• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 joel1316

joel1316

Predator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 406 posts
  • Interests:Gold Prospecting, Camping, Fishing, Run and Gun (IPSC) Shooting and Airsoft (one of the few old guys at the field)

Posted 09 December 2005 - 01:10 PM

I have an EABCO M97D rifle chambered for their 300BRM. I really love that rifle and its action. I bought it a couple of years back when they were only charging (I believe) $699 for the rifle and at the time I ordered it, it came with free etchings and their french grey finish. Today, he's increased his prices to $1199 :blink:. I wanted to order another rifle chambered for the 17HMR, but $1200 is way too much to pay for a 17HMR.So.... Who else makes a Falling Block action that makes a chambering for the 17HMR? I don't think Ruger's No. 1 is chambered for the 17HMR? I have a No. 1 chambered for 30-06 and also love that rifle.....Now to see if I can get a Falling Block in an HMR????Any ideas???Ruger's site seems to be down and I can't seem to Google the right words to see if they make one.

#2 JohnR

JohnR

Plinker

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 13 December 2005 - 09:13 AM

Savage makes models 30R17 and 30 Stevens "Favorite" take down in 17HMR. These rifles may not be what you are looking for but they are a falling block. I have a model 72 which is the .22lr model like the 30 and trigger is real bad. When I was a kid I had better triggers on my cap guns! I bought this rifle to train young kids how to shoot and it has worked very well.

#3 joel1316

joel1316

Predator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 406 posts
  • Interests:Gold Prospecting, Camping, Fishing, Run and Gun (IPSC) Shooting and Airsoft (one of the few old guys at the field)

Posted 13 December 2005 - 09:40 AM

Thanks! I also found one that Winchester makes, but I'm looking for a more modern look. I'm going to opt for a Marlin at this point as Ruger wants too much for their 17HMR bolt action.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users