17 replies to this topic

#1 fiveflat

fiveflat

Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 634 posts

Posted 13 April 2007 - 08:19 PM

I've decided that my next handgun purchase will be a .40 rather than a .45. I thought that I wanted the Taurus Millenium Pro, especially when I was handed the Glock and my pinky finger hung down with nowhere to go. Then he pulled out the one pictured below with an extended mag and my pinky finger had a place of it's own. I kinda fell in love (with the finish). So - Both the Taurus and Glock feel just as comfortable in my hand. Is the Glock definately worth paying an additional $180 bucks for?Tell what you all think - is it a good idea or bad idea to go out of the norm and get a finish like this instead of the standard black?Posted Image
Sheldon

#2 fiveflat

fiveflat

Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 634 posts

Posted 13 April 2007 - 08:34 PM

By the way - I know that's not a Glock27 pictured - but I was handling a 27 with that finish.
Sheldon

#3 A17Shooter

A17Shooter

Big Kahuna

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,779 posts
  • Interests:Varmint Hunting, Rifles, Hunting Pistols, Long Range, Computers, Cameras

Posted 13 April 2007 - 11:18 PM

Don't get that sucker! If you drop it in the desert, you'll never find it. :harhar1[1]:

Guns only have three enemies, Politicians, Ignorant Liberals and Rust.

"A pen in the hand of this president is far more dangerous than a gun in the hands of 200 million law-abiding citizens."

#4 4RHUNTS

4RHUNTS

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,193 posts
  • Interests:Hunting for varmints, two and four legged varieties, deer, pigs, birds, reloading, and fishing.

Posted 14 April 2007 - 06:04 AM

What Glock? I don't see a Glock there. You must be having problems with your pictures. :harhar1[1]: I would get the Glock. You can't go wrong with those pistols. I was shooting my model 23 yesterday and it always impresses me. Have you checked out the model 23? Not too much bigger than the 27 and a whole lot easier to shoot, say hit with, than those smaller ones.

#5 fiveflat

fiveflat

Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 634 posts

Posted 14 April 2007 - 07:26 AM

Really, I was wondering about opinions on the camo finish too. Like it? Hate it? Not bad, but rather have it black? or what...
Sheldon

#6 ShooterJohn

ShooterJohn

Admin

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,151 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, shooting sports and fishing.

Posted 14 April 2007 - 09:19 AM

Seriously, don't get the camo. I lost my Leica rangefinder in camo when I set it down once and took forever to find it again. I've had a few friends lose other camo items too. Besides when I bring out my pistol I want people to know it's a pistol and think twice. For target shooting who cares what color it is? Big black and ugly makes people notice you're carrying a pistol. JMHO

Time waits for no one--
treasure every moment you have.

#7 A17Shooter

A17Shooter

Big Kahuna

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,779 posts
  • Interests:Varmint Hunting, Rifles, Hunting Pistols, Long Range, Computers, Cameras

Posted 14 April 2007 - 09:35 AM

Besides when I bring out my pistol I want people to know it's a pistol and think twice. For target shooting who cares what color it is? Big black and ugly makes people notice you're carrying a pistol. JMHO

Ditto the SJ comment. And, you don't want some youngster to think it's a water pistol. Or. if you're engaged in one of those rare "serious" social occassions, you don't want someone to think you're trying to face him/her down with a water pistol.

Guns only have three enemies, Politicians, Ignorant Liberals and Rust.

"A pen in the hand of this president is far more dangerous than a gun in the hands of 200 million law-abiding citizens."

#8 bzzrd feedr

bzzrd feedr

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,640 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, Shooting, Fishing, Snow Skiing and RV'ing.

Posted 14 April 2007 - 02:57 PM

ditto SJ and Gary, no camo pistols or anything little like binos, rangefinders, etc. unless they have gps tracking devices. :harhar1[1]:
Life Member DU, NRA, VHA,CWA, and The OF's of America.

#9 rangertmldr

rangertmldr

Plinker

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 13 March 2010 - 10:33 PM

Sorry guys, gotta disagree. I think that camo job is spectacular. Don't set your handgun down and you wont loose it....keep it in your hand or in your holster or in the safe. Can't go wrong with the glocks either.

#10 fishandhunt4ever

fishandhunt4ever

Predator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 381 posts
  • Interests:I really love hunting and fishing. I am looking forward to making friends from this web community and share information that can be helpful.

Posted 27 March 2010 - 06:50 PM

I own a Glock 21 and I love it, love it, love it. The .45 is a reliable round, a little heavier, but reliable. If you are going with a .40 cal, and the gun will be used primarily for your sidearm while hunting, I would say the Glock 23, it is slightly smaller and weighs less than the 22,, and since we can only have 10 round mags anyways, it would be a good addition for you. Paying the extra 180 for the gun is worth it because of the reliability. Plus with the Glock you have the options for a lot of accessories to go with it.

#11 Red Dog

Red Dog

Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 771 posts

Posted 27 March 2010 - 08:26 PM

Really, I was wondering about opinions on the camo finish too. Like it? Hate it? Not bad, but rather have it black? or what...

You asked for it----- It's B-FUGLY!!!!!!And I can't stand Glocks.

#12 Red Dog

Red Dog

Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 771 posts

Posted 27 March 2010 - 08:28 PM

I just noticed this post is 3 years old............... It's still B-FUGLY!!!

#13 outdoorsguy29

outdoorsguy29

Plinker

• Members
  • Pip
  • 31 posts

Posted 08 September 2010 - 11:57 AM

So I take it you are still in trying to decide on a self defense handgun correct? They both have their good points. On one hand with revolvers you have your different types of ammo to choose from but to carry requires a holster that carries out in the open. On the other hand if you want a weapon you can conceal if you want then a semi. in which case I would go for a Glock for two legged, unwanted varmints you got your choice from a 9mm,357sig to a .45. For a four legged especially with big teeth you have a choice from .45 t0 a 10mm. Then again that's only my opinion.

#14 Jason

Jason

Big Kahuna

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,183 posts
  • Interests:Shooting, camping, scuba diving, American Revolution living history, fishing, ham radio.

Posted 08 September 2010 - 12:44 PM

And the Glocks are dishwasher and microwave safe just like tupperware!

#15 sixgun

sixgun

Varmint Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 102 posts

Posted 26 October 2010 - 05:01 PM

advice from others i know "just get a glock and get over it" :glare:
Every boy should have two things: a dog, and a mother willing to let him have one.

#16 fyrewil

fyrewil

Predator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 262 posts

Posted 26 October 2010 - 05:41 PM

I have a 27 and use it as a backup while on patrol to my 22, I also carry my 27 for CCW as well. LOVE IT!

#17 ShooterJohn

ShooterJohn

Admin

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,151 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, shooting sports and fishing.

Posted 26 October 2010 - 06:17 PM

I'm sure Sheldon would appreciate his three and a half year old post coming back to life. :glare:

Time waits for no one--
treasure every moment you have.

#18 Thumper Dunker

Thumper Dunker

STICK BENDER

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,699 posts
  • Interests:Hunting ,Fishing , Wife ,Son ,Cat,Dog , My koi , Trad Bows.

Posted 27 October 2010 - 09:51 AM

Did he get a glock ?
You can hop but you can't hide. Yahi Bowmen. Its not how far you can shoot but how close to the game you get when you shoot. Sights we don't need any sights. Why waist time reloading when I can be making arrows.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Google (1)