10 replies to this topic

#1 fiveflat

fiveflat

Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 634 posts

Posted 19 April 2007 - 04:49 PM

That thread about game tracks got me thinking... I *thought* there was only one commercial one - the Foxpro.Do you all think there is room for another electronic call company in the marketplace? I know there are alot of home make electronic callers out there and mine is yet another one. However I can package it into a smaller, prettier unit and probably market it for A LOT less than $400+My finished product will be wireless and will only require an mp3 player.What do you all think?

#2 Braz

Braz

Formerly know as Alpenliter

• Advertiser
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,814 posts
  • Interests:“Witnessing the Republicans and the Democrats bicker over the U.S. debt is like watching two drunks argue over a bar bill on the Titanic.”

Posted 19 April 2007 - 05:08 PM

Actually,there are a number of good electronic calls on the market. Go here to see just a few. http://www.allpredatorcalls.com/

#3 SteveB

SteveB

Varmint Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 108 posts

Posted 19 April 2007 - 05:13 PM

How about selling plans, schematics at a modest price for the DIY guys? This forum would be a great test market.

#4 D-Man

D-Man

Big Kahuna

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,482 posts

Posted 19 April 2007 - 05:44 PM

*Jumping up and down over here* I would love to test and build it from schematics.SteveB - The new CA Big Game manual is published and out. We need to talk deer hunting tags soon!Darren

#5 fiveflat

fiveflat

Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 634 posts

Posted 19 April 2007 - 06:03 PM

I'm just waiting on my transmitter and receiver parts to come in and then I have to design a very small circuit to drive those and it'll be done. Give me another couple weeks and I should have some schematics.

#6 ShooterJohn

ShooterJohn

Admin

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,667 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, shooting sports and fishing.

Posted 19 April 2007 - 06:52 PM

If it's wireless you're going to have to get FCC approval of the wireless portion of it. Believe me you have to jump through hoops. If that wireless is used for something else it licensed as such and you have to relicense it for a new use if they allow it in that band range. :roflmao3[1]:

#7 fiveflat

fiveflat

Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 634 posts

Posted 19 April 2007 - 07:39 PM

I'm not designing the wireless portion of it. I'll fall under FCC part 15. I'm utilizing modules with ready-to-use FCC modular approvals. This means I can drop it into my case. The toughest part will be making a label that states“Contains Transmitter Module FCC ID: XYZMODEL1”Although - it still may be more trouble than it's worth. What would be the best that could happen... I sell a couple a year? I'll draw up the schematics once mine is complete and probably offer it up.

#8 SteveB

SteveB

Varmint Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 108 posts

Posted 19 April 2007 - 07:43 PM

Broadcasting can be done legally, just have to follow frequency allocations, power levels, antenna restrictions etc.WQ6S

#9 ShooterJohn

ShooterJohn

Admin

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,667 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, shooting sports and fishing.

Posted 20 April 2007 - 08:50 AM

Broadcasting can be done legally, just have to follow frequency allocations, power levels, antenna restrictions etc.WQ6S

I understand that, but using a transmitter for purposes it isn't designed for in a frequency range that may not be allocated for that use can cause problems. Isn't that why everything you buy has an FCC certification on it?But my main question here is how are you going to get it to change sounds? Are you able to shuffle the sounds on the player with this remote? Or will this just play the same sound over and over again? :doh[1]:

#10 fiveflat

fiveflat

Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 634 posts

Posted 20 April 2007 - 09:39 AM

But my main question here is how are you going to get it to change sounds? Are you able to shuffle the sounds on the player with this remote? Or will this just play the same sound over and over again? :doh[1]:

I will plug my mp3 player right into the transmitter. So I'll scroll through my mp3 player and play the sound which will then be broadcast. It won't be a compact single transmitter unit. You'll end up with 2 pieces, but compact still.The player unit will be very compact except for the speaker.There still may be some issues with the part 15 rule and I am looking into that John. I'm not discounting your comments by any means!

#11 SteveB

SteveB

Varmint Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 108 posts

Posted 20 April 2007 - 03:54 PM

Good points SJ and Fiveflat. The thought of a project using an old hobby of mine (ham radio) and my new one (hunting) sounds like blast. This forum has been a wealth of valuable info for me. Keep up the good work ShooterJohn! Keep us posted of you progress Fiveflat, If I can help in anyway, let me know.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users