3 replies to this topic

#1 D-Man

D-Man

Big Kahuna

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,482 posts

Posted 29 June 2007 - 08:28 AM

I have a nice Harris bipod already. But I need another one (because we all need new toys). Shooter's Ridge bipods look like they connect the same nice way that Harris ones do. Can they hold up as well? I swear by my Harris bipod and am considering saving a little bit of money by buying the Shooter's Ridge one. It will actually be used by my daughter primarily when we are out hunting.Thoughts?Darren
Blessed be the Lord, my rock, who trains my hands for war, and my fingers for battle; - Psalms 144:1
Fellow Team Savage member and Team Ruger! Semper Fidelis!
NRA Certified Instructor / Multi-state CCW Instructor

#2 clampdaddy

clampdaddy

Chief Feathercloud

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,059 posts
  • Interests:Shooting, Hunting, Reloading, Antique Tractors, Clampin', and Relaxing

Posted 29 June 2007 - 08:53 AM

I actually like my shooters ridge bi-pods better than my harris because the tightening screw is bigger so you don't need a screwdriver to get it good and tight or to take it off. It has a different finnish than my old harris had so it doesn't rust as easily. Mechanicaly I see no difference between the two. I actually sold my harris to a buddy so I could buy another tilting SR bipod.
My guns are mine, they aren't for sale, and I only give guns to people that I really like. So I guess the government is **** out of luck.

#3 A17Shooter

A17Shooter

Big Kahuna

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,788 posts
  • Interests:Varmint Hunting, Rifles, Hunting Pistols, Long Range, Computers, Cameras

Posted 29 June 2007 - 09:34 AM

Harris has redesigned the bipod to include a head on the screws that's about the size of a quarter. Much better!

Guns only have three enemies, Politicians, Ignorant Liberals and Rust.

"A pen in the hand of this president is far more dangerous than a gun in the hands of 200 million law-abiding citizens."

#4 Quade

Quade

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,026 posts
  • Interests:Im an art major at Folsom Lake College. So I spend a lot of my time drawing. And if I have time, I shoot then sleep. ( In that order)<br />I picked up a tattoo machine almost 2 years ago..<br />Its scary as hell, but its fun at the same time..

Posted 29 June 2007 - 09:58 AM

I have one on my rifle, it does the job. But when I get the money for a Harris, Im getting one.

The guy who invented the first wheel was an idiot. The guy who invented the other three, he was the genius.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users