• Please log in to reply
43 replies to this topic

#31 ShooterJohn

ShooterJohn

Admin

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,385 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, shooting sports and fishing.

Posted 02 December 2008 - 11:25 AM

The next time a moose breaks into my house I'll grab my .44 mag. But for the rest of the intruders I think my 45's will work fine. :) But i had to say it. :roflmao3[1]:

Time waits for no one--
treasure every moment you have.

#32 neocone

neocone

Predator

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 284 posts

Posted 02 December 2008 - 11:23 PM

Regarding Glocks I have a 30 (.45 cal) and a 39 (.45 glock). Both are awesome. The 30 is definitely great as far as a compact .45 and the 39 is amazing for CCW.

#33 Shoot-it

Shoot-it

Big Kahuna

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,243 posts

Posted 03 December 2008 - 06:41 PM

Vertical do you mean the 45acp did not penetrate the front of the skull as for going out the back Even a slug wont do that or a 270 point blank it will end up in the neck.

#34 gbp

gbp

Varmint Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 112 posts

Posted 14 December 2008 - 11:27 AM

Posted Image
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

#35 ECVMatt

ECVMatt

Varmint Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 137 posts

Posted 16 December 2008 - 03:26 PM

Sorry to chime in late...I have a G-20 and love it. I have killed some pigs with it and took it on my AK moose hunt. It is light, decently powerful and accurate. I take it when we are pig hunting with dogs and it is great because it hammers pigs, but doesn't shoot through them like the .44's do.The only problem I had with mine was when I shot at a pig off a mule. The mule went semi-ballistic and the Glock worked perfectly. The only problem was that I was then left trying to control the mule with one hand and not fire the Glock in my other hand. Luckily I held the trigger to the rear when I fired the first round, so the trigger did not reset and the pistol was relatively safe. Hence forth I only shoot at pigs from the mules with my Marlin 1894. That way if I get pitched or have to ditch the rifle I don't have to worry about a loaded gun flying through the air. I guess life can be tough on the frontier sometimes.Glad to here you like your Glock.Matt
Credo Quia Absurdum!ECV 395

#36 Brokehunter530

Brokehunter530

Plinker

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts

Posted 11 February 2009 - 11:08 PM

Thing with the 10mm is the ammo. This Caliber will do anything you need in the lower 48 depending on ammo. Get doubletap ammo and enjoy. This stuff is rediculous. 200gr Wide Flat Nose Gas Check Hardcast Ballistics : 1300fps/ 750 ft./lbs. - Glock 20. Has been proven on anything on everything from deer to moose. Double tap has a speacial bear round that is really effective on Black bear for those who where wondering.

#37 rangertmldr

rangertmldr

Plinker

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 13 March 2010 - 10:12 PM

I agree. 10mm = plenty of power. 15rds for those who owned mags prior to 2000 or are LEO's. 100yard accuracy 10rds in 12inches with adjustable night sights. Arguably the most firepower in a single factory handgun, based on muzzle energy multiplied by mag capacity. Ammo is expensive, but check out georgia arms $390 per 1000.....good plinking ammo made with starline brass. I would prefer 15rds of 10mm to 6 of 44mag in bear country. Also check out the 9x25 dillon conversion (10mm necked to 9mm) double tap sells barrels (made by lone wolf I believe) and ammo. 95 gr at something like 2000fps. It makes a fantastic mess of yotes at 30yards. Someone even necked it down to .22 cal...22 BOZ I think it was called. All in all fantastic platform for a fantastic round. Be a good American and own at least one.

#38 homemade

homemade

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,153 posts

Posted 24 June 2013 - 08:33 PM

I have had my Glock 20 for a few years and one thinkg you will notice or find out is that most companys only load the 10mm to 40 specs so you have to look around to actually buy ammo thats loaded up too 10mm performance there are a few places that load it hot i have seen 1 that loads a 220gn swc thats about 1400fps

#39 Locnload

Locnload

Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 904 posts
  • Interests:Deer hunting, and coyotes when the opportunity presents itself, (I don't have the calling thing down yet).

Posted 13 July 2013 - 09:44 PM

Sorry to chime in late...I have a G-20 and love it. I have killed some pigs with it and took it on my AK moose hunt. It is light, decently powerful and accurate. I take it when we are pig hunting with dogs and it is great because it hammers pigs, but doesn't shoot through them like the .44's do.The only problem I had with mine was when I shot at a pig off a mule. The mule went semi-ballistic and the Glock worked perfectly. The only problem was that I was then left trying to control the mule with one hand and not fire the Glock in my other hand. Luckily I held the trigger to the rear when I fired the first round, so the trigger did not reset and the pistol was relatively safe. Hence forth I only shoot at pigs from the mules with my Marlin 1894. That way if I get pitched or have to ditch the rifle I don't have to worry about a loaded gun flying through the air. I guess life can be tough on the frontier sometimes.Glad to here you like your Glock.Matt

Wow, what the hell was the pig doing on that mule?  lol

#40 dangerranger

dangerranger

Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 776 posts
  • Interests:I am a shooter first and then a hunter. I shoot competitively, most recently in the American Single Shot Association. I have also shot Cowboy action, Silhoettes,etc.. I like to build guns as a hobby.

Posted 14 July 2013 - 12:22 PM

In the early 90s I had my sights set on a Bren Ten. It was thought then that 10mm would take over the LE and defencive pistol markets. I put a deposit down on one but after a few months of looking my LGS couldnt get one in. So I settled for a Wilson Combat 45. Hindsight being what it is I'm happy with the 45 and wouldnt trade it for anything. DR

#41 Stan

Stan

Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 846 posts

Posted 20 July 2013 - 09:31 PM

I shot one at the Raahauge's sport shooting fair when it came out in the Colt delta elite it was a sharp snap in the felt recoil unlike my Ruger Redhawk 44 

#42 Baxter

Baxter

Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 663 posts

Posted 21 August 2013 - 11:25 PM

Just picked up a g20c. Cant wait to shoot it. Got some rounds delivered.

#43 DagoRich

DagoRich

Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 676 posts
  • Interests:Family, good friends, camping, long range shooting, shooting squeeks and prairie dogs, reloading and a good steak.

Posted 23 August 2013 - 08:58 PM

Your gonna like it. I got mine when they first came out still shoot it when i get a chance. Also bought the Delta Elite but sold it. That was a mistake. Oh well live and learn.

"Every Day Is My Friday"

#44 mackeralboy

mackeralboy

Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 909 posts
  • Interests:Hunting anything above or below the water. Kayaking, Backpacking, Scuba, Surfing, anything outdoors.

Posted 02 October 2013 - 05:57 AM

I bought my Glock mod 20 back in 91 and use to use it on pigs and goats when I lived on Catalina. Having all those extra rounds came in handy when I flushed animals from the thick sagebrush and had to take them down while they were on the run. Range, i never shot at anything over 25 yards. As far as a 10mm's stoping power, I would be comfortable taking a deer or pig with it. Anything bigger.... Well that is why I bought my .44 mag.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users