12 replies to this topic

#1 yunggun

yunggun

Predator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 230 posts

Posted 05 June 2007 - 08:56 PM

I had been told on the bowhunting forum on JHO that I should try some of the G5 Montecs. So I went out and got some 100 grainers and took them out to the target. I was amazed at how well these broadheads flew! Just like my field points. I took it all the way out to my 80 yard pin and was still drilling a small paper plate every shot. I'm a believer!

#2 ShooterJohn

ShooterJohn

Admin

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,356 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, shooting sports and fishing.

Posted 06 June 2007 - 09:35 AM

That's a good endorsement if I ever heard one. Thanks Jace. :roflmao3[1]:

Time waits for no one--
treasure every moment you have.

#3 Shoot-it

Shoot-it

Big Kahuna

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,235 posts

Posted 17 June 2007 - 04:12 AM

Yungun where do i find them or do i have to order from a catalog . I will check them out thanks. I see your in okey dale you ever shoot trap in waterford?

#4 yunggun

yunggun

Predator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 230 posts

Posted 18 June 2007 - 10:58 AM

Yungun where do i find them or do i have to order from a catalog . I will check them out thanks. I see your in okey dale you ever shoot trap in waterford?

Any archery shop will have them. I buy mine at Golden Arrow archery on yosemite in Oakdale. Chris who owns the place is a really good guy and very helpful. And yes I have shot trap there in waterford once and had a lot of fun but I like shooting out at turlock sportsmens in Newman. There's not nearly as many people so you get a lot more shooting and each round is 25 shots not 10 like they do in waterford. Just too many people in waterford. It is cool though that they shoot til 10:00pm out there.

#5 Camoghost

Camoghost

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,449 posts

Posted 18 June 2007 - 01:34 PM

I just bought some on Cabela's website.. They are on sale for 28.00

#6 Shoot-it

Shoot-it

Big Kahuna

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,235 posts

Posted 18 June 2007 - 10:03 PM

I use to shoot trap in waterford we use to shoot tell 1 O'Clock in the morning doing custards.That was hard I made it to 5 people once I finally figured it out people would cheat reload very hot with bigger shot you could hear it +they could shoot real well to. I will check that archery shop out next time I am around that area .

#7 ShooterJohn

ShooterJohn

Admin

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,356 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, shooting sports and fishing.

Posted 19 June 2007 - 09:19 AM

Hey Johnny, those hot rounds they were shooting we called ham & bacon loads. I used to attend a lot of Ham & Bacon shoots and I used a load that I made up that used nickel plated shot to keep the pattern together and yes they are HOT loads. But I still beat the old timers before I leaned all of the tricks. Then my girlfriend (wife) told me to stop going to them because the freezer was full of hams that I couldn't eat in a hundred years. :roflmao3[1]: So I gave some away so I didn't bring them home. :roflmao3[1]: One thing you need to do though is mark those rounds with a felt pen or something. I finally used a blue marker on the primers so I could tell them apart. Before I did I'd grab one by accident and the shock of it going off either obliterates the target or you shoot in front of it because it's so fast. Then you start flinching because you aren't sure it it will happen again. It was always fun to drop one into your friends shells too just to keep them awake. :roflmao3[1]:

Time waits for no one--
treasure every moment you have.

#8 Shoot-it

Shoot-it

Big Kahuna

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,235 posts

Posted 19 June 2007 - 01:44 PM

That would be funny dropping one in with someone Else shells.... We now call those shots Boomers! Some people that use them will get accused of it but they denied it and will pull out a factory shell and show it. I know they are full of it. Thanks for the idea of nickel plated shot I might need a recipe someday so I can compete with those guys.Someone gave me a old shotgun reloader has 12 and 20 gauge dies but the bushings are out dated for the new powders.i think its a old hornady model.It still makes a nice crimp.

#9 D-Man

D-Man

Big Kahuna

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,482 posts

Posted 19 June 2007 - 06:16 PM

Used to have buddies that had .357 Mag revolvers. They normally shot .38 Specials in them. Was always fun to drop one in a cylinder if they weren't looking. The extra bang and kick made it fun!Darren
Blessed be the Lord, my rock, who trains my hands for war, and my fingers for battle; - Psalms 144:1
Fellow Team Savage member and Team Ruger! Semper Fidelis!
NRA Certified Instructor / Multi-state CCW Instructor

#10 yunggun

yunggun

Predator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 230 posts

Posted 19 June 2007 - 09:27 PM

Remind me NOT to go shooting with you guys! :signs1111cr: :yikes[1]:

#11 Camoghost

Camoghost

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,449 posts

Posted 26 June 2007 - 06:22 AM

Yungung! Just wanted to say thank you for the tip on these broad heads! Mine came in the mail yesterday took them out back and they fly straight as an arrow ( :roflmao3[1]: ).. Besides mechanical heads these are by far the most accurate heads I have ever shot in my 15 years of bow hunting! Thanks and you the man!

#12 yunggun

yunggun

Predator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 230 posts

Posted 26 June 2007 - 10:46 AM

No problem, Good luck!

#13 tW!tcH

tW!tcH

Predator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 361 posts

Posted 30 June 2007 - 01:30 PM

I just bought some of those. My brother said they performed excellent on a pig he shot.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users