• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#1 lilwes278

lilwes278

SATISFACTORY!!!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,652 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, shooting, fishing, four wheeling, riding ATV's, camping, and the various ECV activities...

Posted 03 May 2007 - 05:03 PM

Anybody have a knockout recipe for BBQ'd oysters, half shell or otherwise?
Oregon Hunter's Association memberE. Clampus Vitus Estanislao Chapter 58, Humbug Chapter 73, and Umpqua Joe Outpost 1859 memberIf you can't fix it with a hammer, then you've got an electrical problem.

#2 DEERSLAM

DEERSLAM

Hunting 365 days a year...in my mind

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,524 posts
  • Interests:Family and hunting

Posted 03 May 2007 - 05:30 PM

Ooopps....thought you meant Rocky Mountain oysters :rolleyes:
MIKETEAM .204"Had God not intended for humans to hunt, he would not have made animals out of meat."

#3 lilwes278

lilwes278

SATISFACTORY!!!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,652 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, shooting, fishing, four wheeling, riding ATV's, camping, and the various ECV activities...

Posted 03 May 2007 - 06:52 PM

If you keep a recipe for those, I don't want to know about it! :rolleyes:
Oregon Hunter's Association memberE. Clampus Vitus Estanislao Chapter 58, Humbug Chapter 73, and Umpqua Joe Outpost 1859 memberIf you can't fix it with a hammer, then you've got an electrical problem.

#4 hydehunter

hydehunter

Squirrel Shooter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 60 posts
  • Interests:hunting and shooting

Posted 04 May 2007 - 02:08 PM

just bbq them and pour on the hot sauce um good

#5 bzzrd feedr

bzzrd feedr

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,640 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, Shooting, Fishing, Snow Skiing and RV'ing.

Posted 04 May 2007 - 05:01 PM

All I do is on a low-med heat BBQ put the oysters on and when they split open I grab them with a heavy welders glove, shuck with a oyster knife, dip in garlic/butter sauce, hot sauce if wanted or maybe alittle lemon to taste. The key is to not cook them too much. You can schuck them first (Tuff when raw) and put them on the BBQ in the half shell but that's too much work for me.
Life Member DU, NRA, VHA,CWA, and The OF's of America.

#6 clampdaddy

clampdaddy

Chief Feathercloud

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,058 posts
  • Interests:Shooting, Hunting, Reloading, Antique Tractors, Clampin', and Relaxing

Posted 06 May 2007 - 06:59 AM

I just throw 'em on the grill for 10-15 min. I useually eat them plain but sometimes a shot of tapatio or tobasco hits the spot.
My guns are mine, they aren't for sale, and I only give guns to people that I really like. So I guess the government is **** out of luck.

#7 lilwes278

lilwes278

SATISFACTORY!!!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,652 posts

Posted 06 May 2007 - 10:35 AM

Didn't get to grill them last night due to the fishing running a little late. Might go back out fishing again tonight, so the oysters are sitting under a wet paper towel in the fridge for now. I think monday night will be oyster night. I picked up some garlic, butter, and chipotle tabasco to make a dipping sauce. Oh, and of course a 6 pack of prime thirst-quenching 12 ounce beverages! :roflmao3[1]:Posted Image

#8 mac

mac

Big Kahuna

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,503 posts

Posted 23 May 2007 - 03:42 PM

Lilwes, I'll try and look up this awesome recipe for bbq'd oysters...I tried them at the Fish Market here in San Jose and also in Australia...baked or bbq'd with cheese (like stilton or blue) with bacon on top of that...you can kick it a notch with some jalapeno slices..very good
Mac Daddy"Lock, Stock and Two Smokin' Barrels"

#9 mac

mac

Big Kahuna

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,503 posts

Posted 16 June 2007 - 03:21 PM

Okay, okay...I found out the back oyster recipe with bacon is called Oysters Kilpatrick...http://www.recipezaar.com/74462I had these back in Jan when I went to Australia...and then locally at the Fish Market...they were awesome
Mac Daddy"Lock, Stock and Two Smokin' Barrels"

#10 BullsEye

BullsEye

Big Kahuna

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,048 posts

Posted 01 September 2007 - 09:45 PM

I shuck them add a splash of olive oile and a splash of lemon juice. Half a dozen oysters some beer and some tri tip. :roflmao3[1]:

#11 MOchoa

MOchoa

Plinker

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 04 April 2008 - 11:22 AM

I love them this way. Throw em on the grill wait till they open, shuck em, then put them into shot glasses with tabasco sauce, lemon, salt, and top off shot glass with beer.

#12 sportyg

sportyg

Sportyg

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 729 posts
  • Interests:Camping, Fishing, hunting, Football, playing backgammon,& music

Founder: Hunters Helping Hunters
    www.huntershelpinghuntersUSA.org
    LM:NAHC

Posted 07 April 2008 - 07:48 PM

The only real way to eat them is to just shuck them and gobble them down with a few cold beers.. 2 doz to a six pack
Sportyg;Founder:HHHwww.hhh-usa.orgLM:NAHCMbr:TRCP

#13 ShooterJohn

ShooterJohn

Admin

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,144 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, shooting sports and fishing.

