7 replies to this topic

#1 Cranky Farmer

Cranky Farmer

smallblockfuelie

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,436 posts

Posted 02 July 2007 - 08:41 PM

So I ran into Wal-Mart tonight after class to pick up some dog food. As I made my usual stroll for the ever shrinking sporting goods department I noticed a whole BUNCH of the Winchester white box ammo. It was mostly all pistol ammo, but there were 15 or 20 boxes of 22-250. No 223 ammo out there, though. I know many of you guys like this ammo and that you might want to know so you can check your local stores.

#2 Stiff Neck

Stiff Neck

Big Shooter

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,070 posts

Posted 02 July 2007 - 09:11 PM

Yeah there's no shortage of WWB ammo, except for 223. I see 22-250 WWB ammo all the time. But not 15-20 boxes!!! The most I've ever seen at any Walmart is 3-4 boxes. I ALWAYS ask if they have more, and the ALWAYS say no. I think it's a conspiracy, how can they only carry a few boxes at a time, yet they always have a few boxes on the shelf? I think their "policy" is to only put a few boxes on the shelf at a time, and deny requests to get more out of the back.WWB 223 isn't even offered anymore in some catologs and on some web sites. Good thing I reload my own!

#3 Jason

Jason

Big Kahuna

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,183 posts
  • Interests:Shooting, camping, scuba diving, American Revolution living history, fishing, ham radio.

Posted 03 July 2007 - 07:40 AM

I love reverse economics. If it sells well and is popular stop selling it because demand doesn't matter!Our wally world has had 22-250 all along. I want my .223 back!!!! I heard the demand created by the war is what did in the WWB .223 45GR JHP rounds. Anyone else hear this?

#4 ShooterJohn

ShooterJohn

Admin

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,213 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, shooting sports and fishing.

Posted 03 July 2007 - 09:06 AM

I know the war has put the hurt on buying small rifle primers. Good thing I always keep a good stock on hand and try to buy them all before Stiff Neck has a chance to get any. :yikes[1]:

Time waits for no one--
treasure every moment you have.

#5 PredatorMaster

PredatorMaster

Big Kahuna

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,258 posts

Posted 03 July 2007 - 09:13 AM

:yikes[1]:

I know the war has put the hurt on buying small rifle primers. Good thing I always keep a good stock on hand and try to buy them all before Stiff Neck has a chance to get any. :D

:yikes[1]:

#6 Stiff Neck

Stiff Neck

Big Shooter

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,070 posts

Posted 03 July 2007 - 01:37 PM

I was just a little quicker than John last time... I did manage to get a case of 5K before John wiped the place out! :yikes[1]: I heard they had to deliver John's order with this: Posted ImageI'm not sure what that is exactly, but the UPS guy sure was glad to have it and it still took over an hour to unload the UPS freight train full of John's components.

#7 ShooterJohn

ShooterJohn

Admin

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,213 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, shooting sports and fishing.

Posted 03 July 2007 - 01:51 PM

Hey Ben I'm glad you were able to get the primers. The Federal Gold Medals are out everywhere. You can never have enough reloading supplies. Like the WWB they might stop making something you use. :yikes[1]:

Time waits for no one--
treasure every moment you have.

#8 Stiff Neck

Stiff Neck

Big Shooter

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,070 posts

Posted 03 July 2007 - 02:05 PM

That 5K of 205Ms should last me another year, maybe two. Especially considering I didn't go to Squirrelville this year.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users