• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 FIRST TIMER

FIRST TIMER

Squirrel Shooter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 97 posts
  • Interests:I LOVE TO HUNT. IT'S BEEN AWHILE SINCE I HAVE POSTED ON THE CLUB WEBSITE. I NEED TO GET BACK OUT IN THE FEILD AND PUT SOME ROUNDS DOWN RANGE. HUNTERS RULE AND GOD BLESS AMERICA!!!

Posted 12 December 2005 - 08:41 PM

Im looking to purchase a new varmint rifle. I have been going back and forth about which rifle to get. I have looking at the Savage model 12 low profile and the Remington 700 VLS. I have been cursed by being left handed so my options are limited. They cost about the same online. So what do you guys think? :)

#2 FIRST TIMER

FIRST TIMER

Squirrel Shooter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 97 posts
  • Interests:I LOVE TO HUNT. IT'S BEEN AWHILE SINCE I HAVE POSTED ON THE CLUB WEBSITE. I NEED TO GET BACK OUT IN THE FEILD AND PUT SOME ROUNDS DOWN RANGE. HUNTERS RULE AND GOD BLESS AMERICA!!!

Posted 12 December 2005 - 08:51 PM

How do the triggers compare? Is the Remington trigger adjustable like the Accu-trigger?

#3 Stiff Neck

Stiff Neck

Big Shooter

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,070 posts

Posted 12 December 2005 - 09:04 PM

Remington looks nicer and has a zillion aftermarket parts. But it costs more. I owned a Rem 700 VS SF .308 at one point. Great rifle, but sold it for quick cash.Savage feels like a rifle on a budget, but they shoot with the best, and better. For less money too. My next rifle will be a Savage 12FV w/bull barrel and synthetic stock for under $500.

#4 RecurveJames

RecurveJames

Plinker

• Banned
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 12 December 2005 - 09:29 PM

Go with the Remington VLS in 22-250.

#5 ShooterJohn

ShooterJohn

Admin

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,398 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, shooting sports and fishing.

Posted 12 December 2005 - 09:33 PM

I've got a Savage Model 12 they're real nice and a tack driver out of the box. You can't beat the Accutrigger either. I also have a Remington 700 VSF a little different but close to the two you mentioned. The Remington is more money and you have to have the trigger done or purchase an after market. But the Savage Model 12's are HEAVY. They are great squirrel guns but you wouldn't want to pack it around. My Rem 700 VSF is a little better and very accurate with my reloads. But I wouldn't want to pack either of them on a long hike. Plus I have way to much glass on mine for carry guns.

Time waits for no one--
treasure every moment you have.

#6 Thumper Dunker

Thumper Dunker

STICK BENDER

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,749 posts
  • Interests:Hunting ,Fishing , Wife ,Son ,Cat,Dog , My koi , Trad Bows.

Posted 12 December 2005 - 10:10 PM

Try a Howa 1500 ;) mines a tack driver got it in the morning took it out to the canal ,sighted it in . and an hour later called in two yotes and got them both with it, two years ago febuary. I love remington and saveges to. eany meany miny moe :) what feels good to you.
You can hop but you can't hide. Yahi Bowmen. Its not how far you can shoot but how close to the game you get when you shoot. Sights we don't need any sights. Why waist time reloading when I can be making arrows.

#7 PAhunter290

PAhunter290

Plinker

• Members
  • Pip
  • 25 posts

Posted 13 December 2005 - 09:56 AM

Im looking to purchase a new varmint rifle. I have been going back and forth about which rifle to get. I have looking at the Savage model 12 low profile and the Remington 700 VLS. I have been cursed by being left handed so my options are limited. They cost about the same online. So what do you guys think? :)

I have a Rem 700 BDL in 7mm mag, and it shoots great.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users