Photo

Got a 2nd at the World Taxidermy Championships!

• Please log in to reply
43 replies to this topic

#31 CoyoteHuntress

CoyoteHuntress

Royal Oaks Taxidermy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,920 posts
  • Interests:Im a full time taxidermist and I LOVE Hunting- coyotes, bobcat, bear, boar, elk, deer etc..

Posted 23 April 2007 - 04:51 PM

CoyoteHutress..............I wish I would've known you were going I would've introduced myself :signs1180lq: . There were some great seminars......huh ?I remember your Fox....................good job :flag: ............ I enetered a Pintail & pulled a 2nd place on it also. I also had entered that 10 foot Python on the Mayan pedestal base (don't know if you saw it) didn't fare as well !I have been going to the California Taxidermy show for 13 years now & it would be great to see you up in Redding in June. Email me with any questions you might have we are like a big family & everybody is welcome to CAT "California Taxidermy Association"PS................... I took off before that storm hit................ I didn't have chains for my rig !DariusTaxidermy

I wish I had known you were going!! Would have been neat to meet up :flag: I pretty much spent the whole week more or less by myself LOL.. Im not int the bars or gambling so I wasnt much fun for other people LOL.. And yes I saw your snake!! I have pics of it thought it was way cool looking. I cant believe you didnt even place with it....I thought it was great. I LOVED that habitat seminar.. Not the stupid tree one, the real one that actually should you how to make rocks and trees etc.. It was awesome.. Did you catch the open mouth elk with the new lip cast system? I was mighty impressed with that cast system.. Really nice detail. I hope to use it this elk season if we get a nice bull.. Id love to hear more about the State show... I asked at the CAT table and I swear they wont tell you squat unless your a member, I told them Id join at the show cuz It says the dues are from show to show... I dont want to have to pay again in a couple of months to "Renew"... Anyhow the lady wouldnt tell me nothing at all about it because I wasnt a "Member" but did sell me a Tshirt.. Go figure.. We left Sun around 11am. Good thing too cuz they were requiring chains and there for a bit it was 30pmh max... We have 4x4 and snow tires so were okay but the trailer didnt have any cables... So we wanted to get home quick... Saw one wreck, no one hurt as there were no ambulances, just tow trucks. Thank God :flag: Hubby came up Sat night and on Sun he pulled the 5th wheel and I followed.. We needed to get over the pass before they put up a wind avisory.. Our trailer is rather tall and is 36 ft long.. Not something you want to get stuck in a storm with for sure...For the Redding show Ill have the 5th wheel hitch in my truck so shouldnt be a problem... Send me some info about the show if you could.. Like what divisions are offered, what the rules are etc. I am going to be altering some of my forms so was curious if you score higher for that or not? Or does it even matter? ClampDaddy- what they meant was to use dried plants or silk... My plants were plastic from Michaels. Nice for customers to keep clean and such but I guess for competition they want more life like plants.. I had no idea and noone told me until the judge said something LOL...Live and learn LOL..
Royal Oaks TaxidermyAward Winning Taxidermist...When Quality Counts! DEER CAPES WANTED

#32 ShooterJohn

ShooterJohn

Admin

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,708 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, shooting sports and fishing.

Posted 23 April 2007 - 09:46 PM

Rae, a good friend of mine Brad Stout took a first place at the same competition. It was his first entry ever also but it was a fish a Kokanee to be precise. He also got a best of show in his class. Maybe you noticed his mount.Attached File  mount.jpg   109.4KB   63 downloadsHere is the model for the mount his daughter. He put a red LED's in the hands so that they glow but the picture I have doesn't show it.Attached File  model.jpg   136.39KB   53 downloadsIt appears taxidermy is really coming on with talented people like you two.

Time waits for no one--
treasure every moment you have.

#33 CoyoteHuntress

CoyoteHuntress

Royal Oaks Taxidermy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,920 posts
  • Interests:Im a full time taxidermist and I LOVE Hunting- coyotes, bobcat, bear, boar, elk, deer etc..

