7 replies to this topic

#1 yunggun

yunggun

Predator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 230 posts

Posted 05 July 2007 - 03:32 PM

So where is everyone going for the Archery opener? Or does anyone know yet?

#2 NateSmith

NateSmith

Squirrel Shooter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 79 posts

Posted 05 July 2007 - 06:08 PM

Raggy? Archery opener? Did I miss something?

#3 Camoghost

Camoghost

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,449 posts

Posted 06 July 2007 - 07:55 AM

I have an A02 tag so the sky is the limit, then I'm off to Idaho and then off to AZ.. I have been shooting everyday after work for the last month. I'm ready!

#4 RAPTOR72

RAPTOR72

Plinker

• Members
  • Pip
  • 33 posts

Posted 06 July 2007 - 02:07 PM

Hey guys,I am new out here and plan on doing Bow only for now. When does the season start? I was planning on cruising up Highway 4 East into the Sierras to get the lay of the land. Any pointers on some good public land? I think it would be zones d5,d6,x8,x12. Thanks,Raptor72

#5 mac

mac

Big Kahuna

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,503 posts

Posted 10 July 2007 - 11:50 AM

definitely going up D3-5 late August. Always take my bow as this is the time I will also start scouting in case I'm not lucky enough with a bow, but it will get me acquainted with the deer/bear habits. In the area I hunt, especially my prime spot, each year they will take 3-4 different routes between food sources, water and beds - so, I'll probably spend 4-5days monitoring their movement, then check again a week before rifle season to amke sure nothing changed, or if it has, then adopt the new later season hunting techniques. If the 1st weekedn in rifle fails, then I pray the last 2 weeks we get severe weather and head to the super secret migration :roflmao3[1]:
Mac Daddy"Lock, Stock and Two Smokin' Barrels"

#6 peeker seeker

peeker seeker

25-06 shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,898 posts
  • Interests:Grand kids, My dogs, My girls the rabbits and hens Hunting & fishing

Posted 10 July 2007 - 02:31 PM

Sounds like my plans in d6 d5 And you know about that secret spot too. :roflmao3[1]: :signs1180lq: :signs165xk:
Reach out to are fury friends . Use a 25-06 If runs swims or flies ,IT CAN BE DEEP FRIED OR MADE INTO A PIE mmm mmmm ANIMALS IT'S WHATS FOR DINNER. Beeman air...25-06, 223, 7mm- 08 ,7mm Rem mag .Beaman 8 cats 0. Keeper of 2 Border Collie Heelers

#7 Shoot-it

Shoot-it

Big Kahuna

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,272 posts

Posted 11 July 2007 - 08:26 AM

When it snows they move down . I know crocker ridge is packed with hunters at that time I stay away from it.Peeker I know where your spot is across the road from a refuge :roflmao3[1]: :signs1180lq:

#8 mac

mac

Big Kahuna

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,503 posts

Posted 11 July 2007 - 12:16 PM

Lotsa of D area migration routes :lol: ...sometimes it feels like a war when the storms move in...guys are busting shots left and right...
Mac Daddy"Lock, Stock and Two Smokin' Barrels"

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users