Posted 08 April 2008 - 09:13 AM

And everyone say yuck because I like liver. :signtripledogdare2wf: But I like oysters too. :pot:

Time waits for no one--
treasure every moment you have.

#14 Moe

Moe

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,079 posts

Posted 08 April 2008 - 10:51 AM

I eat lots of oysters but seldom cooked. One thing that we used to do was to crank up the Weber and shuck the oysters. Lay them on the grill and put almost any kind of salad dressing on them. When they're cooked lift them off the grill with a set of tongs. Butter and garlic is good on them, too, and a big, cold glass of Bass Ale makes them go down nice. With raw oysters I like either Maker's Mark bourbon or Lagavulin 16 Islay single malt scotch served neat. When I lived in Juneau we'd start clamming on the minus tides this time of the year. The best tides are at night so we'd get a bunch of people together to dig and haul the clams then we'd hang them off a dock in onion sacks to let them purge themselves of sand. In the afternoon we'd get out to the beach and have clams almost any way you can imagine. My favorites were the Maya clams with the paper thin shells. You open the clam and dredge the open side in corn starch the place a drop or two of Lee & Perrins on the clam and place it on a hot cast iron skillet with melted butter. In just a minute or two remove the clam from the pan and serve with fresh sourdough of french bread. Good beer and friends are a must.Now I'm getting homesick for Alaska........... Lots of really great oysters here in the Northwest, tho. Now I'm craving some.
George Soros says we have the best Congress and Administration money can buy.

#15 xyourlocaldjx

xyourlocaldjx

Squirrel Shooter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 64 posts

Posted 18 April 2008 - 12:06 AM

oyster rockefeller is how I like 'em! :) Kumamoto oysters are also my favorite. They're the size of 50 cent coins. The whole shell not just the meat.

#16 TheJester357

TheJester357

Plinker

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 21 April 2008 - 03:54 PM

I stick them on the top rack of the BBQ on low until the pop, then add a slice of butter and a shot of tobasco and let them sit for another 20 min. Mighty tasty with a couple of ice cold beers. Bob

#17 tomcat

tomcat

Varmint Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 138 posts

Posted 21 April 2008 - 10:00 PM

funny you ask thats what i do for a job is a oysters farmer..this is what i doi take one cube of butter1 TBS of garlic1/2 TBS of salt1 Teaspoon liquid smokeand let it let it melt on the BBQ in a panthin oyster will pop opin rip the top sheel off and put the butter on top and let it set for about 2 min or more..

#18 Thumper Dunker

Thumper Dunker

STICK BENDER

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,697 posts
  • Interests:Hunting ,Fishing , Wife ,Son ,Cat,Dog , My koi , Trad Bows.

Posted 21 April 2008 - 11:11 PM

So let me get this strait ! You have to be drinking alot to eat those slimmy balls of cat fish bait :lol: :drinks: :roflmao3[1]: :roflmao3[1]: :signs165xk: :signs165xk: :signs165xk: Maybe one off these days i'll be man enough to try one.
You can hop but you can't hide. Yahi Bowmen. Its not how far you can shoot but how close to the game you get when you shoot. Sights we don't need any sights. Why waist time reloading when I can be making arrows.

#19 marsili

marsili

Plinker

• Members
  • Pip
  • 20 posts

Posted 13 May 2008 - 08:23 AM

i mix up mealted butter, mayonese, and garlic, drench them on the oyster and splash alittle bbq sauce

#20 lilwes278

lilwes278

SATISFACTORY!!!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,652 posts

Posted 15 July 2008 - 08:50 AM

Picked up a couple dozen fresh oysters over on the coast sunday, cooked them up last night trying a new recipe. Tossed them on the grill until they started to open, split them into the half shell and placed 'em back on the grill. When they are almost done I brushed a mixture of 1 cup honey BBQ sauce and 1 teaspoon of chipotle flavored Tabasco on them, then 2 minutes later added a pinch of shredded colby jack cheese on each one. Let them finish cooking until the cheese is almost completely melted and take them off the grill. All i can say is...WOW!!! Hands down the best way I've had oysters so far. The sauce mix really gives it a nice sweet & spicy flavor. Gonna get some more in a week or two and do it again, but this time I'm going to try sharp cheddar instead of the colby jack since I love a good sharp cheddar.

#21 ShooterJohn

ShooterJohn

Admin

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,144 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, shooting sports and fishing.

Posted 15 July 2008 - 09:07 AM

I sure like that NEW Tabasco Chipotle Pepper Sauce.http://www.tabasco.c...epper_sauce.cfmIt adds a special taste that doesn't turn a lot of people off because it's Tabasco. Good stuff I'm adding it to things I normally wouldn't. Those oysters sound good I like the cheese but maybe some pepper jack for me. :good:Try their NEW SWEET & Spicy Pepper Sauce too. Ummmmm!

Time waits for no one--
treasure every moment you have.

#22 lilwes278

lilwes278

SATISFACTORY!!!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,652 posts

Posted 15 July 2008 - 09:15 AM

Chipotle Tabasco, yummm...... I've been using that stuff since it first came out and like John, I've never been a huge fan of regular Tabasco. I have the garlic Tabasco too and it's good, but not as good as the chipotle! I saw the sweet & spicy flavor in the store the other day but haven't tried it yet.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users