Posted 23 April 2007 - 09:55 PM

Yep I saw that one :signs1180lq: He had that pic setting next to it too :flag: For some reaosn the use of "Hands" was a thing.. There were several others using hands in the scene as well.. Here is one that I thought was pretty cool too... Attached File  World_show_091.JPG   84.98KB   63 downloads
Royal Oaks TaxidermyAward Winning Taxidermist...When Quality Counts! DEER CAPES WANTED

#34 DEERSLAM

DEERSLAM

Hunting 365 days a year...in my mind

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,524 posts
  • Interests:Family and hunting

Posted 24 April 2007 - 06:08 PM

Very cool fish mounts! Hope that guy that had his hand mounted was right handed :rolleyes:
MIKETEAM .204"Had God not intended for humans to hunt, he would not have made animals out of meat."

#35 peeker seeker

peeker seeker

25-06 shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,897 posts
  • Interests:Grand kids, My dogs, My girls the rabbits and hens Hunting & fishing

Posted 24 April 2007 - 10:27 PM

Wow thats great keep up the good work. :rolleyes:
Reach out to are fury friends . Use a 25-06 If runs swims or flies ,IT CAN BE DEEP FRIED OR MADE INTO A PIE mmm mmmm ANIMALS IT'S WHATS FOR DINNER. Beeman air...25-06, 223, 7mm- 08 ,7mm Rem mag .Beaman 8 cats 0. Keeper of 2 Border Collie Heelers

#36 socal duckie

socal duckie

Plinker

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 25 April 2007 - 02:55 PM

congrats!!! your fox looks great!!those fish mounts are cool! never seen the use of hands like that..great idea.

#37 Arise

Arise

Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 607 posts

Posted 02 May 2007 - 10:06 AM

On post 31 you can see the snake that Darius showed at the Taxi gig.http://www.theoutdoo...d...opid=84703CoyoteHuntress - Where are you from? Please post up some pics of other stuff you have done. That Fox has me drooling. :)

#38 CoyoteHuntress

CoyoteHuntress

Royal Oaks Taxidermy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,920 posts

Posted 02 May 2007 - 10:40 AM

On post 31 you can see the snake that Darius showed at the Taxi gig.http://www.theoutdoo...d...opid=84703CoyoteHuntress - Where are you from? Please post up some pics of other stuff you have done. That Fox has me drooling. :)

IM in Valley Springs, Calif :) I just got started in Taxidermy so dont have alot of mounts to show off yet... My website (www.royaloaksranch.com) has mounts posted on it if youd like to see some more ...Heres the first buck I did :) Attached File  finished1stbuck11.jpg   20.54KB   50 downloads

#39 airman

airman

Predator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 235 posts

Posted 02 May 2007 - 11:22 AM

Took a look at your website coyoteHuntress the bobcat looks pretty cool. Nice work

#40 Arise

Arise

Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 607 posts

Posted 02 May 2007 - 12:10 PM

I just got started in Taxidermy so dont have alot of mounts to show off yet

Well, judging by you're fox I would say you certainly found you're nitch. Please post up pictures of mounts when you finish them. :)

#41 squirrelduster

squirrelduster

Plinker

• Members
  • Pip
  • 43 posts

Posted 02 May 2007 - 05:07 PM

Awsome job. I always like the realistic details.You are amazing.Congratulations that is a major accomplishment.I have a couple of squirrels you could do but they might need a little bit of rebuilding. I think it was the exit wound.

#42 CoyoteHuntress

CoyoteHuntress

Royal Oaks Taxidermy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,920 posts

Posted 03 May 2007 - 07:03 AM

I have a couple of squirrels you could do but they might need a little bit of rebuilding. I think it was the exit wound.

:flag: ROFLMAO Did you forget to use the fur friendly gun again?????

#43 Cranky Farmer

Cranky Farmer

smallblockfuelie

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,436 posts

Posted 03 May 2007 - 09:10 AM

How's the work coming along for the next show?

#44 CoyoteHuntress

CoyoteHuntress

Royal Oaks Taxidermy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,920 posts

Posted 03 May 2007 - 11:26 AM

How's the work coming along for the next show?

So far slowly.. Having a heck of a time finding 30 min plaster and vermiculite..which I need for habitat stuff...Otherweise I guess Ill have to use uerthane foam again.. IM going to start rehydrating the buck and lynx Monday when I get back into town.. I also have a coon tanned in the freezer, the form is here so I could mount it as well.. And I need to order the lynx and coyote forms too...Once i get all the pieces laid out its just a matter of putting it all together.. Its just taking forever it seems to get it all together..And I still havent found those russia eyes I wanted for the lynx... UGH....

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users