing nutPosted ImageSecuring the rifle case with a padlock for added security.Posted ImageReady to transport. Notice the extra gears on the bike. The Mongoose has 28 speed and has extra low gear for heavy towing. :lol: The trailer was proof tested to carry a case of Corona, in an ice chest, at least a 3 gallons of water, a sleeping bag, a 5 man tent, food for 5 days, chairs, small bag of clothing, 100 rounds of Ammo, and anything else, you care to carry.Posted ImageIf you guys want's to participate in these adventure, you can contact me and I guaranty you fun, pain and cramps but, you won't be disappointed. :signlol2iu:

#6 Frank

Frank

Big Kahuna

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,759 posts
  • Interests:Coyote Hunting #1, Valley Quail 2nd. Former (Idaho) mule deer hunter

Posted 07 July 2007 - 06:42 AM

WHEWWW... I'm exhausted just looking at those posts... Coyote hunting is a LOT easier... LOLSeriously though, you did a Great job & an excellent idea... No wonder you are successful :)Frank

#7 Stan

Stan

Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 846 posts

Posted 07 July 2007 - 08:21 AM

Wow you have quite the rig :signlol2iu: Only thing missing is the solar panel to run the ice chest and blender :lol:

#8 A17Shooter

A17Shooter

Big Kahuna

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,779 posts
  • Interests:Varmint Hunting, Rifles, Hunting Pistols, Long Range, Computers, Cameras

Posted 07 July 2007 - 09:08 AM

Ditto Stan's comments about your rig. :signs1111cr: But if he's trying to talk you into blenders, electric ice chests and solar panels; I'd like to put in a request for an upgrade to the solar panel and a deep cycle battery with an electric motor to run that bicycle up those hills. I can probably take care of the down hill sections. :lol:

Guns only have three enemies, Politicians, Ignorant Liberals and Rust.

"A pen in the hand of this president is far more dangerous than a gun in the hands of 200 million law-abiding citizens."

#9 Desert Fox

Desert Fox

Big Kahuna

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,171 posts

Posted 07 July 2007 - 01:06 PM

I did look into installing electric motor into the trailer, but the Forrest service is very specific not to allow anything motorized. As far as solar panel to power the blender... that could be an option :signs1111cr:.

#10 Cranky Farmer

Cranky Farmer

smallblockfuelie

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,436 posts

Posted 17 December 2007 - 02:27 PM

I must have missed this the first time around. Very slick!

#11 JimT.

JimT.

Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 792 posts

Posted 16 April 2008 - 09:36 PM

Wow! I'm impressed with your creativity. I love mountain biking and went commercial with the trailer. I would guess my trailer is good for maybe 70 pounds. Congratulations!

#12 Desert Fox

Desert Fox

Big Kahuna

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,171 posts

Posted 17 April 2008 - 05:58 AM

Who coined the phrase "Necessity is the father of invention". Hauling camping gear for 8 miles is really hard on your back. So I device a better way of doing it :yahoo: The trailer is very solid and can carry enormous load. I'm planning to add an auxilliary brake on the trailer when I get a chance. This will help to slow you down on a downhill run, especially when carrying a heavy load. I haven't taken a dive yet, but a couple of friend did. :roflmao3[1]: and it ain't funny. One even broke a collar bone. Most of the problem was the trailer jacknifing due to heavy load and sudden breaking on a downhill run. I did broke a gooseneck once during one of those moonless night run, using only headlamp. Run over a pretty good size rock and the trailer flipped over, damping a case of Corona all over the trail. :roflmao3[1]:

#13 PredatorMaster

PredatorMaster

Big Kahuna

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,258 posts

Posted 17 April 2008 - 08:03 AM

Nice looking rig.

#14 OutdoorAviator

OutdoorAviator

Varmint Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 149 posts

Posted 11 May 2008 - 09:25 AM

Great looking rig.. Still making it out this year for the opener? How do you guys do?

#15 Desert Fox

Desert Fox

Big Kahuna

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,171 posts

Posted 13 May 2008 - 06:53 PM

Sure will. 2nd Saturday of August.

#16 Shoot-it

Shoot-it

Big Kahuna

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,201 posts

Posted 14 May 2008 - 10:46 AM

A made one like that a few years ago for duck hunting the refuge. The blinds where miles from the parking lots. It worked good hauling our decoys,waders etc, and guns I just made mine narrower in order to get threw the tulles.I didn't have that neat u joint hookup that's a good idea.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users