#1 coolvarmint

coolvarmint

Varmint Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 179 posts
  • Interests:Killing Varmints

Posted 07 December 2005 - 11:45 PM

Anyone here shoot a fixed power scope?? In particular a SS Tactical, made by SWFA, or have any experience with one?? Most or all of my experience is with a fixed scope. And I love the 30mm tubes and tactical look. Gonna put it on the new Savage 204 thats burning a hole in its case, just got it this weekend. Just like to hear some of your thoughts in particular or in general. Thanks Scott

#2 Thumper Dunker

Thumper Dunker

STICK BENDER

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,734 posts
  • Interests:Hunting ,Fishing , Wife ,Son ,Cat,Dog , My koi , Trad Bows.

Posted 07 December 2005 - 11:53 PM

I have a 10x 40 mildot on my 223 love it ,I think its a bushnell Posted Image
You can hop but you can't hide. Yahi Bowmen. Its not how far you can shoot but how close to the game you get when you shoot. Sights we don't need any sights. Why waist time reloading when I can be making arrows.

#3 FIRST TIMER

FIRST TIMER

Squirrel Shooter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 97 posts
  • Interests:I LOVE TO HUNT. IT'S BEEN AWHILE SINCE I HAVE POSTED ON THE CLUB WEBSITE. I NEED TO GET BACK OUT IN THE FEILD AND PUT SOME ROUNDS DOWN RANGE. HUNTERS RULE AND GOD BLESS AMERICA!!!

Posted 08 December 2005 - 08:48 AM

I have a SS tactical 10X42 fixed power scope. Its hard getting use to since I have always had variable power scopes. The quality and clearity is very good.

#4 hiosilver

hiosilver

Plinker

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 08 December 2005 - 09:09 AM

I have a SS tactical 10X42 fixed power scope. Its hard getting use to since I have always had variable power scopes. The quality and clearity is very good.

I guess my 4X on my 788 Rem .243 is a little outdated but it shoots good.

#5 Rimrock

Rimrock

Big Kahuna

• Gold Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,297 posts

Posted 08 December 2005 - 09:10 AM

I have a 12X40 Leupold. It was on my .223 calling rifle but for close or moving targets the field of view was too small. I changed to a 3X9 and put the 12X on my .17 HMR. It has fine crosshairs and is very clear. I find two drawbacks. The eye relief is critical, and on close shots the target is blurred unless the AO is adjusted.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users