• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 clampdaddy

clampdaddy

Chief Feathercloud

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,058 posts
  • Interests:Shooting, Hunting, Reloading, Antique Tractors, Clampin', and Relaxing

Posted 26 April 2007 - 04:31 PM

I'm going to shoot in my first high power match in a couple weeks. I'll be shooting in the military bolt action/sporter class with my sporterized 1903 springfield. I'm going to shoot my first match with the hunting load that I have already worked up for this rifle but those Hornady Interbonds are a little spendy for papper punching. For some reason it didn't like nosler ballistic tips, but then again it might not have liked the powder. Does anybody have a favorite 30-06 target bullet/powder combo that I should try. So far it seems to like IMR-4350 but not 4064.
My guns are mine, they aren't for sale, and I only give guns to people that I really like. So I guess the government is **** out of luck.

#2 4RHUNTS

4RHUNTS

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,193 posts
  • Interests:Hunting for varmints, two and four legged varieties, deer, pigs, birds, reloading, and fishing.

Posted 26 April 2007 - 05:51 PM

My '03 likes Winchester 147 gr. FMJ boat tails with H4895. I use Winchester brass with Federal primers.

#3 204destroyer

204destroyer

Predator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 248 posts

Posted 26 April 2007 - 06:32 PM

I would sure try the old H4831 its a slow burning powder but I have shot several hundred loads with very tight groups when I matched it with 150 grain sierra bullets. The grains per load I cant remember but the powder worked great with that bullet.GOOD LUCK :signlol2iu:

#4 A17Shooter

A17Shooter

Big Kahuna

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,785 posts
  • Interests:Varmint Hunting, Rifles, Hunting Pistols, Long Range, Computers, Cameras

Posted 26 April 2007 - 09:12 PM

CD,Used to use the Sierra 168 MK or the 165 BTHP with 4831.

Guns only have three enemies, Politicians, Ignorant Liberals and Rust.

"A pen in the hand of this president is far more dangerous than a gun in the hands of 200 million law-abiding citizens."

#5 clampdaddy

clampdaddy

Chief Feathercloud

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,058 posts
  • Interests:Shooting, Hunting, Reloading, Antique Tractors, Clampin', and Relaxing

Posted 28 April 2007 - 12:14 PM

Thanks for the replies guys. It sounds like IMR-4831 seems to be a pretty popular powder with you all so I'll give it a try. I burn H-4895 in my 223 already so I have a can or two of that in the powder locker. I think I'll get some sierra 165s or 168s and try them with a couple different powders and see what she likes. With any luck I may be able to come up with a target load that shoots to the same point of impact as my hunting load. Thanks again fellas.
My guns are mine, they aren't for sale, and I only give guns to people that I really like. So I guess the government is **** out of luck.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users