7 replies to this topic

#1 tkirkland123

tkirkland123

Plinker

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 29 March 2007 - 01:33 PM

Hey Guys I am new here and I thought I would give this thing a try. I am planning on getting a leupold vx-II in 6-18 with target knobs and target dot. I was wondering if anybody had this scope or had expierence with this scope. It is going on a .223 remington 700 Varmint. I shoot primarely squirrels with this gun. I currently have a zeiss conquest 6.5-20x50 on it buut I want to put it on my .22-250 I am building. I have used the VXII in 4-12 and loved it. I couldn;t see the difference in it compared to me VXIII. let me know your opinions whether you think I should run it or spend the extra for the VXIII. Also if there is any other scope I might want to look into. thanks - tom

#2 D-Man

D-Man

Big Kahuna

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,482 posts

Posted 29 March 2007 - 01:37 PM

First of all, welcome aboard! Can't speak to your scope question, but always welcome to a new member here!Darren :signlol2iu: :pirashoot:

#3 Cranky Farmer

Cranky Farmer

smallblockfuelie

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,436 posts

Posted 29 March 2007 - 04:31 PM

Doesn't Leupold have a comparison option on their website for their different products? And welcome to the forum.

#4 DEERSLAM

DEERSLAM

Hunting 365 days a year...in my mind

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,524 posts
  • Interests:Family and hunting

Posted 29 March 2007 - 05:11 PM

I have the VII 6x18 on my .204 and really like it. I don't have the target knobs because I also use the gun for yotes but mostly because I don't use them. Can't go wrong with a Leupold.

#5 4RHUNTS

4RHUNTS

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,193 posts
  • Interests:Hunting for varmints, two and four legged varieties, deer, pigs, birds, reloading, and fishing.

Posted 29 March 2007 - 06:10 PM

Welcome to the forum. I have two of the 6x18 Leupolds. One on my Savage 223 the other on my AR15. They are used primarily for squirrel shooting. Great scopes. The one on the Savage is about 10 years old. Have never had any problems with them. Great scopes.

#6 A17Shooter

A17Shooter

Big Kahuna

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,819 posts
  • Interests:Varmint Hunting, Rifles, Hunting Pistols, Long Range, Computers, Cameras

Posted 02 April 2007 - 02:40 AM

Really don't see anything missing from the VX-II line that I use when shooting squirrels. The VX-III has the latest lens system and is available with side-focus and some other options. All the options probably come at extra cost. Let us know what you choose and how it works out. Welcome to CPC. :signlol2iu:

#7 Stiff Neck

Stiff Neck

Big Shooter

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,070 posts

Posted 02 April 2007 - 08:36 AM

I'd take a hard look at the Nikon Buckmasters 6.5-18x40 side focus with target turrets for $350. It's a pretty nice scope for the money, I love mine so far. It comes with both standard tall turrets and also tactical turrets, and your choice of standard plex or target dot recticle. Shown with Leupold rings, tactical turrets, and Butler Creek scope caps.Posted Image

#8 ShooterJohn

ShooterJohn

Admin

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,659 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, shooting sports and fishing.

Posted 02 April 2007 - 09:09 AM

I just got my two new Nikon Buckmasters 6-18X40's from MidWay's latest sale. They had them for $269 and that's hard to beat for such a good scope. I really like they're side focus.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users