#1 Patriot1

Patriot1

Plinker

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Interests:Shooting/hunting, golf, hockey, Hawaii, my family

Posted 08 May 2007 - 09:20 AM

Has anyone heard of NcStar optics? Anyone use them?I was bouncing around GunBroker.com and came across a scope & mount package. The scope was made by NcStar. I've never heard of them, but it seems to have OK features for the money. Many scopes well under $100 and it looks like their high end line is around $200. They've got red dots, spotting scopes, binos....about 300-odd different items. I think they are a co-manufacturer for other, more well known companies and/or brands.Just curious if anyone here knows of them and if the products are worth buying.

#2 bryanhardie

bryanhardie

Squirrel Shooter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 79 posts

Posted 08 May 2007 - 11:19 AM

They are popular with air gunners and airsoft. I have one of their red dot scopes on an automatic BB gun I own. It's a cheap Japanese knock-off, not real impressed with it but it does the job. They might have some decent rifle scopes though.

#3 lilwes278

lilwes278

SATISFACTORY!!!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,652 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, shooting, fishing, four wheeling, riding ATV's, camping, and the various ECV activities...

Posted 08 May 2007 - 12:05 PM

A guy that both Clampdaddy & I know had a cheap NCStar on his .223. He took it off and replaced it with a cheap Bushnell and was much happier, if that tells you anything...
Oregon Hunter's Association memberE. Clampus Vitus Estanislao Chapter 58, Humbug Chapter 73, and Umpqua Joe Outpost 1859 memberIf you can't fix it with a hammer, then you've got an electrical problem.

#4 clampdaddy

clampdaddy

Chief Feathercloud

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,059 posts
  • Interests:Shooting, Hunting, Reloading, Antique Tractors, Clampin', and Relaxing

Posted 08 May 2007 - 02:28 PM

I got one of thier cheapy models a while back to put on a .22 and I didn't care for it. They put some type of coating on the front objective lens that has a orangish-red apearance but when looking through it the sight picture has a greenish color. It was fine for brite mid-day shooting but in the early morning, late evening, if it was overcast, or if your target was hideing in a shady spot, it kinda' sucked. On the otherhand one of my buddys got thier top of the line model with target turrets and a 30mm tube and he seems to like his. The only problem was that the adjustments were supposed to be quarter MOA per click but it was more like three quarters per click.
My guns are mine, they aren't for sale, and I only give guns to people that I really like. So I guess the government is **** out of luck.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users